• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

For those getting the game(s) or heavily leaning on getting the game(s), Pikachu or Eevee?

For those applicable, which Let's Go game(s) will you/will you likely be getting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

J. D. Guy

Which version will you be getting, have pre-order to get, or are very heavily considering to get/pre-order?

I intend to pre-order very soon, but I wonder which should I get, as I'll only be getting one. Pikachu or Eevee? Right now, not much can be discerned about the specifics of each version past the Starter, but that's still a pretty big distinction. For those who intend to use the Starter in their team/include it in their rotation, the choice could make some form of dictation on how the game will go, especially the early game, along with team composition. Each will bring their own upsides and downsides. Then there's the aesthetics about it. Does Pikachu's shoulder companion intrigue you, or are you more an Eevee-on-the-head kind of person? And so on and so forth.

I'm a little puzzled on which to pick, myself. So feel free to discuss and give your reasonsings, and maybe they can help me pick one. And if not, it should still make for some fun and pleasant discussion. If you intend to get both, you can say so as well. I included a poll, too, and you're free to change your vote if you have a new choice in mind.

Note: This thread is meant for those who know they are getting Let's Go Pikachu and/or Let's Go Eevee, or who are heavily leaning towards doing so. If you know you don't fit either description, then this isn't the thread for you, nor is this thread meant for other derailments. Thank you.

buskalilly

I'm not personally bothered too much either way, so I'll wait until closer to the time and see if any friends are picking up one or the other. If I don't have anyone specifically to counter, I'd probably go Eevee on the assumption Pikachu will be more popular.

J. D. Guy

I'm not personally bothered too much either way, so I'll wait until closer to the time and see if any friends are picking up one or the other. If I don't have anyone specifically to counter, I'd probably go Eevee on the assumption Pikachu will be more popular.

Pikachu does feel like it'll be the go-to pick, doesn't it?

Arcanineblitz

I’m getting eevee since I love eevee in general but I may switch depending on version exclusives

PirateKing

This is like, the most conflicted I’ve ever been on deciding which version. Eevee’s one of my top 5 favorite Pokémon, but I think I might go with Pikachu for this, it just feels right, especially since this is inspired by Yellow.

One thing I really like is how Pikachu and Eevee will stay on your shoulders even if they’re boxed and not part of your team, which makes it so I’m not obligated to use them, but also won’t make me feel bad for dumping the starter.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Eevee is the obvious choice.

I mean, it's Eevee! Also, Pikachu is lame and ridiculously overrated. Having Eevee around just as a travelling companion is dope.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I'd say wait a bit longer. It seems that both Pikachu and Eevee will receive boosts exclusively, given the fact Pikachu learns Double Kick. Also, Eevee being a Normal-type is completely inferior compared to Pikachu's superior Electric-type advantage, which excites me how they plan to balance Eevee. In Yellow, Blue was able to evolve his Eevee after all, so it has never been a problem.

Based on their aesthetic appearance however, my opinion is that Eevee looks way cuter than Pikachu does in HERE.

Last edited:

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Depending on version exclusives, Eevee! It's cuter. It's like a lil bunny puppy thing. Unless the version exclusives are absolutely horrible, I think that it's the easier pick for my first choice.

I'll probably get both anyway, though.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'd say wait a bit longer. It seems that both Pikachu and Eevee will receive boosts exclusively, given the fact Pikachu learns Double Kick. Also, Eevee being a Normal-type is completely inferior compared to Pikachu's superior Electric-type advantage, which excites me how they plan to balance Eevee.

I don't even plan on using Eevee in battle. I just want to travel with it, which is why I'm getting that version.

Kage-Pikachu

Definitely my buddy Pikachu! Gotta make sure I do what Ash couldn't and have Pikachu trounce Eevee!
I can't remember but were abilities a thing?

J. D. Guy

Thanks for the responses, guys. :) Nice to see so many Eevee choices! I agree that it'll be fun to see how they'll develop Eevee in to a respectable counterpart to Pikachu, battle-wise.

My nostalgia kicked in, and I went with Pikachu. It's been a while, but I think Yellow was my first Pokemon game (I went back and played Blue a little after I played Yellow).

Definitely my buddy Pikachu! Gotta make sure I do what Ash couldn't and have Pikachu trounce Eevee!
I can't remember but were abilities a thing?
Do you mean in this game? If so, I think so, yeah.

Kage-Pikachu

Thanks for the responses, guys. :) Nice to see so many Eevee choices! I agree that it'll be fun to see how they'll develop Eevee in to a respectable counterpart to Pikachu, battle-wise.

My nostalgia kicked in, and I went with Pikachu. It's been a while, but I think Yellow was my first Pokemon game (I went back and played Blue a little after I played Yellow).

Do you mean in this game? If so, I think so, yeah.
Thank you, hopefully they add some new ones too.

Manchee

extra toasty
I don't even plan on using Eevee in battle. I just want to travel with it, which is why I'm getting that version.

That's where I'm at. I didn't know that Eevee/Pikachu will still ride on you despite being boxed, which changes my perspective on making my decision. I was going to pick Pikachu since I just finished playing Yellow, and planned on boxing it and moving on, but if it would still ride on me, I think I'll choose Eevee because I'd much prefer having it with me than a Pikachu. I love the idea of the starter riding around on the journey, but I'm kind of disappointed that it won't evolve because then it feels more like a gimmick. But oh well. If I've got to choose one to ride on my shoulder, it is going to be Eevee.

Marchbaby

I am getting both as I have bought nearly every game so far minus a few of the spinoffs. It is a habit of mine as I like being able to get both games exclusives with as little hassle as possible. That and getting a different starter depending on which game you get this time makes it a tiny bit easier to justify on top of that.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I would go for the Eevee version. Pikachu already gets a lot of attention as the mascot of the franchise and I just like Eevee because it has so many evolutions (even though the starter can't evolve lol).

Eryzol

LEGEND
I want to see if eevee can evolve etc.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm definitely gonna get Pikachu since it's still battle ready, even as a Pikachu. I'm sorry, but getting Eevee as a starter seems pointless to me, as it's not gonna be useful against many pokemon.

They'll probably switch up it's move set a bit and let it learn Dig but even with different type moves, it doesn't have the power to be effective with them.

gofishyfish

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I need to wait a bit more to see what game exclusives each one will get. There is always one or two Pokemon in one version and not the other that I absolutely must have. But, for now, I'm leaning more toward Eevee. Pikachu has had it's time in the spotlight, let the age of Eevee arrive!

Status
Not open for further replies.