• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

For what reasons is Koharu's Eevee unable to evolve?

Do you prefer Koharu's Eevee to have G-max or a new eeveelution?

• G-max

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • New Eeveelution

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
OH MY GOODNESS! <3 This is super cute! <333

april-hillman-beevee-final.jpg
OMG! I wanna buy a stuffed animal version of this.

Um…For my kids. Not for me. It’s definitely for my kids.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I used to think that they were preparing it for G-Max, however I honestly don’t see how that would benefit Chloe’s character arc at this point. I have therefore chosen a new eeveelution, however at this point it really wouldn’t surprise me if they finish JN with it still as an Eevee..

Unless it turns out this story arc was all just the beginning for her as she’s becoming the female protag for the next region, in which case yeah, definite Eeveelution.

desdar300

The last thing I'm banking on as a new Eeveelution happening ATM.

Especially with how they keep pushing it as a equivalent to Pikachu now.
I used to think that they were preparing it for G-Max, however I honestly don’t see how that would benefit Chloe’s character arc at this point. I have therefore chosen a new eeveelution, however at this point it really wouldn’t surprise me if they finish JN with it still as an Eevee..

Unless it turns out this story arc was all just the beginning for her as she’s becoming the female protag for the next region, in which case yeah, definite Eeveelution.
I'm not really sure what they're going for TBH.

I think at this point she's just the Eevee girl and that's just our only qouta.

I do find a suspect that Max Eevee hasn't popped tet

ShadowForce720

Honestly there should be a "stay as a evee" Option. I genuinely think that's the reason. Evee is marketable. That's all there is to it
Except there really emphasizing the Eeveelutions this time around. So in all honesty it’s more likely that Chloe’s Eevee will evolve into a new Eeveelution.

Especially when you look at the language they used in its arc.

Also there would be no point in a stay as it as an Eevee option considering they could just have made it a Gigantamax Eevee to if they didn’t want it to evolve as Gigantamax is not a permanent form change.

Gingertail24

Except there really emphasizing the Eeveelutions this time around. So in all honesty it’s more likely that Chloe’s Eevee will evolve into a new Eeveelution.

Also there would be no point in a stay as it as an Eevee option considering they could just have made it a Gigantamax Eevee to if they didn’t want it to evolve as Gigantamax is not a permanent form change.
I get your point but gigatimax would serve no purpose for Chloe. She isn't a battler.

The new eveelution is possible, but why this late into the series?

ShadowForce720

I get your point but gigatimax would serve no purpose for Chloe. She isn't a battler.

The new eveelution is possible, but why this late into the series?
Because Eeveelution would be a gen 9 mon that gets introduced in Scarlet & Violet so it would make sense that they would hold it off on evolving Chloe’s Eevee into it close to when Scarlet & Violet came out.

Also although they are going the Gigantamax route not being a battler doesn’t really prevent a characters Pokémon from Gigantamaxing.

Heck look at Team Rocket Trio’s Meowth he isn’t really a battler but that didn’t prevent him from getting Gigantamax. Heck they could even just have Chloe’s Eevee accidentally get Gmax.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

I don't believe that Gen 9 will introduce a new one and I don't believe that Koharu will get it if there is one unless she returns in Gen 9, whether as a main character or as a recurring guest character.

ShadowForce720

I don't believe that Gen 9 will introduce a new one and I don't believe that Koharu will get it if there is one unless she returns in Gen 9, whether as a main character or as a recurring guest character.
Some people didn’t believe that they would give standard evolutions to past gen mon again and that it would only be regional variants of past gens mons that could get new cross gen evolutions yet Legends Arceus turned around and introduced standard evolutions for Scyther, Ursaring, and Stantler.

So saying you don’t believe it doesn’t mean much.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Some people didn’t believe that they would give standard evolutions to past gen mon again and that it would only be regional variants of past gens mons that could get new cross gen evolutions yet Legends Arceus turned around and introduced standard evolutions for Scyther, Ursaring, and Stantler.

So saying you don’t believe it doesn’t mean much.
They've lately pushed all the marketing onto Eevee itself and are building it up as a counterpart to Pikachu. And unless they add a brand new type I'm not expecting an Eeveelution to be added.

ShadowForce720

They've lately pushed all the marketing onto Eevee itself and are building it up as a counterpart to Pikachu. And unless they add a brand new type I'm not expecting an Eeveelution to be added.
They are emphasizing the Eeveelutions in the anime and if you look at the language and Chloe’s Eevee’s arc it leans more towards it evolving into a new Eeveelution.

Plus there doesn’t have to be a new type introduced in gen 9 for their to be a new Eeveelution. Heck just look at gen 4 it introduced two new Eeveelutions that used existing types without introducing a new type.

DuskAstral

There's another reason why I don't want Eevee to be in the G-max form, which is that this trick is just redundant. Except for G-max Charizard, the rest of the Pokémon with the G-max form are shown for demonstration only, and that's it (even G-max Pikachu and G-max Gengar were shown only twice, despite being Satoshi's Pokémon).

Therefore, I prefer a new eeveelution (possibly to stay as it is).

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC

It's just a way to give Eevee moves from her evolutions, if she is indeed storing the moves she copies
Kind of a mix of Copycat, Sketch and LGPE moves

ShadowForce720

It's just a way to give Eevee moves from her evolutions, if she is indeed storing the moves she copies
Kind of a mix of Copycat, Sketch and LGPE moves
Not really, as it wouldn’t be necessary to specifically say that Eevee has 8 confirmed evolutions which would imply that there could be more.

It also wouldn’t be necessary to say that and highlight it not being able to evolve because it’s unsure of what path it wants to take as a reason for why it can’t evolve.

Heck they even treat the Eeveelutions as possible paths that Eevee could take.

So looking at Chloe’s Eevee arc and the specific language used the most likely outcome and the option that makes the most sense is that it will wind up evolving into a new Eeveelution.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They are emphasizing the Eeveelutions in the anime and if you look at the language and Chloe’s Eevee’s arc it leans more towards it evolving into a new Eeveelution.

Plus there doesn’t have to be a new type introduced in gen 9 for their to be a new Eeveelution. Heck just look at gen 4 it introduced two new Eeveelutions that used existing types without introducing a new type.
That hasn't happened since Gen 4. Since then only one new Eeveelution has been introduced, that being Sylveon, which was only created the then-new Fairy type. Especially recently when the marketing was shifted off the Eeveelutions and onto Eevee itself, making into a secondary mascot role and counterpart to Pikachu. Eevee got its own signature Z-Move and G-Max form, along with being one of the stars of LGPE.