• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

For people who went/are going to one of the Journey Across America events...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did/going to dress up as? (Like what Pokemon character) I'm going to dress up as Pokemon Ranger Hinata. (Ok, I'm going to try my best to look like her with the stuff I already own so my outfit won't be like all the same but mostly, some stuff might be in different colors... XD ) I was going to be May/Haruka but then I thought so many people have done that so I thought there probably won't really be any Pokemon Rangers since for the Pokemon Fans who don't go on the web and keep track in Japan won't know about them. When I went to Pokemon Rocks America in Chicago mostly people dressed up as May or Ash. So yeah... I won't be going to Chicago for the event since I won't be here (I have to go to my cousin's graduation thing in New York.) but I'm going to the one at Mall of America... so yeah, people who are there get to see me. :D

PS: For people who did not dress up you can say what Pokemon shirt had on/going to wear. For people who just had/going to have normal clothes on I don't really know what to tell you. XD

Edit: I hope I put this thread in the right place... >.>

obada

frontier champion
You dont have to dress in anything that concerns pokemon, anyway I've been like twice but never dressed in anything concerning pokemon.
I like pokemon but dressing like the characters isnt my style.

I

Insomniatic Meat

I'd like to go but I live in England, But I wouldn't dress as anything, Like above poster said -- Not my style

The_Mighty_Medicham

It's electric!
I'm not exactly dressing up, but I'm going to wear these two badges things I got with figures waaay back. And maybe put a plush in my pocket. Mainly so I will be recognized by someone I'm meeting there.

Alphonse Elric

That's My Rule!!!
What made you think you had to dress up? If you do, you'll probably get laughed at because it's a gaming convention, NOT a Cosplay Event. :p

As for me, probably just a Lucario-print black shirt, and nothing like a costume.

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
Well I was going to cosplay as Shelly at the Detroit convention however it takes at least two hours to get to Detroit and my aunt Martha that lives near Detroit was going to take me there but she all the sudden became too busy with my cousin's wife Danielle's baby shower because she is going to have a baby in a few months and the convention is a week from that day and she has plenty of things on her hands and my cousin Alex has a job at selling cars and isn't home and Mom or Dad aren't bothering to drive because they think that its pointless to have a two hour car ride just to go to a convention unless my cousins take me. So I'm now stuck with this Shelly costume that I made with nothing to wear it to and I don't want to save it for Halloween because then I would get chilled in it besides I have Cosplay plans arranged for Courtney (maybe Harley too if I find any conventions) so that is my story.

Phoenix Wright said:
What made you think you had to dress up? If you do, you'll probably get laughed at because it's a gaming convention, NOT a Cosplay Event. :p

As for me, probably just a Lucario-print black shirt, and nothing like a costume.

I said I was doing it for fun. -_- Ok I won't get laughed at, when you go to the event tell me if you see any person dressed up as someone. (Like Ash or May.) Trust me, you'll see at least someone... if it's too cold I'll wear my Pokemon Rocks America shirt but I really want to dress up. It's fun. Besides, then I can use the outfit for Halloween. ;311;

Alphonse Elric

That's My Rule!!!
Spirit Rubi said:
I said I was doing it for fun. -_- Ok I won't get laughed at, when you go to the event tell me if you see any person dressed up as someone. (Like Ash or May.) Trust me, you'll see at least someone... if it's too cold I'll wear my Pokemon Rocks America shirt but I really want to dress up. It's fun. Besides, then I can use the outfit for Halloween. ;311;
Well, the only person I saw dressed up during the last JAA was the official Pokemon Diploma maker, who was dressed up as... Roxanne? Other than that, everybody was just wearing normal outfits. But I distinctly remember somebody in a Plusle costume...

