1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Foul Weather Friends! (139)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - The Johto Journeys' started by Serebii, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Foul Weather Friends!

While travelling to Azalea town, Ash & Co. come across a flock of Hoppip...but one isnt flying like it's friends. It turns out that it is actually an Oddish wanting to be a Hoppip. But when a hurricane comes and blows all the Hoppip away, its up to Oddish to get them back before Team Rocket find them?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

This was definitely one of the most boring episodes of season three. It was interesting to see the oddish who really wanted to be a hoppip and how it helped find its friends, but otherwise the episode isn't all that great. I did like the parts where Team Rocket were imagining using the hoppips as transporters, though, especially with the pinwheels. :D

3. Aptenodytes

Aptenodytes Well-Known Member

wow *yawn* never thought id give this score, but i give it a 3/10

4. Ashy Boy

Ashy Boy Paul's #1 Rival

I really hated that Oddish who beat Team Rocket single-handedly.

5. squirtleboy12

squirtleboy12 christian 4ever

boring..boring couldnt find almost any action

3/10

6. Not so exciting, but I have to love that Oddish-Hoppip :), how it tried it's best to be a Hoppip

7. Crystal Clair

Crystal Clair Well-Known Member

I just saw this episode and it was so awesome! Myriah/Azusa was pwnsome, great character design, and that Oddish was cute. Plus we've never actually seen a tornado until this episode
    IMO, this episode really stuck out.
    No action? So a violent tornado with a house getting it's roof torn off isn't action? O_O okayyyy

8. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Episodes like this is why Johto is hated so much.

It was a very boring episode about some stupid Hopip and a horribly boring plot of an Oddish thinking it was one.

Thank god the writers made the fillers more battle oriented in AG and D/P.

9. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

I enjoy the episodes where Pokemon are used for something other than Battling.

10. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

this one was a fail, i turned the last 5 minutes off.

11. Igottapoo

Igottapoo In my nightmares

I really don't like Hoppip but I liked this episode. It was one of Lickitung's few appearances. If I recall correctly anyway.

12. Littlemyuu

Littlemyuu Orig. Solar-Sceptile

Am i the only one who liked it?
    i think Oddish and Hoppip are cute<3
    this episode made it all =3

13. Blue Snover

Blue Snover Cold as ice

This was a cute episode, they're not my favourite Grass types but together they made a nice story.

14. Hibachi

Hibachi Grass Pokemon Expert

I liked the Oddish in this episode. I thought it was adorable how it wanted to fly. Oddish smiled when it got taken by the tornado as it realized it was flying. And the tornado was a bit sudden as there was perfect weather five minutes beforehand. I also thought the Hoppips were super cute and loved to see them being used for something other then fighting. I liked Meowth's idea of a delivery service. I thought it was very creative. And I also would oh thought Ash would have been a little more careful on what to say in front of Chikorita, as he got lucky here.

15. Xilliam65

Xilliam65 Rival

I'm just surprised that Johto even gets twisters. The only thing close to one we've ever seen otherwise were those waterspouts in Revelation Lugia.

16. GoodPokemonTrainer121

GoodPokemonTrainer121 Yeah man!! :)

This episode was boring so I only watched half of it lol so i'll give it 4/10

17. Tadashi

Tadashi kiss my greens

God, another showcase of useless Pokémon =\ And Team Rocket tries to steal them, why? Even the Hoppip are stronger than them! I lost soooo much faith in TR after this episode x_x

18. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

Hoppip was very cute.

it was very sad how Oddish wasn't able to fly. but he needs to understand that it has another moves.

6/10

19. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Aw, an Oddish who wanted to fly. I'm glad Oddish got some much needed attention. It was largely ignored in Kanto.

Anyway, Hoppip are cute, and a pink Oddish is cuter. Loved the idea of Hoppip being helpful when searching for weather patterns.

A good Johto episode and the debut of Hoppip.

20. JohnLee

JohnLee Well-Known Member

I agree! I don't know why a lot of people hated this episode. Yes, it was a filler, but it still had it's good moments.