• Hi all
    Just a notice, we recently discovered that someone got into a moderator account and started hard deleting a load of key and legacy threads...around 150 threads have been lost dating back to 2007 and some weeks ago so we can't roll the forums back.
    Luckily no personal data could be accessed by this moderator, and we've altered the permissions so hard deleting isn't possible in the future
    Sorry for any inconvenience with this and sorry for any lost posts.
  • Hi all. We had a couple of reports of people's signatures getting edited etc. in a bad way. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and nobody has compromised any of our databases.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar passwords to elsewhere which has been accessed, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords, and two-factor authentication if you are able. Make sure you're as secure as possible
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Forum Upgrade Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hey guys

The upgrade is done. The styles will still be fiddled with as time goes by so we'll have more and more added over the next few weeks.

There is the possibility that we will need to turn the forums off again as we're currently rebuilding various parts of the forum which would take hours. If the server starts messing up while we do this, then we'll just turn it off at say the same point we did today tomorrow and run it. The reason we didn't do this now was to get the forum active as soon as possible. The search will not really be functional until these are done

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?564328-Forum-Upgrade-Complete&styleid=36 - Serebii Style (Default)
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?564328-Forum-Upgrade-Complete&styleid=37 - Black & White Style

Enjoy :)

uhhhhh

Too sweet
Thanks Joe. The forum does look a little odd though... It'll take some time getting used to I guess.

~Light

Just one comment about the default green skin:

The content on the top left with notifications, ... is hard to read and also a little to small imo. Any possibility to make the font bigger or change the color ?

I'm going to check out the skins now ^^ It looks a bit odd but I guess I'll have to get used to it :)

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
I really like the upgrade. Ya'll did a great job! :)

lolipiece

Bucken the trend
Staff member
Bleh. I miss the old one.

This one looks ugly.

Eh, looks better with Black and White. Guess I'll be using that one now.

Aquarelle

Staff member
It's kinda weird seeing the forums look different, but I like the new look. I think the user profiles look awesome. ^_^

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
Oh guys. Stop beating round the bush and answer the real question: Can we change our names?

(Thanks Serebii :p)

Honus

Not really a huge fan of the new look, but whatever, the green one still looks nice, but I'll miss vB3's Happy Style.

lolipiece

Bucken the trend
Staff member
What's this thing I see on the front page?

"'); var sidebar_align = 'right'; var content_container_margin = parseInt('282px'); var sidebar_width = parseInt('270px'); //--> " is what it says.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Might have to adjust to it, I don't really like it as of now. No offense Joe.

firepokemon

Fire and Ice
Not too shabby. Need to get comfortable first. Changed to b/w skin as felt it better than the other one.

The VMs look strange now.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
What's this thing I see on the front page?

"'); var sidebar_align = 'right'; var content_container_margin = parseInt('282px'); var sidebar_width = parseInt('270px'); //--> " is what it says.

I'm not seeing it. Can you provide a screenshot?

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Well, of course it's different, it's just gonna take some getting used to.

I like it personally, it's always nice to have something new and fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.