• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Forum Related Pet Peeves

Pansy :]

anustart
This isn't a thread for posting general things that press your buttons, it's for things people do on forums (not necessarily this one) that get you worked up. To start it off here are a few of mine:
-People who refer to a sig as their "siggy". I personally can't fathom why someone would do this, is it to seem cute? To me it just makes you look like a five year old.
-Lickies. For those who don't know it's a .gif of something (here it's normally a pokémon)t which starts by viewing the pokémons whole body, then zooms in on th tounge to make it look as if its licking the other side of your screen. I don't know exactly why this annoys me, *but it's along the lines of the use of "siggy", I don't get why someone would do it, but it makes them seem very immature.
-People who refuse to take constructive critisim, and just respond with "sorry I can't please everyone" or a line from Lady Gaga's "Born This Way". We're only trying to help you become a better poster and thus become more popular in the eyes of most members.
-Threads that get deleted solely for things not-so-intelligent posters turn the topic into. Like if this thread turns into "name-names of posters you don't like lol" then it will be closed. A good example of something like this is the cyberbullying thread. The mods warned people multiple times to stay on-topic, yet they continued going off topic, inevitablely getting the topic closed.
-The terms "lmao" and "lmfao". Now I can tolerate "lol". It's short and sweet, and sounds well if used properly. But "lmao" just sounds funny to me, and it doesn't read very well. I don't understand why someone would add an extra letter or two just to make their post sound a bit off.
-Users who make a thread dedicated to only one question. If their new to the forums then that's even less of an excuse, as they should be well read on the rules.
-People who bring up My Little Pony every two seconds. Now I guess I can mildly tolerate the fact that everyone's a fan of something, but it just gets so freaking annoying.
-People who can't spell a single word. We all make mistakes and typos, and I can easily live with that. It's the "ZOMG dif U freekinh here abowt blah blah blah?!?!" With spell check on nearly every machine, even *with low intelligence there is no excuse.
Also, please don't name names here. Don't say "Well ________ does this allllll the time and it's my forum pet peeve." thing like that will probably get this thread closed.

people who make tl;dr posts

i also hate how when you offer criticism to someone they brush it off or claim that it is their style and they won't accept said criticism.

and lickies.

VoltTacklingPika

My number one forum related pet peeve is the people who abuse smileys/emoticons. Some forums I visit have a restriction on how many you can use, but some don't. There's nothing less constructive than several dancing bannanas proceeding a sentance.

What's more is that on one forum I frequent, a number of people just reply with one emoticon. I find that to be annoying and pointless. I like good and in-depth discussion and the emoticon-only posts go against that. So do posts that just have "lol", "fail", and rather meaningless one-liners that serve to do anything but contribute towards a discussion.

-People that pointlessly sign their name at the end of every post.
-People that edit their post just to say they ranked up.
-This isn't the poster's fault, but the fact that spoilers don't have a "hide spoiler" option after opening it on this forum... this is the only forum I regular where you can't hide a spoiler after opening it.
-People that shove their opinion down people's throats in a non-debate thread.
-People that claim something will happen without any source to back it up... it's what you think will happen, in that case.

John Madden

resident policy guy
this graph pretty much sums up how I feel.

that graph doesn't have a data point for me resuming posting. i cannot trust it!!!

(actually that distrust is moreso because it understates the detrimental effect on posting quality caused by jacobii registering)

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
-Signatures about religion piss me off. As in, actually make me mad.
-Off-topic arguments in Misc, usually about music.
-People who will stop at nothing to defend the fact that their music is superior to anyone else's. Mostly metalheads.
-New members that use pokemon smileys at the end of each of their post.

Korusan

Banned
Does anyone who's posted a serious list of complaints itt realize how trite most of those are? Like god be damned if there's any originality to this.

Only a pack of 13 year olds gets worked up about any kind of shit on the internet, lmao.

