• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Forum Time Question. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterlight

Oceanic Legend
Hmm, for the last few hours, I've noticed the post times on every post seems to be an hour later then it should be.

For example, at the moment here it's 19:21, but the forum says it's 20:21. I'm sure the clocks haven't gone forward, but I could be wrong. Any ideas what's wrong..?

Waterlight

Oceanic Legend
pika2000 said:
Did you check the time settings in your userCP?

Yep, they're how they should be. I've talked to others, and apparently I'm not the only one who's having time problems.
If it's to do with the location, I live in the UK (England) so maybe that has something to do with it.

Angeling

true love
Hmm... why do I have a feeling that the server downtime screwed the time zones somehow? Because after it came back up and was at normal speed, it's been saying the hour after. And yes, I did check the User CP and it is set at GMT -5:00, Eastern Time (US & Canada), Bogota, Lima, which is the one at my computer. I'm pretty sure daylight savings didn't happen all of the sudden, so...

Waterlight

Oceanic Legend
Indeed, it started after the forums went down for a while yesterday night.

A

Altair

Mine as well, and as for the forums going down, thank you for telling me that. I could not log on for at least eight hours. It was so annoying. And as for the time, I have that error too. I live in New Jersey, where it's 10:00 PM now but the clock here reads 11:00 PM. I thought England had Daylight savings time or something lol.

Angeling

true love
pika2000 said:
Wait it's showing up wrong for me too o.o
Well, there have been a few changes at the forums, maybe some admin has changed the time settings...
Well, grem said he couldn't find anything in the admin control panel, but Fox also thinks it may be the DST, but isn't that around April or something?
Perhaps the long downtime really screwed the server's time, I don't know.

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
I noticed it a while ago. I changed the DST thing and checked the time zone and it still showed the same time.

I just now noticed it XD It says 21:32 on my clock, but on the fourms it's 22:32

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
It happened to me too. Normally I have Eastern Standard time, but I had to switch to Mountain Daylight Time so it could still show the time in my area.

DST isn't until April, but something has come across the forums with the time. Maybe that whole downtime screwed up things. But to mostly everyone on the forums, the time is 1 hour ahead. Could be fixed soon. But no worries, the real time should be on your computer. I think... x.x

Status
Not open for further replies.