• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

For what reasons is Koharu's Eevee unable to evolve?

Do you prefer Koharu's Eevee to have G-max or a new eeveelution?

• G-max

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • New Eeveelution

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters

ShadowForce720

That hasn't happened since Gen 4. Since then only one new Eeveelution has been introduced, that being Sylveon, which was only created the then-new Fairy type. Especially recently when the marketing was shifted off the Eeveelutions and onto Eevee itself, making into a secondary mascot role and counterpart to Pikachu. Eevee got its own signature Z-Move and G-Max form, along with being one of the stars of LGPE.
And standard cross gen evolutions outside of Eevee hadn’t happened since gen 4 and yet that didn’t prevent gen 8 from reintroducing cross gen evolutions outside of Eevee.

Similarly there hadn’t been a case of an existing legendary trio receiving a new member in a later gen since gen 4 and yet that didn’t prevent gen 8 from introducing new members to the Regis and the forces of nature.

Plus Eeveelution is still a still a focus on Eevee, just because Eevee has been getting more attention lately doesn’t prevent it from getting a new Eeveelution.

Plus considering that Eeveelutions tend to be marketable introducing a new one or two is a good way to hype up Eevee even more.

Gingertail24

Not really, as it wouldn’t be necessary to specifically say that Eevee has 8 confirmed evolutions which would imply that there could be more.

It also wouldn’t be necessary to say that and highlight it not being able to evolve because it’s unsure of what path it wants to take as a reason for why it can’t evolve.

Heck they even treat the Eeveelutions as possible paths that Eevee could take.

So looking at Chloe’s Eevee arc and the specific language used the most likely outcome and the option that makes the most sense is that it will wind up evolving into a new Eeveelution.
A new eveelution? Where the series is about to end? I feel the most likely path is evee staying the way it is. It's basically the secondary mascot

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
A new eveelution? Where the series is about to end? I feel the most likely path is evee staying the way it is. It's basically the secondary mascot
I'm not even believing that Koharu will even get a new Eeveelution unless the intent is to have her carry over into the Gen 9 anime.

Gingertail24

I'm not even believing that Koharu will even get a new Eeveelution unless the intent is to have her carry over into the Gen 9 anime.
Yeah, that's my point. Unless she is carrying over the new region. There is no point of giving her a new eveelution this late into the series. Especially when she appears once in every 10 or so episodes

ShadowForce720

Actually no, it staying an Eevee is the least likely path. Especially when you look at the language they use and the emphasis on the Eeveelutions.

They didn’t have to say there was 8 confirmed Eeveelutions, as they could have just left the word confirmed out.

They didn’t have to come up with the reason that Chloe’s Eevee couldn’t evolve because it was unsure of what path to take.

They didn’t have to describe the Eeveelutions as potentially paths.

However the fact that they went out of their way to do all this would suggest and imply and make it more likely that Chloe’s Eevee is going to evolve into a new Eeveelution.

Gingertail24

Actually no, it staying an Eevee is the least likely path. Especially when you look at the language they use and the emphasis on the Eeveelutions.

They didn’t have to say there was 8 confirmed Eeveelutions, as they could have just left the word confirmed out.

They didn’t have to come up with the reason that Chloe’s Eevee couldn’t evolve because it was unsure of what path to take.

They didn’t have to describe the Eeveelutions as potentially paths.

However the fact that they went out of their way to do all this would suggest and imply and make it more likely that Chloe’s Eevee is going to evolve into a new Eeveelution.
They have emphasized eveelution in the past before when depiction of evee. Didn't they do that with Virgil evee?

That's evee whole gimmick, multiple evolutions. Ofc there gonna emphasize it. The eveelution was just to mirror Chloe, cause no other pokemon can display that as well as evee. And like I said, why this late in the series?

I don't think your wrong btw. As I genuinely am baffled at where they are taking Chloe. You do make a good point with the whole eveelution thing. As they didn't really do that with XY or Lana evee (idk about may, Gary, or any other evee shown). I just feel why wait this long?

ShadowForce720

They have emphasized eveelution in the past before when depiction of evee. Didn't they do that with Virgil evee?

That's evee whole gimmick, multiple evolutions. Ofc there gonna emphasize it. The eveelution was just to mirror Chloe, cause no other pokemon can display that as well as evee. And like I said, why this late in the series?

