• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

For what reasons is Koharu's Eevee unable to evolve?

Do you prefer Koharu's Eevee to have G-max or a new eeveelution?

• G-max

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • New Eeveelution

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters

desdar300

Ever since they bumped Vee up to secondary mascot status during the let's go half of Gen SM, I strongly feel that we're not going to be getting a new Eeveelution anytime soon and since Koahru is just taste testing various different things it's possible that she has a battle where she just gmaxes her Eevee once.

DuskAstral

Well the only two types that have not had an Eeveeloution yet are ghost & dragon
You're wrong. There are 18 types at the moment, of which we got to know 8 eeveelution (water, fire, electric, dark, psychic, ice, grass and fairy), which means that 10 eeveelution is missing, not two.

SatoSereFan224888

You're wrong. There are 18 types at the moment, of which we got to know 8 eeveelution (water, fire, electric, dark, psychic, ice, grass and fairy), which means that 10 eeveelution is missing, not two.
What else besides ghost & dragon am I forgetting?

SatoSereFan224888

You forgot the types: Bug, Fighting, Flying, Ground, Normal, Poison, Rock and Steel
I would exclude normal since that’s Eevee type. But honestly I don’t see how these types would work for an Eeveelution. The only plausible type I could see is maybe flying.

DuskAstral

But honestly I don’t see how these types would work for an Eeveelution.
I think maybe it could be done. I saw a few fanarts about eeveelution to these types and it turned out nicely, so the creators might be able to come up with something interesting.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I could picture a flying type Eevee evolution. It would symbolize that only sky's the limit or something or Chloe/Eevee getting their wings and becoming independent.

SatoSereFan224888

I could picture a flying type Eevee evolution. It would symbolize that only sky's the limit or something or Chloe/Eevee getting their wings and becoming independent.
You know what, now that you mention that, I think you make an excellent point. That's why I had to like your comment. That would make complete sense.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Eeveelutions' types matches the old "special" types:

Special: Grass, Water, Fire, Electric, Ice, Psychic, Dark, Dragon (8 types)
Physical: Normal, Fighting, Ghost, Rock, Ground, Flying, Bug, Poison, Steel (9 types)

Fairy probably belongs to the Special category too given its characteristics, making both categories even in numbers. Therefore Dragon is probably the next and last Eeveelution.

ShadowForce720

Eeveelutions' types matches the old "special" types:

Special: Grass, Water, Fire, Electric, Ice, Psychic, Dark, Dragon (8 types)
Physical: Normal, Fighting, Ghost, Rock, Ground, Flying, Bug, Poison, Steel (9 types)

Fairy probably belongs to the Special category too given its characteristics, making both categories even in numbers. Therefore Dragon is probably the next and last Eeveelution.
Considering how marketable Eevee and its evolutions are I highly doubt that just because all the current Eeveelutions have been in the special category that it somehow means we can’t get one in the physical category.

As long as there are still types that haven’t been used for an Eeveelution then there will remain the possibility of them eventually introducing Eeveelutions for those types.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Considering how marketable Eevee and its evolutions are I highly doubt that just because all the current Eeveelutions have been in the special category that it somehow means we can’t get one in the physical category.

As long as there are still types that haven’t been used for an Eeveelution then there will remain the possibility of them eventually introducing Eeveelutions for those types.
Sure, hopefully you'll see Rockeon in 2045. Gen 14 baby!

ShadowForce720

Sure, hopefully you'll see Rockeon in 2045. Gen 14 baby!
A new Eeveelution could for a physical type could happen whenever we get a new Eeveelution.

For instance let’s say gen 9 introduces a new Eeveelution its possible that it could be one of the other types instead of Dragon that gets used or we could get multiple Eeveelutions introduced.

As let’s not forget the fact that new Eeveelutions use to be introduced in pairs of 2 and in even generations, but this obviously changed with gens 6&8.

Heck I wouldn’t be that surprised if we actually wind up getting 2-3 new Eeveelutions introduced in gen 9.

Really it’s up in the air which types they will pick for the gen 9 Eeveelution(/s) if a new one gets introduced during gen 9.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I would exclude normal since that’s Eevee type. But honestly I don’t see how these types would work for an Eeveelution. The only plausible type I could see is maybe flying.
Wasn’t Umbreon supposed to be Poison but was changed to have a Dark type because there needed to be more of the typing in Gen II?

ShadowForce720

Why did they wait over 2 generations to bring it in?
Not really sure, although if you look at the beta for Gold & Silver there seemed to also be some early designs for Lickilicky, Tangrowth, and Mime Jr. that were eventually moved forward to gen 4and redesigned into the designs we eventually saw.

Although it’s interesting to think that we could have had 3 Eeveelutions introduced in gen 2 instead of just 2.

Perhaps the reason why Leafeon got moved out of gen 2 was because it wound up being decided that Umbreon would be a Dark type instead of a Poison type meaning it would no longer have a type advantage over Leafeon.

I mean if you think about if Umbreon had stayed a Poison type then it would have had a type advantage over Leafeon while Espeon would have a type advantage over Umbreon.