• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

For those who have seen the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know not enough of you have....

Anyways, it appears that they are making a 2nd season.

[img139]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d46/JoelBurger/Haruhi2.jpg[/img139]

By george, there is a god. This almost makes up for the production of a 3rd Gundam Seed (god no). Almost.

Soul Dew

<----------ualelele
I wonder when it comes to the US.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Will it be as entertaining and worthwhile as the first season, or will it BUUUUURRRRRRRN along with the rest of sequels that should've never been attempted?

There is a lot of material to adapt from the novels, so if Kyoto Animation does yet another good adaption... well, I have high hopes for it. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is one of those series where it's hard to find people who don't at least enjoy it.

I wonder when it comes to the US.

When the series is licensed, which it already has had offers, but KyoAni is holding out for a larger sum of money. >_O

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Well, I suppose we can't expect much more than, say, twelve episode, so we might have the second novel covered, along with possibly the third with bits of later novels thrown in as the first season did.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to it. Over at NarutoForums it seems talk of them planning to possibly work on it in October, and in conjuncture with news, I have a bit of faith in it.

I don't see them focusing on Volume 2. It is pretty short and overall lacking in importance, and was pretty nicely summerized in the first episode of the first season.

The best combo I can think of at the moment is all of Volume 4 along with Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody (which would complete Volume 3, as well).

Clio

Meow
I need to finish watching the first series. Only more 4 episodes to go, though.

But if this really happens, it would be pretty cool. And the fourth novel is Disappearance, am I right? If it is, it would be kinda cool. At least in theory.

But, would they keep the crazy chronology for this second one?

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Mo Cuishle said:
But, would they keep the crazy chronology for this second one?
I hope they keep it in analogical order like the first one, that's what made the first season a little more fun than it already is.

Either way, this is a win. But this should've been posted in the Haruhi thread that's way past the first page. =0 That thread needs a bumping. =P

Last edited:
But if this really happens, it would be pretty cool. And the fourth novel is Disappearance, am I right? If it is, it would be kinda cool. At least in theory.
Yep, the fourth novel is The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, the one with Alternate Yuki and all that stuff.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Funny enough, this comes at a time where we might have an Evangelion prequel in the next few years...

... Ah well, it was too good to be true, though I would expect to eventually find another reason in the works.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
screw an Evangelion prequel. We need FLCL 2

For the people out there who invest their ungodly time into figuring out the details of the plot in Evangelion, it is like being given the Holy Grail. I shudder at a remake of the series and/or ending (unlikely to happen), a sequel/continuation from where the movie ended (besides it ending on the perfect note, the movie was just that, The End of Evangelion, and it's kind of hard to go on frm there), or some adaption of some romance manga adaption (please, there's already enough awful fan fiction). However, a prequel involving the older characters in the series, giving specific insight on the wars and whatnot after Second Impact, and most of all, the epic battle between Adam and Lilith (that would take the spot as the best fight in anime ever created if done right).

We need not to see a sequel to FLCL. Anymore and we'll have run out of creativity, there would have to be a focused plot so as a result a lot of the humor would be lost, and it ended on the perfect note as far as I'm concerned.

There needs to be more adapted material for TMoHS if Kyoto Animation can pull off what they did in the first season again, though.

Meh, I believe we saw all we needed to see of the past during NGE. We've pretty much seen the whole story and all it has to offer.

Of course, I guess I'm being hypocritical there, since FLCL's story has been pretty much told already as well.

Catalyst

Aim for the Top.
Better luck next time. ;]

Oh and uh, we should have a new anime of Angelic Days. But I've heard somewhere Anno is possibly making a third ending for the series. Way to ***** a franchise when both endings are acceptable.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Better luck next time. ;]

I honestly do forsee more material being adapted into a second season for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but the only question is really when? Though I'd be content with the ending that Kyoto Animation has given us, and I could only hope that the second season be as brilliantly conceived as the first.

Oh and uh, we should have a new anime of Angelic Days. But I've heard somewhere Anno is possibly making a third ending for the series. Way to ***** a franchise when both endings are acceptable.

Romance/Harem Manga Adaption into an Anime = Crap

(Unless Anno gets involved and pulls all of that artistic hoobla that he did in Evangelion.)

I assume that you're talking about the rumored four movies that have been around since... July, I think. There was talk about the first three being adaptions of sorts to sum up the series with a few added and redone scenes, and then the fourth and final one to serve as an alternate ending. If that happens, I'll just simply disown that collection of movies as it is just pulling off what Tomino did with Mobile Suit Gundam, and still treat the original works as the proper story of Evangelion. If they're adapting Sadamoto's manga adaption into animated form, though... I call mutiny over having those awful characterizations, loss of emotion, inconsistancies in plot, and overall trampling over the development of the origianl material being brought to moving pictures (I don't particuarly care for the manga, if ya didn't figure that out.)

What we're looking at is either a prequel (which I'm pulling for), an adaption of one of those romance manga (which I'll just laugh at), or a retelling in the form of four movies (which I'll disown, as I've already mentioned). Honestly, if it isn't a prequel, than I'd rather Gainax come out with another super-duper-ultra-deluxe-golden bar-metallic-nuclear war durable-orgasmic re-release if it's anything else.

The series ending of NGE acceptable?

Nevar.

The movie ending of NGE acceptable?

Hellz yah. (Which is why the only other Evangelion material that should be put out is some less-inspired manga adaptions and doujinshi, and some hit-or-miss fan fiction stories, save for a prequel of the anime.)

Edit: By the way, Franky, I approve of the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni addition to your signature. I prefer the impossible-to-accomplish facial expressions of Mion/Shion myself, but crazy laughter Rena works as well.

Last edited:

Double_Edge

Cool Lander
WHOO HOO!! More Haruhi!! YAAAY!!! More sun sun happy days!!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

I wonde rif they will start thei band. But like someone else said already, i hope it isnt one of those halfassed sequels. And whats wrong with Gundam seed stargazer?!? >=[

Status
Not open for further replies.