• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Forum Upgrade This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I've never experienced bugs...what bugs are there?
Profile Picture one where it errors when you try to change it. Us killing the forums whenever we do a name change or an IP search. Various other things

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
You guys still haven't said anything about name changes. Are we going to be able to change our names, and if not, why do people keep bringing it up?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Names: Not at first: It because, we're actually going to be building the search database soon after launch. (but that's the cost of us keeping downtime low.) After that, it's up to the Admins.

It's always been possible, it just happens almost kill the forums everytime we do it. The Last person who got a name change was actually a few days ago. I won't go in to details why, but its another reason why Serebii has moved up to VB4

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Some people made their account years ago, when whatever they had as a username did suit them, but now, six years later, it doesn't anymore.

That being said, it should be limited if it is implemented.
I don't think I'll be changing my username anytime soon. It's unique and has become very notorious here. With all my crazy posts I'm surprised no ones called me Mental Patient Z heh heh! :p

xDWarrior

Has anybody asked anything about a mobile version of the site? vBulletin has an app where you can do that I believe. It would make things a lot more convenient.

shadow_zoroark

Think They Saw Us?
I dont think it'll affect me much... :p I don't wanna change my name, and I plan on keeping my profile pic the same ~ But thanks for informing us ^^

Aquanova

Great to see this forum will be upgraded to vB4 and the new server. This will probably encourage me to be more active here. I dont think Im gonna change anything including my profile picture, its kind of a signature thing for me. Anyways, thank you for the information.

Yeah, do it when Americans sleep. They won't notice it, while others will

That would suck for me, and be unfair to European people... I think it should happen when it's night in the Netherlands! But good, everybody wants it during the night in their native country.

I don't need to change my name, and I haven't experienced bugs... For me, it'll suck because that means I can't get on my favourite forum for hours... But if the forum upgrade is really nessecary and will improve the forum for a lot of users, it's a good thing that it's done.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I don't really care for name changes though We probably win't get them If so then this dude is Fixing this Typo.

But I'll be fine if this is only going to take 9-10 hours+.

battle171

New Gen, Go!
Wow, I'll probably be unable to access any form of internet during that time, but thanks for the warning in advance any ways.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Oh.. I guess i'll have to do something else that day then.. Thanks for the warning.
It will be exciting to see what kind og Upgrades there will be.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I doesn't really matters when the update is. One side of the Earth will be asleep while the other will be in school. Seeing as most of the post here are from are from americans, it would make sense to either do it Monday morning est time or after 9pm est time.

PikiWolf

Out4Training-Piki
It's good to see updates. What's got me confused is we haven't seen any new forum themes lately. But that's fine. As longs as those bugs are terminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.