Tabby Catty said:
Well I was going to cosplay as Shelly at the Detroit convention however it takes at least two hours to get to Detroit and my aunt Martha that lives near Detroit was going to take me there but she all the sudden became too busy with my cousin's wife Danielle's baby shower because she is going to have a baby in a few months and the convention is a week from that day and she has plenty of things on her hands and my cousin Alex has a job at selling cars and isn't home and Mom or Dad aren't bothering to drive because they think that its pointless to have a two hour car ride just to go to a convention unless my cousins take me. So I'm now stuck with this Shelly costume that I made with nothing to wear it to and I don't want to save it for Halloween because then I would get chilled in it besides I have Cosplay plans arranged for Courtney (maybe Harley too if I find any conventions) so that is my story.

That sucks, I feel sorry for you. T_T (My dad offered me to go on a 7 hr drive to go to Mall of Amercia since I couldn't go to the one in Chicago due to me going to New York and stuff.) I think I have everything for my outfit except I have to stick on some yellow lines on my black shorts. So yeah... the part that's probably going to look the least like Hinata is the jacket... >.> *sighs* Well, I'll try my best. ;312;

Phoenix Wright said:
Well, the only person I saw dressed up during the last JAA was the official Pokemon Diploma maker, who was dressed up as... Roxanne? Other than that, everybody was just wearing normal outfits. But I distinctly remember somebody in a Plusle costume...

When I went to Pokemon Rocks America in Chicago this kid was dressed as a Blaziken then like 3 or 5 people were Ash then some people as Team Rocket then May... yeah... XD

Last edited:

Alphonse Elric

That's My Rule!!!
Spirit Rubi said:
When I went to Pokemon Rocks America in Chicago this kid was dressed as a Blaziken then like 3 or 5 people were Ash then some people as Team Rocket then May... yeah... XD
Don't double post. There is an EDIT Button located at the bottom right corner.

On topic, so basically only the super-obsessed fans will dress up at the JAA. :p

Phoenix Wright said:
Don't double post. There is an EDIT Button located at the bottom right corner.

On topic, so basically only the super-obsessed fans will dress up at the JAA. :p

Eh, I didn't double post... I answered two people... oh wait... you mean answer two quotes at the same time. XD I'm sorry let me fix that... >.>

I'm not super-obsessed, I just want to have fun. ._.

Astinus

I'm either wearing my bright yellow Pokémon TCG Gym Leader shirt and wandering around with a few plushies and Frontier symbols; or wearing a Meowth costume, carrying a few plushies and Frontier symbols and chasing after Meowth. Depends on how much prep time I'm willing to put in.

And no, I don't care who laughs at me.

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
Hanako Tabris said:
I'm either wearing my bright yellow Pokémon TCG Gym Leader shirt and wandering around with a few plushies and Frontier symbols; or wearing a Meowth costume, carrying a few plushies and Frontier symbols and chasing after Meowth. Depends on how much prep time I'm willing to put in.

And no, I don't care who laughs at me.

It took about 3 weeks of prep time if you counted looking for the pieces of clothing. but I started it in late March because I wanted to have time to look in thrift shops for any accessories or clothing to alter with my sewing skills. I found this washed denim jack that was in good condition it was longsleeved and was a bit long for Shelly so I ripped off the buttons and pockets with my handy seam ripper then I cropped it by cutting it leaving it about two inches longer than the desired length to hem it after that I did the same with the sleeve and I had my jacket. The jeans were easy I got some that were from 70s it seemed so they were very old but anyways I only needed to sew on the red circles to them and that only took about three hours. I then bought a black camisole I didn't bother cropping it because I don't like showing my midrift and some cute clogs to slip on like the ones Shelly has almost. The hardest part was the bandanna sewing the emblem on wasn't but folding it correctly took lots of practice I finnally did it though the trick is to make the cloth really big enough to make the bandanna stay properly. I didn't but any hair spray though because of the fact that I wanted to wait until June when the convention started. And those three weeks were waisted but it sure was a lot of fun and my mom had to take a few pictures to pose I don't think she wants me to show them to you guys but anyways I do wear the denim jacket and jeans however since they are so cool. But I'm a brave soul to wear them and I do get comments especially when shopping at the store and they see me wearing my jacket and jeans.

PS: when one of you was talking about super obsessed fans I'm considered a super obsessed fan at my school so I'm dressing up I guess to show how much of a pokeholic I am

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.