• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fossil Pokémon

What is your favourite Fossil-pokémon?

• Omanyte--Omastar (Rock/Water)

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Kabuto--Kabutops (Rock/Water)

Votes: 29 15.4%
  • Aerodactyl (Rock/Flying)

Votes: 35 18.6%
  • Lileep--Cradily (Rock/Grass)

Votes: 22 11.7%
  • Anorith--Armaldo (Rock/Bug)

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • Cranidos--Rampardos (Rock)

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • Shieldon--Bastiodon (Rock/Steel)

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Tirtouga--Carracosta (Water/Rock)

Votes: 24 12.8%
  • Archen--Archeops (Rock/Flying)

Votes: 28 14.9%

• Total voters

sweetie

lovely love
I think that Lileep, Anorith, and Omanyte are cute as well as their evolutions. :]

just mew

i think your second theory makes sense to me
actually they didn't have rock type, but they gain it
so maybe kabutops were like Water/Bug ( i always think of that too, imagine bug vs bug: kabutops vs schyter!)
remember theory about genesect = kabutops?
maybe.. (just maybe)
in a way that only team plasma knows, kabutops lost it's water typing and gained steel as a secondary type, making it a Bug/Steel!!!

Mitja

Veteran smartass
i think your second theory makes sense to me
actually they didn't have rock type, but they gain it
so maybe kabutops were like Water/Bug ( i always think of that too, imagine bug vs bug: kabutops vs schyter!)
remember theory about genesect = kabutops?
maybe.. (just maybe)
in a way that only team plasma knows, kabutops lost it's water typing and gained steel as a secondary type, making it a Bug/Steel!!!

With that theory, Kabutops would have looked differently originally too right? I mean since it looks more like a Rock pokemon than any other.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
With that theory, Kabutops would have looked differently originally too right? I mean since it looks more like a Rock pokemon than any other.

If that second theory is true, then I'm sure all the fossil Pokemon looked different. It's interesting to think about. Now I want to know what all the fossil Pokemon could've looked like before they became fossils :)

Hancade

Abomination
Rampardos, has great speed for a rock type, looks cool, and learns great moves, what more could you want from a type like that.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
My favorite fossil is Tirtouga.
I'd like to see a raptor or t-rex next

RegiGuy

Highly competitive
Aerodactyl, mainly because it's the fastest fossil out there!

onichan

Shouldn't there be thousands more species fossilized than just that small group?

Voted for Kabutops. Arceops is a close second though, despite the fact that I've never played 5th gen. I like Rampardos too.

Shouldn't this be in Pokepolls though?

Mitja

Veteran smartass
Voted for Kabutops. Arceops is a close second though, despite the fact that I've never played 5th gen. I like Rampardos too.

Shouldn't this be in Pokepolls though?

Again, I wanted to make a thread to discuss fossils.
The "whats your favourite" was just a random afterthought. And if it should be in polls because of that, I would gladly have left that question and the poll out of this thread.

"Again"? Oh. Sorry about that, I didn't read any other posts except the ones on that last page. When I clicked it I assumed it WAS in Pokepolls, looking at the first post though I see it's obviously intended for discussion, my bad.

TheDarkrai

Magic Bounce Espeon!
Cloning using Fossil Restoration technology

On the topic of fossil pokemon...

The smart researcher guys who turn your fossils ALIVE... How do they work? Is it based on cloning from a Pokemon's DNA?

If this is so, could they clone a ;;382; Pokemon ;383; using the same technology??? I mean, what is necessary to perform this science? Could yu take a small sample of a Pokemon to reproduce it?

As a large community of Pokemon players, we need a team of researchers to look into this.

Realistic Pokemon cloning!!!!!!

Mitja

Veteran smartass
On the topic of fossil pokemon...

The smart researcher guys who turn your fossils ALIVE... How do they work? Is it based on cloning from a Pokemon's DNA?

If this is so, could they clone a ;;382; Pokemon ;383; using the same technology??? I mean, what is necessary to perform this science? Could yu take a small sample of a Pokemon to reproduce it?

As a large community of Pokemon players, we need a team of researchers to look into this.

Realistic Pokemon cloning!!!!!!

Hahaha, exactly.
If they clone pokemon from dead samples, cloning living pokemon should be piece of cake.

Perhaps they have an ethic of not creating unnecessary duplicates.

We are slowly getting to this in terms of resurrecting the memmoth in the real world btw.
There have been discveries of well preserved samples throughout the last few years, most recently this month in Siberia.
I wanna see a sabretooth, but a mammoth will be exciting too XD

Would a sabretooth fossil pokemon be any good?

TheDarkrai

Magic Bounce Espeon!
Hahaha, exactly.
If they clone pokemon from dead samples, cloning living pokemon should be piece of cake.

Perhaps they have an ethic of not creating unnecessary duplicates.

We are slowly getting to this in terms of resurrecting the memmoth in the real world btw.
There have been discveries of well preserved samples throughout the last few years, most recently this month in Siberia.
I wanna see a sabretooth, but a mammoth will be exciting too XD

Would a sabretooth fossil pokemon be any good?

Ethics of not creating unnecessary duplicates...
Obviously team rocket never thought of this.

Agreed, a saber tooth Pokemon would be great. If game freak intend to continue making new fossils each generation, why shouldn't we get saber tooths?
What type would it be??? Something/rock, judging by previous examples. Maybe ice........?