Last edited:

Loreni333

Taking Over Serebii
This isn't a thread for posting general things that press your buttons, it's for things people do on forums (not necessarily this one) that get you worked up. To start it off here are a few of mine:
-People who refer to a sig as their "siggy". I personally can't fathom why someone would do this, is it to seem cute? To me it just makes you look like a five year old.
-Lickies. For those who don't know it's a .gif of something (here it's normally a pokémon)t which starts by viewing the pokémons whole body, then zooms in on th tounge to make it look as if its licking the other side of your screen. I don't know exactly why this annoys me, *but it's along the lines of the use of "siggy", I don't get why someone would do it, but it makes them seem very immature.
-People who refuse to take constructive critisim, and just respond with "sorry I can't please everyone" or a line from Lady Gaga's "Born This Way". We're only trying to help you become a better poster and thus become more popular in the eyes of most members.
-Threads that get deleted solely for things not-so-intelligent posters turn the topic into. Like if this thread turns into "name-names of posters you don't like lol" then it will be closed. A good example of something like this is the cyberbullying thread. The mods warned people multiple times to stay on-topic, yet they continued going off topic, inevitablely getting the topic closed.
-The terms "lmao" and "lmfao". Now I can tolerate "lol". It's short and sweet, and sounds well if used properly. But "lmao" just sounds funny to me, and it doesn't read very well. I don't understand why someone would add an extra letter or two just to make their post sound a bit off.
-Users who make a thread dedicated to only one question. If their new to the forums then that's even less of an excuse, as they should be well read on the rules.
-People who bring up My Little Pony every two seconds. Now I guess I can mildly tolerate the fact that everyone's a fan of something, but it just gets so freaking annoying.
-People who can't spell a single word. We all make mistakes and typos, and I can easily live with that. It's the "ZOMG dif U freekinh here abowt blah blah blah?!?!" With spell check on nearly every machine, even *with low intelligence there is no excuse.
Also, please don't name names here. Don't say "Well ________ does this allllll the time and it's my forum pet peeve." thing like that will probably get this thread closed.

...I admit it, Ima peeve!

-People who refuse to tolerate fans of MLP. It makes me want to love and tolerate them.
-People who can't deal with someone disagreeing with them, and starts VMing you like crazy, 'Y U NO BELEIF GOD!? GOD NO BELIEF YOU!'
-People who go around on RMTs and say, 'ZOMG weather teams suk. Get A new team wih no weather.'

Loreni333

Taking Over Serebii
Oh yeah, one more thing...

-People who say 'put this in your sig or Jesus won't let you in heaven.'

What? The hell? Ok, so if I don't put that in my sig, I will burn in flames for eternity...?
Nice god u got dere... I can deal with religon sigs, but not ones about how I'm going to hell for not putting that in my sig >.<

Kind of ironic that the only people bringing up MLP are the ones complaining about bringing it up.

kochoupink

butts lol
I hate MLP pictures in signatures.

Oh yeah, one more thing...

-People who say 'put this in your sig or Jesus won't let you in heaven.'

What? The hell? Ok, so if I don't put that in my sig, I will burn in flames for eternity...?
Nice god u got dere... I can deal with religon sigs, but not ones about how I'm going to hell for not putting that in my sig >.<

I was gonna say the exact same thing, but Loreni beat me to it. I don't think God will cast people into the eternal abyss of Hell just because they won't copy/paste a few words someone else wrote.

edit: and those Christian and proud of it sigs. Pride is one of the seven deadly sins.

Flame Mistress

Many, many things, like posts such as "u mad!!!!1!!!1!!!one!!!" and newbies who don't read the rules before creating a decent thread, but the one that annoys me the most is how older users in their twenties think all pre-13-year-olds are immature. Now come on. Do you have any evidence for it? No.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
Many, many things, like posts such as "u mad!!!!1!!!1!!!one!!!" and newbies who don't read the rules before creating a decent thread, but the one that annoys me the most is how older users in their twenties think all pre-13-year-olds are immature. Now come on. Do you have any evidence for it? No.

u mad, also the evidence for it is quite visible from 99% of posts from said users (hell, even some of the older users). my pet peeves mainly include forums in general, they're not my deal tbh

Last edited: