• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Forum Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profesco

gone gently
For drama and spam. Yeah really thats all it is to me.

People have said that Misc was full of sexually-frustrated losers, when just a few inches down the page is the Shipping section...

Okay, okay, this thread is not for shipper jokes, and I ought to stop encouraging it. :p

I removed everything unimportant from your post, Nny.

Forums are like a less risky form of people-watching, aren't they? Commentary and attitude all over the place, and even with less inhibition than a normal social setting.

Also, I agree with kochoupink. Having friends who actually are real friends but who aren't able to infringe on your real life is enjoyable. If you get to a point where you wouldn't mind them in person, that's great too, but the distance initially can be comfortable. ^_^

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
Misc imo is largely what it is today because of Josh's strong farkin' influence for the past few years. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. It's probably a good thing to most people because I stopped posting but a bad thing to me because I pretty much lost interest. :p

Rakarei

EXCELSIOR
The last forum I was really a part of was the Runescape Off-Topic forum. Yes, Runescape. Get your laughs in now. Anyway, back in '05, there was what we called the "golden age". It was great. Intelligent people convening to talk about intelligent things. Then, in mid '07, they came. The people of 4chan invaded. Then the mods responded, and the period of "overlock" began. Ban-happy mods roamed the forums, smiting those who stuck a toenail outside the straight and narrow. It was not fun. When I left mid '09, the trolls ruled, and the mods tried to maintain order. It's kind of nice to be in a forum that's not in that state of war.

Basically, there are those who cause drama, those who watch, and mods who fight it. This forum has a low amount of the first one, which is good.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Why do you think trolls exist? Honestly people who get drama usually do it to themselves. I have no pity really.

why wouldn't they exist.

I'm basically a troll outside this Forum.

I would never troll here, though.
I love this place too much

The last forum I was really a part of was the Runescape Off-Topic forum. Yes, Runescape. Get your laughs in now. Anyway, back in '05, there was what we called the "golden age". It was great. Intelligent people convening to talk about intelligent things. Then, in mid '07, they came. The people of 4chan invaded. Then the mods responded, and the period of "overlock" began. Ban-happy mods roamed the forums, smiting those who stuck a toenail outside the straight and narrow. It was not fun. When I left mid '09, the trolls ruled, and the mods tried to maintain order. It's kind of nice to be in a forum that's not in that state of war.

Basically, there are those who cause drama, those who watch, and mods who fight it. This forum has a low amount of the first one, which is good.

Sigged

It seems that this thread has become a bunch of serebii old timers ranting about how great it was back in there day, so I will join.

Now, I still feel like I am a newbie, yet I am from 2006. It was a lot different then. We didn't have infractions, it was just a three strike your out method. And if you screw up your signiture three times, you get banned for a week.

The mods were a lot more authorotative back in the day, and now it seems like they just play along with the trolls, but still do their duty. It also seems there were a lot more intelligent, serious, threads than just like "boys/girls -DON'T HAVE SEX" threads. I miss when I took serebii seriously, now it has gone downhill.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
The mods were a lot more authorotative back in the day, and now it seems like they just play along with the trolls, but still do their duty. It also seems there were a lot more intelligent, serious, threads than just like "boys/girls -DON'T HAVE SEX" threads. I miss when I took serebii seriously, now it has gone downhill.

Maybe in Misc., yes, but certainly not the whole board. Mods in Misc. are the only ones that I know of that "play along" with the trolls (though I don't really think that's an accurate description). Within other subforums, it's the exact opposite.

Currently we don't have any "drama-causers," but it fluctuates. The last person who caused any drama was Kengo, but it was a lackluster sort of drama. The supposed "real" drama is the like of the thread takeovers that were so common between Aegis/Archimedes, Rave, and Freya.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Maybe in Misc., yes, but certainly not the whole board. Mods in Misc. are the only ones that I know of that "play along" with the trolls (though I don't really think that's an accurate description). Within other subforums, it's the exact opposite.

Currently we don't have any "drama-causers," but it fluctuates. The last person who caused any drama was Kengo, but it was a lackluster sort of drama. The supposed "real" drama is the like of the thread takeovers that were so common between Aegis/Archimedes, Rave, and Freya.

I feel like "trolls" is the wrong term for Misc. regulars. We're not (usually) mean or ridiculously spammy (of course, me, Sogeking, GrizzlyB, Profesco and Ethan used to spam the sh*t out of this section but we had to stop.) We just like to have fun

Profesco

gone gently
I feel like "trolls" is the wrong term for Misc. regulars. We're not (usually) mean or ridiculously spammy (of course, me, Sogeking, GrizzlyB, Profesco and Ethan used to spam the sh*t out of this section but we had to stop.) We just like to have fun

Hey, I was so much more responsible and rule-abiding than the rest of you goons. u_u;

Anyway, good luck getting anyone not native to Misc to see it that way. :p

Also, platypus, [img139] makes your images show up. ;P

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I feel like "trolls" is the wrong term for Misc. regulars.

Oh, I'm not talking about the regulars or anything. I'm talking about the people who will come into Misc. for the first time, see that some people can get away with some joking around, and then start trying too hard to live up to those people. Sort of like Cryptozoologist in his early days. All the famous Misc.-ers that you're talking about are the ones I mentioned who can get away with all the joking around.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
[IMG139]http://d3gkbha1s7sr56.cloudfront.net/someecards/filestorage/fam_11.jpg[/IMG139]

Thank you Profesco for reminding me how to do that. It's been years since I last posted an image

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Locke Yggdrasill said:
Misc imo is largely what it is today because of Josh's strong farkin' influence for the past few years. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. It's probably a good thing to most people because I stopped posting but a bad thing to me because I pretty much lost interest. :p

=[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

intergalactic platypus said:

Why'd we stop? We should start again. It will be glorious. Also, Ethan has apparently had a circumcision since, so we don't have to worry about that anymore.

also; i <3 crypto

Status
Not open for further replies.