• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

For White Treehollow, suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StompPikachus

I'm about to start area 5 in the Treehollow, and I realized that my sixth to this point has been my HM slave Tropius. And we all know he's not gonna cut it in this place (no pun intended). Not interested in natures or EVs, can't breed, and can't trade. I also tend to prefer accuracy (like Surf > Hydro Pump) and versatility (like Expert Belt/Muscle Band > choice items) over raw power, but I'm open to suggestions if I really need the extra power.

Here are my homies at this point:

;121; Starmie @ Expert Belt
(happens to be Modest)
- Surf
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Decently fast and the belt ratchets the power up a bit, given the coverage. I've been debating whether to remove either Surf or Psychic in favor of either Thunder Wave or Recover, but I think I like the coverage and dual STAB so far.

;089; Muk @ Black Sludge
- Poison Jab
- Payback
- Fire Punch
- Rock Slide

Sponges special hits. Poison Jab chosen over Gunk Shot for reliability and PP. Payback for ghosts, since I don't cover them otherwise (not counting Golurk if I use it) and Muk pretty much always goes last. I don't have access to Curse.

:637: Volcarona @ Silver Powder
- Will-o-Wisp
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz

Thing's a beast. WoW buys me some opportunities to Dance up and helps get kills. Any suggestions for items? Didn't wanna use Life Orb since I can't heal that often.

;130; Gyarados @ Rocky Helmet
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Gyarados is pretty self explanatory. I figure he can at the very least put huge holes in Benga's team for me, especially if I can get up a Dance or two. I gave it Rocky Helmet because I figure it'll be taking some contact hits, but open to change the item.

Rotom Mow @ Leftovers
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave

I've been using Volt Switch to get out of dodge after the SpAtk drop from Leaf Storm (I play "Set" battle style) while still doing some damage. I've found Leaf Storm very helpful for covering ground/water types. Like I said above, I'm considering using Starmie for a faster TWave, but not sure I wanna sacrifice coverage there.

Now for the sixth, I vacillated between Claydol, Excadrill, Metagross, Krookodile, and Golurk. I wanted a ground type mainly to switch into electric attacks so I can keep Starmie and Gyara alive without sacrificing Volcarona, Muk, or Rotom. Decided on Golurk because of its immunities and not being weak to ground.

:623: Golurk @ [item]
Iron Fist
- Shadow Punch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch

Stone Edge for Benga's Dragonite, Iria's Salamence, and other combo-flying types. I chose Drain Punch over Brick Break or Hammer Arm to regain some HP if necessary between healings.

Any suggestions appreciated, especially replacing Golurk. I'm fairly attached to the others, but I'm open to criticism and changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.