I don't think your wrong btw. As I genuinely am baffled at where they are taking Chloe. You do make a good point with the whole eveelution thing. As they didn't really do that with XY or Lana evee (idk about may, Gary, or any other evee shown). I just feel why wait this long?
Because Scarlet & Violet weren’t going to come out until later this year. If Scarlet & Violet are going to introduce a new Eeveelution that Chloe’s Eevee is going to evolve into it makes more sense to have it evolve during the marketing and reveal later for Scarlet & Violet then having Chloe’s Eevee evolve into the new Eeveelution when the next set of games that were coming out.

Look if if were talking about Chloe’s Eevee evolving into one of the existing Eeveelutions then it would seem kind of weird to put it off.

However when it comes to a new Eeveelution it doesn’t it makes sense to have it be revealed when the main series games that it’s going to be in aren’t the next ones coming out.

For instance think how it would look if Chloe’s Eevee evolved into a new Eeveelution that wasn’t going to be introduced in the games until Scarlet & Violet during the cycles when they were focus on releasing the expansion pass, BDSP, and/or Legends Arceus.

So why wait this long to evolve Chloe’s Eevee into the new Eeveelution that would be introduced in Scarlet & Violet? It’s simple they were waiting for the promotion cycle of Scarlet & Violet to start so they could tie its reveal into those games, in which case they had no choice to but wait for this late in the series.

Plus it wouldn’t be the first time that a new Eeveelution was revealed during the marketing cycle for a new game just look at Sylveon.

Also while not an Eeveelution they revealed Dusk Lycanroc during the marketing cycle of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and had Ash’s Rockruff evolve into it around the same time it was revealed.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Because Scarlet & Violet weren’t going to come out until later this year. If Scarlet & Violet are going to introduce a new Eeveelution that Chloe’s Eevee is going to evolve into it makes more sense to have it evolve during the marketing and reveal later for Scarlet & Violet then having Chloe’s Eevee evolve into the new Eeveelution when the next set of games that were coming out.

Look if if were talking about Chloe’s Eevee evolving into one of the existing Eeveelutions then it would seem kind of weird to put it off.

However when it comes to a new Eeveelution it doesn’t it makes sense to have it be revealed when the main series games that it’s going to be in aren’t the next ones coming out.

For instance think how it would look if Chloe’s Eevee evolved into a new Eeveelution that wasn’t going to be introduced in the games until Scarlet & Violet during the cycles when they were focus on releasing the expansion pass, BDSP, and/or Legends Arceus.

So why wait this long to evolve Chloe’s Eevee into the new Eeveelution that would be introduced in Scarlet & Violet? It’s simple they were waiting for the promotion cycle of Scarlet & Violet to start so they could tie its reveal into those games, in which case they had no choice to but wait for this late in the series.

Plus it wouldn’t be the first time that a new Eeveelution was revealed during the marketing cycle for a new game just look at Sylveon.

Also while not an Eeveelution they revealed Dusk Lycanroc during the marketing cycle of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and had Ash’s Rockruff evolve into it around the same time it was revealed.
Since this is a new gen I'm not expecting that unless Koharu is intended to be carried over into the Gen 9 anime.

Gingertail24

But my thing is, why not just have a character have an evee and it's new evolution in gen 9. The Sylveon and lycanroc thing doesn't work because they were shown early in the series. They didn't wait till the league for rockruff to evolve. And they showed Sylveon in the first few episodes of XY with the kindergarten teacher that had one. It just feels weird to be like "hey kids Chloe has an new eveelution, buuut she isn't going to be in the new anime so wave goodbye"

You might respond with them Chloe is gonna be in the new anime. But I doubt that. If she was like Brock where she was a prominent member of the cast, sure. But she is clearly a secondary character.

But like I said, no idea where they are taking Chloe. It was clear she wasn't gonna do contest due to limited amount of episode left. So all we can do is wait till November. Heck maybe august. That should be when they start releasing more info on the games I think. But I genuinely could be wrong. I see the chances of Chloe having a new evee more than low so sure

Last edited:

Mew29240

Come to think of it, we haven't seen what Chloe's Eevee's Ability is yet. Maybe her inability to evolve is due to that?

For the most part, Abiities usually don't matter. However, it's not like it would be the first time the anime gives a Pokemon a different Ability for its species that certain ones get in a later game (referencing Ash's Rockruff and Greninja having Own Tempo and Battlebond, respectively).