1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

For those who still watch the anime, how long do you think you'll be watching?

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by moneylesswario, Feb 5, 2013.

1. moneylesswario

moneylesswario Shudo's Powerhouses

We all know it won't end anytime soon, so how long do you think you'll be watching? Do you think will make it all the way to the end, if/when it does?

2. I'm honestly not sure how much longer I'll be watching. I don't think I will make it to the end, but it's not going to end for a long time. :D

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  3. Blazicken

Blazicken Sex on fire

Don't think i'll watch it anymore when 7th generation-anime is going to air.

4. Vegeta8639

Vegeta8639 Vegeta8639

I'll wait until gen VI anime starts and if it's bad I'll probably still watch it to the end and wait for gen VII.
    If gen VII is bad than I'm done until I hear people saying it got better or is going to end.

5. Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama Fancy footwork

I have no clue at all, but I do wonder about that from time to time.

6. HatersGonnaHate

HatersGonnaHate Throwing Shade

People who are still watching today will probably watch until it ends. There's a reason you're still watching, it's because you can't let go.

7. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

I'll keep watching it because I still enjoy it, I see no reason to "schedule" a stop.

8. moneylesswario

moneylesswario Shudo's Powerhouses

Well, maybe you (in general, not specifically) stop because of real life stuff (for example, job, marriage, college, tragic event, etc.).

As for me, I'll probably keep on watching, no matter what happens in the show, but more important things will get in the way eventually.

9. lmao

I definitely won't watch it until the end, even though people probably think I will~

10. An00bis

An00bis Wicked Witch

Best Wishes will be my last series.

My life's changed a lot since Generation V's started. I don't have a lot of free time anymore so I have to pick and choose my battles.

11. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

I've been watching for a long time but if they kept the current characters they have now into the next generation, then I'll finally call it a quits.

12. Jazzy-Strings

Jazzy-Strings Aggression

I don't really know, maybe until I go to Tokyo and tell the writers to rethink back to os and make the anime 10 times better

13. Platinum fan.

Platinum fan. Enlightenment

It really depends. I admit I am putting a lot on Gen VI/6's anime. Gen V is the first Pokemon anime I have no desire to watch from beginning to end, and if not for other Pokemon stuff like games and mangas I would have quit Pokemon in 2011. The anime feels done for me. Watching feels more like a chore then a pleasure. I'm only giving Gen VI a chance because of the game's trailer looks amazing but if Gen VI anime is like BW I will quit. If the anime has a final season I'll probably watch if only to see what becomes of certain characters that I like or if they are even mentioned, but only if they appear, if they don't I'll skip it. So it depends on Gen VI.

14. Bluelatios*

Bluelatios* Well-Known Member

It depends on what it means to stop watching. Sure, I don't always watch every Saturday morning like I used to, but I do make it a priority to see every episode within at least a week or two of it's airing. The show's been through so many memorable adventures and some nasty bumps too, but I mean, it's Pokemon. I grew up with it. It left memories on me that will last a lifetime. I'll keep watching, no matter what because its important to me. And if something really huge happens that I really like, such as seeing more favorite characters or voice actors, I'll probably go back to the good ol' Saturday mornings too ^_^!

15. Bananarama

Bananarama The light is coming

I only sporadically watch it. I don't think I will stop permanently anytime soon, though.

16. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

As much as i enjoy the show, i think it's time to finally stop.

If Generation 6 is a 'fresh start' with only Pikachu again, i'll watch the first few eps and stop. If Generation 6 is treated like Johto and Ash brings his older Pokemon i think i'll stay around and see how they treat the saga compared to Johto.

17. Akwakwak

Akwakwak Chu Chu Yeah!

I'll stop watching it when Ash goes back to Kanto, wins the league and faces the champion only to find out that the champion is in fact his father. Ash will beat his dad, become the new champion and everyone will be all happy, the end. And then when the credits are rolling the original theme song will play.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  18. For me it will more than likely end around gen 6 or 7, after watching how Unova was handeled I've lost respect. If gen 6 is nothing more than an Ash and Pikachu + new Pokemon the whole way through (not including filler arcs) then I'm done.

19. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

I agree with this 100%.

To me, Best Wishes has had some very high points, entertaining episodes and arcs, but for the most part it's been handled horribly.

20. Spin Attaxx

Spin Attaxx 2012-2013

So, just like every single gen of the animé, right?