• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fossils

Shuko

Pippi! Pi!
Don't forget; if you don't get what you're searching for underground, you can always soft reset and try again. The items are arranged randomly whenever you go underground for the first time on any given day. If you redo your first time, it'll be different.

Also, make sure to note that you can only get shield fossils in pearl, and skull fossils in diamond. :) All the rest (claw, root, helix, dome, and old amber) are in both.

Catalyst

Aim for the Top.
I've spent about 3 hours in the underground so far and I've found absolutely no fossils, at all. Which is dissapointing. -_-

Cranidos11

Cranidos Master
I now have an excess of skull fossils *sigh* I really want a Shieldon/Shield Fossil so I can make my Rock team and the male Burmy for my bug team.

Shuko

Pippi! Pi!
I now have an excess of skull fossils *sigh* I really want a Shieldon/Shield Fossil so I can make my Rock team and the male Burmy for my bug team.
Do you have Pearl? You can only get them in Pearl... unless you trade for one, that is. :)

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
what do the fossils actually look like, i've found spheres and shards and just now a prism sphere but i can't find a shield fossil yet

Shuko

Pippi! Pi!
what do the fossils actually look like, i've found spheres and shards and just now a prism sphere but i can't find a shield fossil yet

Fossils are brown and lumpy. Since the bottom ground is grey, they stand out well. However, if you don't know what you're looking for, you might mistake them for more ground.

A good way to limit your diggings to fossils is to keep an eye on the little holes inside the last stage of digging. You know how the little tiles get tiny cracked holes in the center? You can see through the holes, meaning you can see the color of what's underneath. It'll help you out if you don't want to dig up gems and want to dig up fossils or elemental stones instead. ;)

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
thanks that'll help, only problem is i'm colour blind but other information helps though

super mew girl

Magical Inlaws
can you get old amber and that?

Shuko

Pippi! Pi!
can you get old amber and that?

The fossils you can get are the following:
Helmet Fossil (Called the Skull Fossil in the American Version I think...) - Diamond only
Shield Fossil - Pearl only
Claw Fossil
Root Fossil
Dome Fossil
Helix Fossil
Old Amber

Unless otherwise marked, all fossils can be gotten in either version. Some are more abundant than others in certain versions though. I can't remember which is more common in which, but I remember getting fewer claw fossils and more root fossils, and more dome fossils and fewer helix fossils in Pearl. :p

Dean

Wonder of Thunder!
I want a sheild fossil...I'm willing to trade my shiny uknown for one (but I don't have wifi. I am getting a usb connector soon)

mumbo

Orale Vato?
I spent a while in the underground and thought i found a fossil but it caved in. i don't even know what they look like or how big they are. Maby somebody could post a picture of them.....

neji122793

4th generation rocks
they are hard to find but the best time for me is during the night in the game and early in the morning i have the guide and their is a poster and it shows u so im going to post when u can find them.

Last edited:
Just found an extra skull fossil. Up for grabs to whomever if they can help me set up wifi. Chimchar/Piplup/other fossil would be quite welcome.

Tytus

Iron Islander
I have about seven skull fossils now, but I've only found one elemental stone. I've gotten a bunch of elemental plates though. Aren't the other gen fossils only obtainable after you get the nat dex?

neji122793

4th generation rocks
diamond Pre National Dex Post National Dex
Armor Fossil none none
Claw Fossil none some
Helix Fossil none some
Root Fossil none some
skull Fossil some some

pearl Pre National Dex post National Dex
Armor Fossil some some
Claw Fossil none rare
Helix Fossil none rare
Root Fossil none some
Skull Fossil none none

so u cant get anything really until the u get the national dex.

neji122793

4th generation rocks
diamond Pre National Dex Post National Dex
Armor Fossil none none
Claw Fossil none some
Helix Fossil none some
Root Fossil none some
skull Fossil some some

pearl Pre National Dex post National Dex
Armor Fossil some some
Claw Fossil none rare
Helix Fossil none rare
Root Fossil none some
Skull Fossil none none

so u cant get anything really until the u get the national dex.

hi 5

Can you see it?
I have a cranidos and I'm willing to trade it. Its freshly revived never seen a battle. PM me if anyone wants it.

Dark Tornadicus

< Rub mah Belly!!!
I got two fossils today, a sun stone, a smooth rock, 2 thunder stones, a buttload of spheres and 16 heart scales

I was also very lucky to get 3 different plates today
(fist, thunder, and bug)

just touch the screen and it locates nearby minables

Last edited:

NES

Flip me to the side!
Well, today with some more time. I went to the underground and found the armor fossil on the first try, so yes, is all about luck...