• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fossil Pokémon

What is your favourite Fossil-pokémon?

• Omanyte--Omastar (Rock/Water)

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Kabuto--Kabutops (Rock/Water)

Votes: 29 15.4%
  • Aerodactyl (Rock/Flying)

Votes: 35 18.6%
  • Lileep--Cradily (Rock/Grass)

Votes: 22 11.7%
  • Anorith--Armaldo (Rock/Bug)

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • Cranidos--Rampardos (Rock)

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • Shieldon--Bastiodon (Rock/Steel)

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Tirtouga--Carracosta (Water/Rock)

Votes: 24 12.8%
  • Archen--Archeops (Rock/Flying)

Votes: 28 14.9%

• Total voters

Tonguetyd

My favourite is Cranidos and Rampardos because they are pure Rock type(so they don't have 4x weaknesses),have good stats and movepool.

RAMPARDOS?RAMPARDOS HAS GOOD STATS?
What is wrong with these people?

Tonguetyd

Nope,because Rampardos has no Speed and no Defense.It can't do anything because it's so slow and frail.

SimH8

Overall it's Rampardos because I love it's design, it's one of the few based of a dinosaur and it was awesome in the anime. Carracosta is a second because I like it's design again and it was very reliable in my white run.

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
Aerodactyl FTW.

Rampardos, Archeops, Carracosta, and all the others are cool too...

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
Nope,because Rampardos has no Speed and no Defense.It can't do anything because it's so slow and frail.

It could be used on a trick room team...

Rampardos is my favorite :3

Cherche

Banned
Booooooy, this a tough one.

If I had to choose just ONE, I would choose.......Archen, because it evolves into the kickass Pokemon known as Archeops, and I love it, despite the crappy ability.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Always see myself using Bastiodon the most. Although it's usually death fodder due to its typing, an arm for an arm never hurts the odd time.

blackterminator3

Cranidos--Rampardos is who I like more.

auteur

Fossil freak
Right. So take Lileep for example. Before it became a fossil it was only grass type, but when scientists extracted it from the fossil it had to be part rock (because its body is most likely made up from rock since it came from a fossil) and kept its grass typing along with it.
We don't know that, and even if I'm inclined to agree with that theory, the one that says that they became fossilized because they were rock type in the first place (and thus didn't decay) is just as possible. That's why I would like to get some further information in future games, though I doubt that Game Freak will bother.

Mitja

Veteran smartass
We don't know that, and even if I'm inclined to agree with that theory, the one that says that they became fossilized because they were rock type in the first place (and thus didn't decay) is just as possible. That's why I would like to get some further information in future games, though I doubt that Game Freak will bother.

Yeah.

I'm sure if it affected their DNA so much that they became Rock-type, they would also be visually different etc...but Cradily for example, to me at the same time doesn't pass as non-Rock pokemon with its current look, but also doesn't look like it was in any way changed from its original design.. I mean, none of them look "Rock-ified" to me, except for Aerodactyl perhaps, and even if that was the case, I would expect them all to be merely secondary Rock not their main specialization.

All I want as proof is something that confirms they were exactly the same creatures originally as they are now. The design simply goes hand in hand with the type.
I think there is some TCG art of fossil pokemon walking around at ancient times, but I doubt that counts.

auteur

Fossil freak
Yeah.

I'm sure if it affected their DNA so much that they became Rock-type, they would also be visually different etc...but Cradily for example, to me at the same time doesn't pass as non-Rock pokemon with its current look, but also doesn't look like it was in any way changed from its original design.. I mean, none of them look "Rock-ified" to me, except for Aerodactyl perhaps, and even if that was the case, I would expect them all to be merely secondary Rock not their main specialization.

All I want as proof is something that confirms they were exactly the same creatures originally as they are now. The design simply goes hand in hand with the type.
I think there is some TCG art of fossil pokemon walking around at ancient times, but I doubt that counts.
I guess Pokédex entries are the only clues that suggest that they're the same as the ones who lived in ancient times. I mean, if they were just "based" on those ancient Pokémon, that should be noted somewhere, but instead in many entries we read things like "This Pokémon lived in ancient times." or "Three hundred million years ago, it hid on the sea floor." (Randomly taken from Kabuto Silver and Crystal entries, but there're tons of other examples) that suggest that this same creature lived in the past.

Its just common sense. The Pokemon simply came from fossils and kept their rock typing.
To you and to me it may seem the most plausible explanation, but the lack of any official one makes it still debatable, since there may be little clues that could suggest the "they were always rock type" explanation. (As the Pokédex entries I named or Relicanth typing that may show rock types were abundant in ancient times.) I mean, it's a healthy debate and there's no need to discard any possibility.

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
omastar is the best competitive pokemon c:

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3