1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Forging Forest Friendships! (841)

Discussion in 'Pokémon the Series: XY' started by Serebii, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

The Trevenant from the Wriggling Forest!

While training for the Shalour City Gym battle, Hawlucha and Froakie start to be at odds, and can't seem to work in sync, and end up fighting in the battle. Ash is eager to change this so suggest a special combo to train them and help them learn to work together. However, when the training begins, despite not going smoothly, progress is made until Ash is grabbed and dragged into the forest by something, leaving it up to Hawlucha and Froakie to find & rescue him. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

Time for the Reverent to arrive!

- The episode starts with.. a beautiful waterfall!
    - Froakie is training the new move! :D
    - A log falls down the waterfall and appears to fall upon Pikachu, Froakie literally saves the day with the new move! CUT! xD
    - This reminds Ash of when he first met Froakie when it saved Pikachu.
    - Clemont has an idea.. Probably about the training battle

Opening is over, surprisingly, Clemont is on the title card!

- Here comes Chespin and Buneary vs. Froakie and Hawlucha! DOUBLE BATTLE TIME!! xD
    - Lol, Hawlucha forces a fistbump with Froakie, who's lost.. xD
    - And of course when the battle is about to start, the stream breaks! :D
    - Just in time to see Hawlucha whacking Buneary.. It didn't faint though.
    - What's up with Froakie here?
    - Froakie saves Hawlucha with Water Pulse, Hawlucha is annoyed by Froakie stealing the limelight..
    - Froakie actually dodges Chespin's Pin Missile in such a way that it results in hitting Buneary.
    - Hawlucha is annoyed to the point of attacking Froakie instead. Don't steal my fights bro!
    - Ash intervenes their clash.
    - Ash forces them to make up, but Froakie refuses to shake hands with Hawlucha (who begrudgingly extended his hand though)
    - Ash suggests the Super Flying Cut combo.. Hawlucha is all for it.
    - Back to the group, feeding time. Serena's Poffin has been stolen.. All pokemon shake their heads except Chespin.. Oh boy...
    - Was it Chespin eating the food? Chespin couldn't hold the lie and exploded in shame/guilt.. Didn't we have an episode about this already? :S
    - Ash starts his training.. It fails and both pokemon collide and start bickering again..
    - And both pokemon are hungry, Ash gives them some berries so they're okay now.
    - Meanwhile, Trevenant lurks in the woods..
    - Ash gets Vine Whipped.. Somehow, I guess this is meant to be Forest's Curse..
    - The group follows him, Clemont's Chespin and Serena's Fennekin are used to save Pikachu from the sentient roots.. :S
    - Ash is cornered.. And Trevenant uses Confuse Ray! Also known as Sleep Ray!
    - Hawlucha and Froakie arrive just when Ash is being taken away, but get caught by sentient roots.
    - Clemont comes up with a plan!

BREAK!!!
    - We move back to Hawlucha and Froakie.. Ignoring each other until they drop to the floor..
    - They find Ash's cap! Froakie has a flashback.. He wants to find Ash! He gives Hawlucha the cap and the fistbump!
    - Ash finds the time to dex Trevenant.. -.-
    - Now he's annoyed.. -.-
    - Froakie and Ashlucha follow in Naruto style.. It's Naruto and Sasuke vs. Hidden Mist Ninja's all over again! xD
    - Trevant wants to use Shadow Claw on Hawlucha but Froakie covers for him with Bubble.
    - Ash is saved!
    - Super Flying Cut fails because Froakie couldn't get on Hawlucha's back. Froakie slams into Trevenant.
    - Treveant shoots a WilloWisp at the Pokemon, then Ash takes a hit to block a second!
    - Stare down!
    - Trevenant does the "Come hither"..
    - Momentary streambreak.. :D
    - There's a cage filled with Bonsly and Sudowooodo that need saving..
    - Clemont, Pikachu and the others show up and Pikachu uses Iron Tail to break the cage.. The Rock-types are saved!
    - But lo and behold! Team Rocket were the ones who captured them! Now they captured Pikachu in stead..
    - To be fair, they simply caught wild pokemon.. What's Ash's deal here? Aside from the Pikachu thing
    - Here's the battle, Pumpkaboo and Inkay.
    - Frubble on Pumpkaboo, Flying Press doesn't work on the Pumpkin.
    - But Water Pulse sure does! xD
    - Hawlucha: I was awesome! Froakie: "Dude, it was nothing.. "
    - Super Flying Cut worked against Inkay, looked impressive..
    - Sentient Roots steals the remote for the cage and Trevenant whacked the remote with Wood Hammer.
    - Team Rocket sneaks away and Pikachu T-bolts them!
    - The two major players rejoice, fistbump and Hawlucha is proud..
    - I think the episode ends here.. My stream broke a third and final time.. -.-

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  3. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

Seriously, first Ash couldn't identify Flame Charge (in XY036) after his Tepig/Pignite used that move to death during the BW Saga and now he doesn't remember what's a Double Battle is.

4. IcySealeo

IcySealeo Well-Known Member

Really liked this episode. I'm very pleased with Bonsly and Sudowoodo appearing in here.

