• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Forum Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichi

swagswagswagswagswag
Only recently have I started attempting to regularly post on sppf, and that's just because of my obligation to the sig check thread. Before that I admit that I only came on to view/partake in drama going on. Actually, I'd still look and partake in drama, there just hasn't really been a lot lately. Truth be told, most of the time when this place (be it the forums in general or just misc) is active, it's usually because there's trolls around or there's a public dislike between people in a thread so I think it's safe to say I'm not the only one.

As far as the people that post, overall I'm pretty apathetic to most posters. I do find some people that post to be incredibly dull and annoying, but I'm sure numerous people think the same of me so it's a give and take. All the friends I've made here I talk to either on IRC or AIM/MSN/whatever anyways.

Misc sucks tho

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
As far as Misc. sucking, fair enough, but in my opinion it's better than any other section on this forum. Who do we have to compete with, shipping? Please.

That's the beauty of it, though; each section of the forum has its own little "subculture" that is really unique to those that frequent it. It sort of goes back to what Krake was saying about the circles of members, which is ironic considering that some people come here to escape school and work, which essentially have the same fundamental systems as this forum.

Ethan

Banned
That's the beauty of it, though; each section of the forum has its own little "subculture" that is really unique to those that frequent it. It sort of goes back to what Krake was saying about the circles of members, which is ironic considering that some people come here to escape school and work, which essentially have the same fundamental systems as this forum.

Don't defend shippers ITT plox or I will abuse my power and ban you.

Penguinist Trainer

I came to the forums for the topics of discussion. After all, this is one of the best places to find people who are interested in pokemon as well. I am fond of the other discussions as well, primarily to see the viewpoints of other people. I think my favorite part of the Serebii forums are the witty comments that come up every now and then.

I think the only "drama" I've witnessed is the seemingly endless supply of spambots and people replying to them... only to complain later that they were infracted. This is a good way to pass the time.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
The reason I come here is boredom. I can say with confidence and honesty even as a moderator, that I feel no personal duty or obligation to this section or this forum in any shape or form. When it's a quite day and there's nothing else to do, this is actually a good way to pass the time and I do what little I can to make things better here, if that's saying anything at all.
This is exactly how I feel about it, exchanging the moderating and making things better for finding hilarity and making things worse.

As far as Misc. sucking, fair enough, but in my opinion it's better than any other section on this forum. Who do we have to compete with, shipping? Please.
Oh, don't get me wrong. Misc is by default the best thing here, if only because anyone semi-normal and intelligent inevitably winds up here for a bit of sh*ts and giggles.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I've actually never been in the shipping section...maybe it's time to scar my virgin eyes.
NO! Don't do it! You still have time to save yourself! Think of all you have to live for!

I was fairly active here in "the old days", and to be honest it wasn't really better or worse than it is now. Well, there's more worship of lame trolls now, but even that has always been a part of misc on some level. Other than that, I'm still seeing the same general trends in discussions that I always do, there's still drama, and Polls still has a "What are you Listening To?" thread.

That said, I mostly hang out in the Pokemon Anime forums now(which has its own special brand of drama), mostly because I never really got back into Misc after I lapsed out of it(And SPPf in general) for a while in...2008 or something.

I also go to Pokemon Manga, but nobody posts there. Any posts you see are made by ghosts. Fact.

Misc, PAD, and every other forum on SPPf are all full of idiots and drama, though. But by now I have a highly advanced idiot filter where I just skim over pointless posts and read the ones that have actual coherent thought in them, so it's not really that bad. except for the part where I do kinda have to read all the pointless posts in the sections I mod
Misc does have fewer purely stupid posts, presumably because it doesn't get all the little kids who just want to talk about Pokemon, but its amount of drama is pretty normal. I'm perfectly fine with that, since drama posts are more fun to read than dumb posts. And to be honest...a forum without drama would be like an America without McDonald's. Healthier, perhaps, but not at all a realistic possibility.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
Misc and Games are the best sections IMAO.

Misc, is where Normal World topics appear rather than Internet World issues. Plus as someone else said, it's where the Smart people go, people like BigLutz and The Panda.

Games are fun and the people there are friendly and funny.

This site is a magical place of LOL'z (even if it's at others misfortune), delusion (of intelligence and ability of self) and creepiness and the hordes who revel in their creepi-nost...

Last edited:

kochoupink

butts lol
Some people are very okay, but I won't name name(s).

Love you too, Ciphes.

I dunno. I feel like it's quieted down as we've gotten older and found lives. I know I came in on the tail end of awesome, to be sure. While I'm not a proponent of rampant trolling, I wouldn't mind an uptick in the level of less-than-on-topic banter. Let's play together, y'all!

As for drama, I think I was on someone's ignore list once? But it was a misunderstanding.

I come here because it is the best board on sppf, which i feel is due to the people here, not the content of discussion. And misc does have it's 'hierarchies' of members, but not as much circle-jerking as other boards (cough altanime cough).

Katipunero

Eye in the Sky
The people of serebii?They're all a bunch of random people from across the world that have one thing in common,We all love Pokemon.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Some of the people on this Forum are pretty cool, yet you still have those other bad eggs that turn what could be a prosperous community into one of *****ing or unjustified statements (see Kengo). My reason for coming here is just an escape so I can actually talk to people interested in Pokemon, when my day is at a lull or is almost over. Granted, I'm usually in Misc. to talk more about life, as it's a much broader topic, but the Pokemon aspect never hurts. I rarely go into the Game part of these Forums though, as I never know if my creativity with the games will be handled well, or they'll all start shouting "n00b!" just because I'm tempted to try Politoed and Sudowoodo for competitive battling.

Well, in my opinion, Misc. is the place with the highest percentage of cool people. Other sections have them peppered around, but you're guaranteed to see a post by at least one cool person in every thread here. Yeah, Misc. sucks, but other sections tend to suck more. Except for Debates; I can't stand that place.

Mawile412

Problem
Misc and Games are the best sections IMAO.

Misc, is where Normal World topics appear rather than Internet World issues. Plus as someone else said, it's where the Smart people go, people like BigLutz and The Panda.

Games are fun and the people there are friendly and funny.

This site is a magical place of LOL'z (even if it's at others misfortune), delusion (of intelligence and ability of self) and creepiness and the hordes who revel in their creepi-nost...

what does the A in IMAO stand for? :confused:

and Games are fun! that's where i usually am these days. I didn't "fit in" in the Misc. section. too many smart arrogant people here.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
Profesco, the public school you went to sounds badass...
I come to these Forums because I play Pokemon sometimes, and I come to misc. because you're all a bunch of sluts. Tiznt bad at all. This is one of those rare self aware threads that doesn't suck balls, so well played sir.

dark rift

The main reason I come here is because I have nothing better to do at the time. I only come to Misc. now, because the people in the other sections I've been to fit the 'pokemon fan' stereotypes.

Kecleoshrew

KECLEON :D
i think a lot of people come here out of boredom, because they just want to, or just to be trolls

and i agree with lb, Misc. has some of the coolest people. even though games is my fave section, you get a lot of idiots there, which is always fun :)

i think most of the people on this forum are pretty cool, although you do get the occasional pain in the anus *cough*cyotekid*cough*

But yeah, one of MY fave things about the forums is all the retards and trolls because you can get a good laugh :D

one of the other things that makes me come here is people like Profesco and Mawile412. i love the way you close threads Profesco, you usually make my day :3

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I come here out of sheer boredom. Definitely not to have intelligent conversations with people. But really, where in the internet can you have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.