• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

For those of you who care to rate what it is you click on...

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
392.png

Infernape@Life Orb
Naïve/Hasty; 20 Atk, 238 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed

Nasty Plot
Grass Knot
Flamethrower
Close Combat

Standard Mixnape. I can’t recall the EVs. Aside from being a starter pokemon, its fast and hits a lot of things for great damage. That said, it is my lead. Along with Starmie and most importantly Empoleon, it covers Sala and Gliscor for Ice. I love how it takes WoW for Electivire.

466.png

Electivire@Expert Belt
Adamant; 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Speed

Ice Punch
Earthquake
Cross Chop
Thunderpunch

I really like Electivire, as it provides a second Electric resist for my team, when combined with Gliscor. Aside from that, it turns what is basically Empoleon’s only special weakness into an advantage. Thunder Wave resistance = win. Thunderpunch because I want it physical.

373.png

Salamence@Choice Specs
Modest; 6 HP, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed

Hydro Pump
Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower

Ah, specsmence. There isn’t much else to say here. Hits hard, fast, and has a great ability that allows it to have an easier time against physical attacks. Paired with Gliscor, it helps pad the EQ weakness that 3 of my pokemon carry.

121.png

Starmie@Leftovers
Timid;172 HP, 120 Sp.Atk, 216 Spd

Recover
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Thunderbolt

I want this Starmie mainly for Rapid Spin, not to sweep. If Recover is present, then I will probably get rid of Surf. Thanks to Natural Cure, it can easily shrug off status on the switch. I can’t remember if spinner Starmie has different EVs, and once again I think recover may have been on there somewhere.

395.png

Empoleon@Leftovers
Calm; 252 HP, 252 Sp.Def, 6 Speed

Rest
Ice Beam
Sleep Talk
Grass Knot

Another starter, and it does its job very well. Countering specsmence is a major plus, and it’s a great special wall, too. Its steel typing gives it plenty of resistances and really only one special weakness (Ground and Fighting are traditionally physical attacks). ResTalk means it is the MAIN status absorber, too.

472.png

Gliscor@Leftovers
Impish; 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Speed

Roost
Knock Off
Aerial Ace
Earthquake

Bringing up the rear is Gliscor, the team’s physical wall. Such high defense paired with Roost means it will be around for a long time, as far as physical attacks are concerned. It counters Tyranitar, Metagross, and others, and its EQ resistance is nice.

I can't really find what's wrong with the team, but I'm sure you guys will.

Last edited:

nubinator

Banned
imo Empoleon should have 252 HP/ 252 Sp.Def/ 6 Spd.

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
Your Syarmie will love Expert Belt and Life Orb, especially the former.

Chaos Dragonite

Dragonite Master
Infernape electivire, and Empoleon are all toasted by earthquake and other ground type moves.

I'd substitue Empoleon for Milotic
Don't switch Infernape for Charizard since then you'd have 3 pokemon weak to electric then!

Note: My specialty is with types, not movepools. Sorry!

aquasuicune

Yes, electivire, infernape, and empoleon are weak to ground, but salamence and gliscor are immune to ground.

U DIE TONIGHT

don't be afraid
Starmie 172 Hp/120 Spatk/216 Spd I think are the standard EVs.

Yes they are.
And star needs recover to rapid spin effectively imo.

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
He'd better run defensive Starmie if only to stop Garchomp and Gyara. They make nice holes in his team.

Gliscor can't stand up to Ice Beam Tyranitar.

Electivire will like you. Dusknoir presents a problem for your team and it can hurt a lot too if it has Earthquake + Ice Punch.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
Thanks for the advice, I posted it late so I couldn't reply as fast as I would have liked.

Electivire will like you. Dusknoir presents a problem for your team and it can hurt a lot too if it has Earthquake + Ice Punch.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? And please, EQ + Ice Punch is rather situational. Dusk usually has fire/thunder punch/shadow sneak on its typical set.

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
Any suggestions on how to fix this? And please, EQ + Ice Punch is rather situational. Dusk usually has fire/thunder punch/shadow sneak on its typical set.

EQ is rather situational. And I'll admit Dusknoir can't switch safely into your SpecsMence. Answer: the addition of Heatran or Houndoom.

Last edited:

_Aerodactyl_

Skilled Trainer
Nice team and from the looks of it you got the EV's good :) As for Gliscor I'd replace Stealth Rock and replace it for Swords Dance.

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
Nice team and from the looks of it you got the EV's good As for Gliscor I'd replace Stealth Rock and replace it for Swords Dance.

The **** he should. SD Gliscor is simply an inferior Garchomp. I don't like Stealth Rock on his Gliscor either, but Knock Off would be a wiser choice.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
I can see some serious Swampert problems here. Therefore you may consider Grass Knot on Empoleon so you can beat it with some prediction.