5. DaDonYordel

DaDonYordel The Gazing Eye

Ash "country matters insertioing" dominated Team Rocket like in dat Furfrou episode, loved Hawlucha and Froakie's interaction. And I laughed my "lumpy flesh used for sitting" off when Hawlucha wore Ash's hat. Serena sass returns briefly after correctly predicting that Chespin's serial puff robbery is still prevalent as it ate a puff meant for Fennekin apparently.

They kept the movie opening in here as well, and once again uses VOLT as an insert song during Ash's domination of Team Rocket. Spookytree wasn't really evil, just misunderstood, it wanted help with the trapped Sudowoodo and Bonsly courtesy of Team Rocket.

6. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

Wow, I didn't get to see that.. Stupid stream breaks.. -.-

So in this canon, apparently, Ash never fought Luana, Tate and Liza, Juan?

Lol, Double Battle in this episode, when is he going to learn of Triple Battles? xD

Poor Bonsly and Sudowoodo.. Those trees were simply petrified with fear.. xD

7. Galvantula1992

Galvantula1992 Well-Known Member

It's funny isn't it, that this time last year everyone was like "What's Orotto's English name? "What type is it?" I didn't think Trevenant would be debuting this early but it's one of the Pokemon I was most anticipated for for X and Y based on it's potential type making it a hot topic for speculation. So yeah, I'm really grad it's debuted!

8. X Drake

X Drake I Am Groot

So tell me does Cut look like the blade or did they make it back to the normal animation?

9. SerenaForTheWin

SerenaForTheWin Yusarin >_<

ugh what is tr doing here, they aren't needed in this episode imo :x

10. zhixun

zhixun Well-Known Member

Rocketto Dan is totally redundant and they are pointless for appearing in consecutive episodes. Love to see more battle between Satoshi and Citron.

11. Lucario At Service

Here is your answer,
    [IMG139]http://s1.postimg.org/majb40y4v/Froakie_s_Cut.jpg[/IMG139]

On another note, again in today's episode Froakie's Pound training was similar to how Naruto trained to learn to utilize the Wind Element (Fuuton).

12. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

You know I actually find it hilarious that some people got flustered because of Ash potentially being rewarded a win because of bad teamwork when in reality it was actually Chesbro who took home a win.

Just goes to show that Chespin is the hero this show needs

13. X Drake

X Drake I Am Groot

Aha awesome.It actually looks like a blade,that's good.

14. Lucario At Service

This one is really a pretty cool shot,
    [IMG139]http://s29.postimg.org/ycmfahiqv/Froakie_Hawlucha.jpg[/IMG139]

15. Lord Trollbias

Lord Trollbias Y'all Salty Bishes

Strategic Ash is best Ash. Using type immunities to his advantage. That's the stuff I do like.

16. Cresselia92

Cresselia92 SM Ash = New Ash

Got to see this episode. It was really cool! Those were the things that I liked the most:

- Froakie's Cut is simply amazing. Way better than Servine's Cut, imo.

- The flash-back, for some reason. It's nice that the XY series keeps following a continuity.

- The training battle was handled well, and I found interesting how Ash used the same strategy used in the Furfrou episode to make Chespin hit his own partner. Nice thinking!

. I liked the contrast in personalities between Froakie and Hawlucha. It really makes them feel more alive.

- The PokéPuff scene was really funny. Chespin learned a new move: Flamethrower!

- Serena commanding Fennekin to use Scratch to free Pikachu. It's always nice to see her contribute in a way or another.

- Ash shielding his Pokémon from the Will-O-Wisp. It really showed how much he cares about his Pokémon. It also reminds me a lot when Clemont protected his Chespin from Delphox's attack.

- Ghost-type immunity in general. It was really funny when Ash tried the "Super Flying Cut" to attack Trevenant and Froakie slammed into the ghostly tree, while Hawlucha went through it with Flying Press. Also, it was cool to see how Ash used that immunity to his own advantage, by making Pumpkaboo lower its guard and let it end attacked by Froakie.

One last thing. About the whole Double Battle question... well, Ash said it more in a "Double Battle, uh?" tone rather than a "What's a Double Battle?" way. I don't think he didn't know what a Double Battle is, more than he was left a bit pensive about Clemont's idea.

I could be wrong, though, and I'd like if a translator told us more about their dialog.

Overall, I judge this episode 9/10. Nice pacing with little flaws.

17. zzz1000120

zzz1000120 Well-Known Member

Froakie standing doesn't look right to me for some reason. Other then that it was a great episode.

18. Benny™

Benny™ Best Wishes Do Come True Under The Sun & Moon

Like XY035 I think this could have been better as a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon special, nobody contributed anything except Ash. Trombork (Trevenant) could have been a great antagonist for the episode, Team Rocket did nothing except put the plot on hold, and there was no build-up to them. What did they want with those two Pokemon, and why did they just leave them hanging there instead of taking them to the boss? And predictably, Flying Cut or whatever it's called gets mastered when TR shows up.

Forgot to mention that it's only 38 episodes and already I'm sick of Ash's superman act. When are they going to stop showing him taking attacks to defend Pokemon? It's NOT "cool" or "badass".

The only good part about the episode was when Igamaro (Chespin) had flames coming out of its mouth from the spicy pokepuffs.

19. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

It's more then likely they set a trap to catch wild pokemon and Ash and co got to the trap first.

20. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

The only good parts of this episode was the chespin parts.

The froakie and hawlucha segments bored me.