• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Forum Upgrade Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redworthy

Pokémon Master
I agree.. The thing I'm actually most annoyed about is that the quick navigation actually takes longer now.. With no 'Go', button, you constantly need to enter the dropbarmenu.. Which is just too much of hassle for it to be called quick navigation to me. I'd rather now use 'top', and then go back a step in the forum, instead of needing to scroll down through a dropbarmenu..

Also, what the heck is the reply button for if you can just reply normally? It doesn't make sense. The multiquote button also was a lot clearer before this change.

And where the flip is the User CP????

That's just ridiculous... :S

If it's so bad then don't use it.... simple -_-
Personaly I like the new look :p

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
I don't like the new look. The old one looked better. :(

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
CP has turned into notifications. one thing I so dont like, I like to go straight to the subscriptions page.

Redworthy

Pokémon Master
Just to let you guys know, complaining about the new forum layout isn't going to fix things. If you are really dedicated to the forums you will just have to get used to it!
The old forums had too many bugs and other issues, changing to this is the best thing they could have done to solve things. Personally I'd prefer to have this new forum than the old broken one.
When you buy a new game console do you complain that it's different to the one before it? NO! You suck it up and get used to the changes, because sometimes they're better than you think they are!

Ok, I'm done with my little rant.... enjoy! XD

minchan

konvirt2mudkipizm
White on black is terrible for body copy, which is pretty much what a forum mostly contains. The readability of it is horrible and it hurts the eyes. I'm not sure what you guys were thinking with that layout. White on black is good for some things like headers but for the body copy it's terrible on the eyes and not pleasant to look at.

However the default green one looks fine, so I'll be sticking with that one.

Redworthy

Pokémon Master
White on black is terrible for body copy, which is pretty much what a forum mostly contains. The readability of it is horrible and it hurts the eyes. I'm not sure what you guys were thinking with that layout. White on black is good for some things like headers but for the body copy it's terrible on the eyes and not pleasant to look at.

However the default green one looks fine, so I'll be sticking with that one.

The new layout JUST went up, give them time to 'fix' things -_-

G50

No longer posting
CP has turned into notifications. one thing I so dont like, I like to go straight to the subscriptions page.

"Subscribed Threads" under Quick links takes you right there.

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
Just to let you guys know, complaining about the new forum layout isn't going to fix things. If you are really dedicated to the forums you will just have to get used to it!
The old forums had too many bugs and other issues, changing to this is the best thing they could have done to solve things. Personally I'd prefer to have this new forum than the old broken one.
When you buy a new game console do you complain that it's different to the one before it? NO! You suck it up and get used to the changes, because sometimes they're better than you think they are!

Hm... I never had problems.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
Custom Avatars keep saying invalid link...

I'm actually not sure what you're talking about, but if you're trying to use your own custom avatar, then you can't. From my knowledge, Serebii has never allowed custom avatars.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I'm actually not sure what you're talking about, but if you're trying to use your own custom avatar, then you can't. From my knowledge, Serebii has never allowed custom avatars.

You're right. I've been digging though some old FAQ threads recently. (We've got some real old Sticky FAQ threads that haven't really been updated since I Joined.) One Answer was loosely Put "only staff get custom Avatars."

Look at PPL and 4th Kira, both are frequent Sig and avatar changers.. I'd be willing to bet if they'd fill up our avatar storage fast.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Whoa, it's way different than I thought. It's going to take time to get used to.

Kays

Lati-twins <3
If it's so bad then don't use it.... simple -_-
Personaly I like the new look :p

Good contradictions there. What do you suggest we use? We can't NOT use the new forum layout that is forced upon us by the upgrade. Unless you suggest we leave this place.

Obviously most of the people posting here like this place. Otherwise, no one would bother caring what design this forum has. I'm also aware that the hideous forum aesthetics are created by the vBulletin v4 design team, so it's not really serebii's fault. Some like it, some don't. Again, if we didn't care, we wouldn't be here in the first place.

But serebii can possibly condense some of the forums to reduce the amount of scrolling. Just far too many. And without the option to collapse them permanently, it's a bother.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I know Josh ran the calcs but would letting user change their avatar just once then lock them out of doing it again fix the space issue? The could receive a user note saying they already had a avatar change.

Edit: Never mind, just took a look over the calcs. I don't think there are 50,000 active members though(as in posted in the last month).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.