• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Forever Bonded

Inspired by Kalos Adventurer's Destinies United.

Before I begin the story, here are some differences between FB and the anime:

-Brock's mom is dead, the Chronicles episode that showed her alive did NOT happen. In fact, many of the Chronicles episodes didn't happen.

-Misty and Brock never left after the Orange Islands, they stayed together forever.

-The characters of May, Dawn, Max, Iris, Cilan, Trip, Tobias, Tyson, Paul, Stephan, Cameron, etc. don't exist. Clemont and Bonnie exist but don't travel with them. Serena exists but is different from the anime.

-A Poached Ego happened, but Arbok and Weezing came back. Victreebel also came back on-screen.

-Gary never became a researcher, he went along the same path as Ash so that he won't have to leech off his family name.

-Ash won the Hoenn league, Gary won the Sinnoh league. They both went to Unova to see who would break the tie, but.... (explained in the story)

-Ash has all his Pokemon in the anime, in addition to Marshtomp, Torchic, and Piplup. This means that he has all three starters from each region. Cyndaquil did not evolve. He does not own Roggenrola or Buizel, he still has Aipom.

-TR still got their promotion and still do badass things, but they aren't totally goofy), and Jigglypuff never stopped chasing the twerps.

-Misty has her original team, plus Surskit, Buizel, Piplup, Alomomola, Shellos, and many other water types. In addition, Togepi evolved into Togetic in Hoenn but never left, then evolved into Togekiss.

-Ash has all his released Pokemon except for Butterfree.

-Brock has Roggenrola, Cranidos, Lileep, Tirtouga, Archen, Vulpix, Swablu, Eevee, Zweilous, and an unseen Pokemon.

-The TR VS TP 2 parter happened.

-Ash is 13, so is Gary and Misty, Brock is 17.

I think that's about it. Now for the story.

###

Ch. 1: A Share of New Experiences!

The Unova league had no winner.

That was because Team Plasma interrupted it during Ash and Gary's final match, and they had barely even started. The two of them along with Misty and Brock worked together to stop the misguided N, Colress, Angie, and the despicable Ghetsis. In addition to that, they had to stop Team Rocket as well, and not only the trio. After it was all over, N flew away on Zekrom, promising they'd meet again.

So Ash, Misty, Brock and Gary headed back to Kanto on an airplane. It took a few hours, but they eventually got to Pallet Town. Ash ran towards his house, eager to see his mom.

"Looks like Ash can't wait to see his mom." Brock said.

"Can you blame him?" Asked Misty.

Delia , Professor Oak, and Tracey came out.

"Ash sweetie!" Delia cried, hugging him.

"Mom! Not in front of them..." Ash moaned, and the rest of them laughed.

"So Ash! How was Unova?" Asked Professor Oak.

"It was great!" Ash answered.

"Who won the league?" Asked Tracey. He didn't watch the Unova league on TV.

"Nobody, it got cut short, so there was no winner." Brock cut in.

"Pika."

"We all know I would have won!" Cackled a voice from behind. In all the commotion, they had completely forgotten about him. It was Gary.

"Gary!" His grandpa said. "How many Pokemon have you caught now?"

"I caught over 460." He smirked, shocking them. Before they could respond, he said, "I'm off to Kalos! Smell ya later!" He left.

"Kalos? Huh?" Asked Ash.

"It's a new region, not too far from here. Not many new Pokemon have been discovered yet, it's mainly consisted of Pokemon from the regions you've been too, but more and more are being discovered!" Professor Oak answered.

Delia looked sad that her son was leaving again, but forced a smile. "Food's ready!"

After lunch, Ash headed off the door.

"Wait, don't forget your clean underwear!" Delia reminded him.

"Mom! I'm 13!" He shouted. Everyone laughed at him.

###

The boat ride to Kalos hadn't taken more than a few hours, and Ash and his friends got off the boat.

"Well, guys ready to take on Kalos?" Ash asked. Pikachu, Togetic, Azurill, Misty and Brock all nodded in affirmative.

"Okay, let's go!"

"Pika!"

"Ash, wait up!" They all yelled.

###

"This is Luminose City,", Brock was explaining to his friends. "It's where new trainers start off."

Lumiose City was a beautiful place, with the highlight of the location being the Prism Tower, which also doubled as a gym.

"I remember when I was a starting trainer in Pallet Town." Ash reminisced. "It's how I ended up with Pikachu."

"Pikachu!"

Brock held out a map and led them to the lab, where a blonde around Ash's age was given a Poke Ball by a black-haired man in a suit. A lone Poke Ball sat on one of the three slots of a machine.

"Thanks for the Froakie, Professor Sycamore. I'll take good care of it," the blonde said to him, tossing the Poke Ball into the air. Out came a blue frog Pokemon with white soap-like bubbles around its neck.

"It's my pleasure. I know you really wanted Fennekin, but Calem was here before you. If you had come any later, there would have been nothing left." the professor explained.

Serena frowned. Calem was always ahead of her!

"Protective bubbles? That's so cool!" Misty gushed, referring to Froakie. This got their attention.

"They're frubbles," Brock explained, and Ash laughed at Misty.

"It's not like you knew that, either." Brock turned to him and shut him up instantly.

"Hello there. You three must be Misty, Brock, and Ash. Professor Oak told me all about you." Professor Sycamore greeted.

"Nice to meet you!" Misty responded in kind.

"Are one of you in the mood for a battle?" Serena asked.

Pikachu jumped off of Ash's shoulder and said its name a couple of times.

"I couldn't agree more with Pikachu!" Ash shouted.

"Okay, but don't be surprised when Froakie and I beat you." Serena said cockily.

