• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Formatting a 3DS.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
If I format my whole 3DS, it deletes everything right? But I've downloaded a few games and I was wondering if my Apps will be fine if I remove the SD card before I format it, nya~

Hydreigon6507

The games will be fine (in the sense that buying them again will be unnecessary), I formatted my 3DS earlier this year because I had a problem (but it did not solve anything), however you will need a new SD card, but the games you downloaded do not need to be purchased again, however you will need to start them over as the data has been lost.

Last edited:

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
The games will be fine (in the sense that buying them again will be unnecessary), I formatted my 3DS earlier this year because I had a problem (but it did not solve anything), however you will need a new SD card, but the games you downloaded do not need to be purchased again, however you will need to start them over as the data has been lost.

Even though the stuff had been saved into that Save Data thing, the saved files will be lost but the games are still there... Is that what ye mean? How about the Friend list and Activity log, too? nya~

Hydreigon6507

Even though the stuff had been saved into that Save Data thing, the saved files will be lost but the games are still there... Is that what ye mean? How about the Friend list and Activity log, too? nya~
Unfortunately, everything that is saved, even on the SD Card, will be lost. Everything will need to be downloaded again, and, as your Friend Code has been changed, everyone will need to be notified of the change and be registered again. Fortunately, the games will not need to be purchased again, as previously mentioned.
Sorry, I can get a bit wordy.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Unfortunately, everything that is saved, even on the SD Card, will be lost. Everything will need to be downloaded again, and, as your Friend Code has been changed, everyone will need to be notified of the change and be registered again. Fortunately, the games will not need to be purchased again, as previously mentioned.
Sorry, I can get a bit wordy.

Oh okay, so if I go to the eShop, whatever I purchased, will be free to re-download? It's kinda confusing XD nya~

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Yes, whatever you've bought before will be available for free as long as you use the same system to redownlaod them