• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Foul Weather Friends! (139)

saar

Shiny Flygon
I'm happy Chikorita got some screentime. VS Arbok, according to the pictures. I love the episodes where the friends are trying to find pokemon. Most of them are epic..:)

RickHoenn

Banned
OMG! Hoppip are the most adorable thing, :D i liked this episode only because of them! 8/10

Vernikova

Champion
I really liked this episode since Hoppip are and will always be adorable. I found it interesting how they were used as weather devices though. really, the Hoppip were the only reason this episode was interesting.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok. This was a great way to show Hoppip for the 1st time. It was very odd having oddish in this episode. The tornado scene was good, glad they were all ok afterwards.

20/100

Calamity™

aka Lamia
It's Gligar!
Hoppip has got to be one of the cutest Grass types, alongside Oddish, so I liked this episode. Even if not much happened. It was interesting to say the least how Mariah was able to use Hoppip to tell the weather. Also, Pink Oddish looks good!

"It seems like we're doing much more flying than those Hoppip are." lol

Blessed

This episode was very cute!! I loved it. The Hopip were adorable, seeing them flying all around was enjoyable to see. Ash saving Misty from almost being sucked into the Tornado was very cute.

Last edited:

7threst

Yes, the Hopip's and Oddish were adorable to watch. But that is the only possible good point that I can sum up after watching this. The episode was standard at its prime. There were no sort of developments other than introducing another new Pokémon (which I don't have a problem with if they introduce in a proportionality way - which in this case, they really didn't do that other than showing how vulnerable Hopip's can be)

No, this is not the worst episode, but it had a lot of potential to make it much more interesting, and the writers unfortunately for this episode, couldn't find it.

LizardonX

Banned
Decides to watch an ep of Johto out of boredom.

Finishes feeling even more bored.

0.5/10

pokemon fan 132

Decides to watch an ep of Johto out of boredom.

Finishes feeling even more bored.

0.5/10

Johto had many enjoyable episodes, especially ones focusung on Misty, Brock, recurring characters or about mini tournaments(like that grass one Ash entered with Bulbasaur).

But Foul Weather Friends"isn't exactly one of them. Even for first time i watched it, it was one of most boring pokemon episodes i ever saw. Whole concept behind Hoppip had potential to make something remarkable out of it, but writers blew their chance with this one.

LizardonX

Banned
Don't get me wrong, johto had great episodes, especially towards the end and when charizard was still on Ash's team, but it also had IMO the crappiest filler of any saga, which this ep was an example of.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
This was one of the better filler episodes. Loved the dramatic moment where the tornado hits.

It's not everyday we see a tornado hit where the gang is in this show.

Gillachu

Banned
Oddish wanting to fit in with the Hoppip crowd and failing was hilarious. Hoppip by themselves just aren't so great, though...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how the Oddish wanted to stick with the Hoppip flock even tho he was a different species. I never really liked Hoppip much before, but seeing them float around and help with weather forecasting was neat. :3

The storm scene was gnarly and I felt sympathetic with the outcast Oddish. He deserved to get caught at least since he didn't fit in. :(

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The storm scene was gnarly and I felt sympathetic with the outcast Oddish. He deserved to get caught at least since he didn't fit in. :(

Although Oddish did try hard to fit in with the Hoppips and failed alot, I'm glad he was able to prove himself and battle to save the Hoppips without a capture happening. ^^;