1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Found some leftover data in Pokemon XD about a few Shadow Pokemon.

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by TokoyamiTheDark, May 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TokoyamiTheDark

TokoyamiTheDark The Purple Karakasa

While studying Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, I found some leftover data that didn't made it through the final version.

1. Let's talk about the 1st Pokemon you snag, Teddiursa. In the beta version, you could totally waste your 5 Poké Balls on it due to its low catch rate AND the fact that Krane wouldn't want you to lower its HP before, saying it is pointless to do so (what...?) If you failed, it would eventually become Miror B.'s Pokemon among the Pokemon you failed to snag. So you can have a Teddiursa caught in Pyrite Town or in the three Poké Spots, even in the actual game's data.

2. Starters were meant to be two of the following; Vaporeon, Jolteon or Flareon. Some dudes made some cheat codes to get the combo of Vaporeon + Jolteon, but nothing for Jolteon + Flareon or Vaporeon + Flareon... yet. So, no Eevee in the Beta version.

3. Greevil was probably meant to be re-fought in Realgam Tower, as there is data about Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres AND XD001 being caught there. Don't ask me why... Perhaps a reference to Colosseum? :p

What do you think of these discoveries? Fell free to talk about that. :)

wolf jani likes this.
  2. Nightlingbolt

Nightlingbolt AKA Nightlingbolt

I highly doubt Flareon was ever meant to be a starter at all - the idea was likely that Vaporeon and Jolteon mutually benefit from Rain Dance (boosted Water moves plus Thunder never missing), and being a Fire-type, Flareon is the odd one out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.