• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

For those getting the game(s) or heavily leaning on getting the game(s), Pikachu or Eevee?

For those applicable, which Let's Go game(s) will you/will you likely be getting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I need to wait a bit more to see what game exclusives each one will get. There is always one or two Pokemon in one version and not the other that I absolutely must have. But, for now, I'm leaning more toward Eevee. Pikachu has had it's time in the spotlight, let the age of Eevee arrive!

As of now, Sandshrew, Oddish, and Growlithe are exclusive to Pikachu, and Vulpix, Meowth, and Bellsprout are exclusive to Eevee. Not sure if that sways your choice either way lol.

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
Was gonna go with Eevee but after hearing you could catch them in the wild, I'm going with LGP. I don't want to deal with a normal type with no advantages my entire journey. At least with Pikachu I have some type coverage.

Ask

cringelord
Pikachu. Both are kinda overrated, but Pikachu’s the mascot...Eevee’s popularity is largely from the fact that it evolves into one of many forms, which just seems kinda DeviantArt to me because of how it doesn’t fit in (imo) and I can’t get behind it because of that.

Last edited:

Zafie

A Longtime Fan
I definitely plan on getting both games. But unsure if I'll get them at the same time or not...

gofishyfish

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
As of now, Sandshrew, Oddish, and Growlithe are exclusive to Pikachu, and Vulpix, Meowth, and Bellsprout are exclusive to Eevee. Not sure if that sways your choice either way lol.
Nope, not really lol! Those are some pretty underwhelming exclusives. So, it's looking like I'll get Let's Go Eevee

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Nope, not really lol! Those are some pretty underwhelming exclusives. So, it's looking like I'll get Let's Go Eevee

Honestly Growlithe was the deal maker for me lol. I mean you can't not love riding Arcanine.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

You swayed me one way with Sandslash, then the other with Bellsprout.

I'm gonna go with Pikachu, though. I've never quite understood why Eevee is so popular. Sure, it's cute, but that's kind of it. Also, even though the starter one can't evolve, neither of my favorite Eeveelutions are in the game (Umbreon and Glaceon).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Pikachu
I was going to be Team Eevee at the start but the fact you can't evolve starter Eevee was a HUGE turn off, I'll stick with Pikachu thank you very much. At least Pikachu will be more useful, and I get the fluffy doggo

Also there's the fact I can catch a Eevee of my own in Pikachu to evolve into what I want, probably won't happen unless we get a new one though. Umbreon's usually my Eeveelution of choice.... but non-gen 1 evolutions are stupidly disabled

Lockraemono

You can catch Eevees too, can't you? And I would be surprised if a wild-caught Pikachu would ride on your trainer, so it still loses out in that realm for people who enjoy that aspect.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I'm leaning towards Pikachu unless there's a special moveset for the Eevee because using an Eevee with a traditional moveset is not...ideal. Doable, yes, but I'd prefer Pikachu if that's the case.

I'm gonna be playing Eevee, and so is everyone else I know. I highly suspect there will be a much higher ratio of adults that buy Eevee and a higher ratio of children that play Pikachu.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm gonna be playing Eevee, and so is everyone else I know. I highly suspect there will be a much higher ratio of adults that buy Eevee and a higher ratio of children that play Pikachu.
Well a good number of adults would have grown tired of Pikachu being a mascot and would definitely prefer the Eevee version as a result. The kids tend to see Pikachu as more of a cool Pokémon due to how Ash uses it in the anime and its excessive promotion and are less experienced overall. It wouldn’t be surprising if Pikachu outsells Eevee by a small margin.

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer
I'm not sure to be honest. I'd much rather have Eevee as a starter over Pikachu, but I also want my favorite pokemon ever, Growlithe, which is a LGP exclusive.

I caught a breeding pair of Growlithes in GO to be traded to LGE, but I just found out that breeding has been removed.

So now I don't know. I might wait until after release when the full exclusives list is shown, and when it's confirmed that the real starters are still available like in the original Yellow. As long as I can get those three, Kabutops, Nidoran(M), that'd be the rest of my Gen I favorites. Marowak, Seaking, Ninetales and Gyarados would be my secondary favorites I could pick from to complete the team.

Or I might just stock up on Growlithes in GO, and transfer them all to LGE and pick my favorite. I think either way I'll wait and see, rather than preorder it.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
Not sure if I'm picking up this game yet. I prefer eevee over pikachu but I voted Pikachu because I don't like the fact that eevee just sits on your head. I think it looks cooler on your shoulder and having it on your head bothers me for some reason. It just feels uncomfortable somehow.

Opal Pikachu13

I'm going with Eevee, even if it doesn't evolve, it will be great to have it as a starter, especially with its new Elemental moves it can learn. I'm also glad Meowth is catchable on LGE unlike on the original Yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.