• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Forums Now at 3.7.0. Lots of new features

Favorite Pokemon?!

SPPF IS BECOMING LIKE POKECOMMUNITY!!! =O

I know! Because it wouldnt make logical sense for a pokemon forum to have an option for peoples favorite pokemon!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe Joe is copying them like that.

Neko Godot

Hey! Listen!
I know! Because it wouldnt make logical sense for a pokemon forum to have an option for peoples favorite pokemon!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe Joe is copying them like that.
Yeah I know!!!

Next thing ya know, the forums will be renamed SPPCommunity!!! =0

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
It is really good to see a huge upgrade of Serebiiforums, but it is really confusing. Like everyone has said, we'll eventually get used to it.

My most favourite features out of all of this are the friend and visitor messaging feature. Although they are a bit complicated, espeicially the visitor messaging system. I have a few questions about it, if anyone is kind enogh to answer:
  • What should be the rules for visitor messaging? If the normal SPPf rules apply, then how should the post length rules work (example: Posts with only one sentence or few words are counted as spam)?
  • Posts completely off-topic are also counted as spam, but there is no topic in visitor messaging!
  • I also get confused with another fact. That is, when I post something on anyone's profile, after he replies, where should I reply? On his profile or mine? Or the view conversation page (although replying in that page takes the reply automatically to the person's page I'm replying to).

Also, I'm still unable to distinguish Social Groups and Clubs quite, I think the Clubs option should be turned of and let the Social Group continue.

I really dislike the edit history feature, I think it destroys the purpose of editing itself. I hope it may be disabled.

It is not necessary to say the profile looks cooler, indeed it does. The profile picture look like Avatars in the profile (*sigh*, atleast some touch of Custom Avatar).

A funny fact, I never got to see the 'tags' properly before they got deleted, how did they look like and work?

Some of you are saying SPPf is mimicking PokeCommunity, if they use the same version of vBulletin with same features, then they may look simmilar, but it doesn't mean somebody is mimicking someone.

Finally, I would say everything needs to be upgraded, SPPf is no exception. Thank you Serebii, thank you vBulletin.

PS: I'm desperately waiting for the visitor messaging system being called VM =p

Last edited:

duncan

It is really good to see a huge upgrade of Serebiiforums, but it is really confusing. Like everyone has said, we'll eventually get used to it.

My most favourite features out of all of this are the friend and visitor messaging feature. Although they are a bit complicated, espeicially the visitor messaging system. I have a few questions about it, if anyone is kind enogh to answer:
  • What should be the rules for visitor messaging? If the normal SPPf rules apply, then how should the post length rules work (example: Posts with only one sentence or few words are counted as spam)?
  • Posts completely off-topic are also counted as spam, but there is no topic in visitor messaging!
  • I also get confused with another fact. That is, when I post something on anyone's profile, after he replies, where should I reply? On his profile or mine? Or the view conversation page (although replying in that page takes the reply automatically to the persons page I'm replying to).

Also, I'm still unable to distinguish Social Groups and Clubs quite, I think the Clubs option should be turned of and let the Social Group continue.

Finally, I would say everything needs to be upgraded, SPPf is no exception. Thank you Serebii, thank you vBulletin.

PS: I'm desperately waiting for the visitor messaging system being called VM =p

I'll leave most of your list to someone who knows what they're talking about (read=not me) but I can help out some.

Visitor messaging, I think, is working out to be a PM+. IMO, as long as it doesn't break any of the main SPPf rules (besides spamming, of course) it would work, but again I'm not one to say.

What I'm learning is that the way to do visitor messaging is when someone posts in your profile, then you post your response in theirs and then it goes back to yours.

And to the best of my knowledge, the mods are talking about possibly scraping Clubs because of the social groups. Not entirely sure how that might work, though.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Stalking profiles will never be the same.

Dammit. >:0

aerisLana

i cannot believe
I love the new features. It's just like the other forum that I joined, but it's more cuter here. I also like the commentary page in every profile, haha. Very nice! ^_^

CharizardBlastoise

Squirtle Power!
The New Updates Are Really Good, The Community Group thingey Is Proberly The Best

MidnightStorm

I just came back from a month-long break of serebiiforums and foud all these new(and recent) updates. I like all them,and hope they stay. Nice job, and its nice to see a change in the forum style.

??????

That guy.
The upgrade is excellent, especially the visitor messages.

I really like this. This is actually the reason why I joined! ^_^ -is marked as a person who joined during the update swarm-