• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Forum Upgrade This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathfinder

No Angel
It'd also fill up the database causing it to be bigger and bigger causing more problems

Couldn't we get rid of the avatar gallery, and let people just upload their own avatars or would that still cause issues because of the amount of users or something? Was just wondering I got a bit confused about that..

Anyways glad the forum upgrade is happening , been waiting for something like this for forever =) thanks Joe.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Couldn't we get rid of the avatar gallery, and let people just upload their own avatars or would that still cause issues because of the amount of users or something? Was just wondering I got a bit confused about that..

Anyways glad the forum upgrade is happening , been waiting for something like this for forever =) thanks Joe.
Unfortunately not. The avatars we have are not stored in the database. They're stored on the forum's server in files. All the database has is reference points. Custom Avatars would just be placed in the database and thus the problems occur

SmeargleArtist

I see dead people
Will the site still be able to load fast on the dsi or even load at all?
I tried the bulbagarden forums and they run really slow on it and it doesn't even load anymore...
I'm against it if it's like bulbagarden and/or if that stupid out of memory notice always pops up.

It woks fine on my 3ds, but maybe the 3ds is better at stuff like that.
I hope we can change our names, internet aliases FTW!

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
Welp, guess I'll have to haunt Bulbagarden for a while when this happens.

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
do u know for sure what day yet? i just want to either be at school or asleep when it happens... man this is going to hurt my serebii time. pokemon is my life outside of school and im on serebii whenever i can so yeah itll hurt the serebii time but not the pokemon time :)

Arcanine724

I am the Batman
Will we be able to change our names, and will the Pokémon Avatars be in Pokédex order?

There's a mistake that happens on my iPod, when searching the forum, it takes me to the top corner of the page and doesn't let me type!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Will we be able to change our names, and will the Pokémon Avatars be in Pokédex order?

There's a mistake that happens on my iPod, when searching the forum, it takes me to the top corner of the page and doesn't let me type!

They've already commented quite a bit on the name changes, your Avatar orders are very likely to stay the same.

As for your iPod, that's a problem with the version of Safari it has, the forums are not designed to be used on mobile devices, you've got to accept the problems that entails if you're going to use a mobile device to browse them.

So if the upgrade does fix the glitch that prevents name changes, will people be allowed to request their name to be changed, or will it only be for people who made minor typos?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
It's already been said if the admins want to take out time then yes. As for minor typos, that's always been allowed till like last year or so, if the glitch is fix'd there shouldn't be any reason not to.

Yay! :)

Been wanting this change for a while now. I am also one of the members who has been on this forum for a while, and who wants to change the name they made when they joined (Four years ago for me). So yeah, this'll be nice.

Visually, is this going to change to the slicker-looking VB4, or will it stay the same? I recently experienced an update on another forum (MSPA is anyone's interested) and the design looks newer and shinier now, which I like. I was just wondering whether Serebii swapping would also have those changes, or if it will basically look the same.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
I already hate the ideas of the forum upgrade.

VB4 is ****ing horrendous as it is with it being a wannabe Farcebook, I don't want to come into SPPf next week and discover it to become a hideous mess of STATUSSTATUSSTATUS and smelling of the essence of Zuckerberg.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I already hate the ideas of the forum upgrade.

VB4 is ****ing horrendous as it is with it being a wannabe Farcebook, I don't want to come into SPPf next week and discover it to become a hideous mess of STATUSSTATUSSTATUS and smelling of the essence of Zuckerberg.
Don't worry. We're not implementing ridiculous features. The forum it shall be will be the forum as it is, just with less bugs and new styles

Teaser of the Serebii style:
vb4.jpg

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
May I make a suggestion for something , How about editing around the userbars with the Kanto/Johto gym leaders from their GBA sprite to their new HGSS sprite. That being since it would be nice since that is what their current sprites look like anyways. Though just wait for the Hoenn Gym leaders for the time being until when ever they announce a RS remake since that it would also be when they have a upgrade sprite. Then again you could just to the same thing as with the Johto gym leaders for them Hoenn Leaders since that is still possible.

Other than that , I have to say that I could help with any forum skins in the future. That is because I will be taking Web Page Design as a class come the 2012-13 school year at my school. It will though be latter this year since that I don't know if I will have the class 1st trimester or 2nd trimester.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
I can see fine enough from here.

>twit bar

So long as that's the only tacky addon, I'm okay with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.