###

"The battle between Ash of Pallet Town and Serena of Vaniville Town is about to get underway!" Professor Sycamore was the referee.

"Don't hold back!" Serena cried, her Froakie jumping in front of her.

Ash smiled. "You heard her."

"I don't like that look..." Misty commented.

"Ash, stop!" Brock shouted, as he commanded a Thunderbolt.

Before anyone else could do a thing, Pikachu let out a large blast of electricity that went through the frubbles that Froakie threw and shocked it, knocking it out cold.

Serena was flabbergasted as the professor announced the obvious result. "Serena is unable to battle, the winner is Ash, from Pallet Town!"

Misty and Brock frowned at Ash and Pikachu, who both laughed nervously. Meanwhile, the Kalos trainer recalled her Pokemon in shock. Brock came to her.

"You shouldn't be ashamed." He said. "Ash has been traveling for about three years now. Also, he was just as inexperienced as you are now, if not moreso."

"Hey!" Complained Ash, but Misty stepped on his foot.

"It was only through practice, time, work, and most of all love and trust for his Pokemon that he got where he is now. Ash used to lose quite a lot - in fact, I beat him in no less than ten seconds - and now look! Maybe you could challenge us again when you have at least one badge." Brock suggested, and Serena cheered up a little.

"Thanks for your advice," Professor Sycamore told Brock. "It's never easy for a beginner to lose their first battle."

"Of course not, Ash can tell you that first hand." Misty smirked at him.

Ash raised his fist. "First hand to your face, maybe."

"Ready to see what Kalos has to offer?" Brock interrupted.

"Only if Ash promises never to do that again." Misty said.

"Do what?" Ash asked, and they both stepped on his foot. "Okay!"

###

"The twerp's in Kalos too." A voice said from behind some bushes.

"Let's grab that Pikachu and give him to the boss!" Jessie suggested.

"Did you see what he did to those three?" James asked.

"Yeah, so?" Jessie asked sharply.

"You remember Casey, right?" James looked at them.

"James, ya got five...wait, are you saying we could get that blonde twerp on our side, make her better, and then conquer da twerps with her help?" Meowth looked intrigued.

"They won't even know they've been suckered until it's too late...they're in a whole region of trouble! We'll take Kalos faster than the speed of light!" Jessie laughed maniacally.

"They'd better be prepared for a fight." James smirked.

"Meowth, dat's right!"

The Scratch Cat got slapped by his two friends.

###

Serena and Froakie had just arrived at Santalune City, where the first gym was located. Viola's Pokemon were apparently of the Bug type, which meant that Froakie wouldn't have had a hard time. She still decided to do some training.

Without warning, Froakie turned around and tossed frubbles above Serena. They zoomed towards Fletchling, who swerved around them and prepared to peck Froakie.

"Froakie, jump and use Bubble!" its trainer yelled out, as it jumped over the Fletchling, who ran away.

Serena groaned. How was she going to beat Calem like this?

"Your Froakie couldn't even take on a Magikarp." said a weird voice from behind them, laughing.

The three friends turned around to see who said that. They saw three people in white plain jumpsuits. One had long magenta hair, the other had blue hair in a ponytail, and the third one was noticeably shorter than the other two. He wore a straw hat.

"Take that back!" the blonde cried.

"Try and beat us in a battle, and maybe we will," the woman taunted. "And just to be fair, you can heal your Pokemon and rechallenge us as much as you want until you win."

The short man rubbed his hands together. "That's fine with me. One of you go first."

"Froakie, show them who's boss!"

Froakie croaked at them threateningly.

The woman stepped up and sent out a purple snake Pokemon with a pattern on its body. Serena stepped back in fear, but Froakie didn't back down.

'Why should I be afraid? Froakie isn't...' Serena thought. "Froakie, use Pound!"

Her Pokemon ran towards the snake and prepared to smack it with its paw.

"Arbok, wrap this up!" she shouted, as her Pokemon slithered on the ground and wrapped itself around Froakie, stopping it in its tracks. It squeezed it, then slammed it to the ground, finishing it off.

"Like I said." Arbok's trainer recalled it. "Too weak."

"Calem's probably at the second gym by now..." Serena said to herself.

The shortest one of the trio laughed at her. "She's even weaker than Calem is!"

Serena turned pale. They must have came across him at some point, which is how they would know she was weaker.

"You're always welcome to come back another time!" the blue-haired guy said, lifting up Froakie and placing it in Serena's arms.

###

After many more trips to the Pokemon Center, and losses to them and their powerful Pokemon, Froakie decided it had enough and tossed some of its frubbles at the short man.

The small guy roared, as his two companions held him back.

"What's he saying?" they asked him.

"It says, 'Attack me, not the trainer. I'm the one who lost. Next time, I'll win!'" the smallest trio member translated.

"If you can't beat us, you can't beat Viola." the blue-haired man told the girl.

That struck a chord with them. They rushed to the Pokemon Center to heal Froakie again, before coming back to find the terrible trio gone. They went back to the previous route to train, but they were too strong for most of the wild Pokemon, so they just trained with each other for a while. They then went back to Santalune City to take on the gym.

###

"Who's Calem?" Jessie asked from behind a tree.

"Beats me." Meowth responded.

###

"We made it!" Ash cried, taking in the sight of Santalune City. "Now for..." He yawned, and so did Brock and Misty.

"I think I'll take a rest here..." Misty said, curling up beside a tree.

"Me too..." Brock positioned herself next to her.

"That's fine, I'll take on the gym...after I get some rest..." Ash was knocked out instantly.

"Pikaaaaa..."

"Jiggly!"

###

Trivia:

The title is a pun on the Exp. Share item.