• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port (648)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Ash VS Kenny! Setting Sail for Each Destination!

Having earned his final badge, it is time for Ash to head off to the Sinnoh League. However, as they leave Sunyshore City, Ash & Co. meet both Dawn's rival, Kennym who wants Dawn to travel to another region with him for Pokémon Contestsm and their old friend Jasmine, the gym leader of Olivine City in Johto. Kenny eagerly challenges Ash to a battle to which Ash accepts. In addition to that, Jasmine and Flint also have a training battle. Who will win the respective battle and will Dawn decide to stick with Ash?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Aw no Cyndaquil reference :( The electric rodant is shown battling Jasmine in the past, not Cyndaquil.
Nice to see Brock lending a hand though.

Bubblewrap

Looking forward to seeing the episode pictures!
What time does it air? Or has it already been?

BM14murph

Master Collector
It just finished airing there was a pretty good episode

The Flint Jasmine battle was short lived as Infernape crushed Steelix

Kenny beat Ash in a quite good battle. Kenny stormed off towards the end and Dawn and all got on the boat but Dawn left Kenny a note which i don't know what it said as i don't speak Japanese and then Dawn sailed by on the boat waving and shouting to Kenny to which i can only assume is "I'm Pregnant!!!!" :p

JD

So Ash lost I wonder how the Penguinshippers are going to react to this *shudders*. But yeah the episode was pretty boring they should have atleast let Buizel win this one the thing's pretty much a punching bag now.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Ash lost... heck, just for the sake to give some reason to Dawn's departure after Sinnoh? He didn't need lose for it.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Yeah, Ash lost. I thought they will give to a main character a win over Kenny since it happened only more than 100 eps ago, but it didn't happen. But it was a good battle compared to the latest Buizel battles. Flint' vs Jasmine was pretty predictuble.

I wonder why they didn't show Ash's Cyndaquil in the flashback? It should have been a clue from his return.

It just finished airing there was a pretty good episode

The Flint Jasmine battle was short lived as Infernape crushed Steelix

Kenny beat Ash in a quite good battle. Kenny stormed off towards the end and Dawn and all got on the boat but Dawn left Kenny a note which i don't know what it said as i don't speak Japanese and then Dawn sailed by on the boat waving and shouting to Kenny to which i can only assume is "I'm Pregnant!!!!" :p

I thought she was saying "You suck Kenny" or "Oh my God! Why can't they kill Kenny?".

The episode was fine. I never expected from it anyways. Buizel being treating as a punching bag yet again. At least they gave Empoleon some redemption against a powerful Pokemon.

The main part was when Flint was talking to Ash about the league. I wonder if he gave Ash the idea to use the reserves?

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Ash lost? My god, if the writers were going to have him lose, couldn't they at least have had him use someone that doesn't desperately need a win? Meh.

*Sigh*

Hopefully Buizel redeems himself in the league. I sure hope Kenny doesn't think he's better than Ash with this little feat.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The episode was fine. I never expected from it anyways. Buizel being treating as a punching bag yet again. At least they gave Empoleon some redemption against a powerful Pokemon.

The main part was when Flint was talking to Ash about the league. I wonder if he gave Ash the idea to use the reserves?

The episode was quite boring to me, Jasmine didn't live up to my expectations.. I wonder about that little chat she had with Dawn that might had some persuasive connotations about what she'd do next. When Brock started talking to Kenny, I knew Kenny was going to win. So it didn't matter that my screen lagged the entire battle between Ash and him.

Wait? A Gym leader and Elite Four battled? Man, this was a freaking first for the animé and they decided to have her be oneshotted by Indistructape. That thing never gets any damage... jeez.

I agree with you, the part with Ash sitting down next to Flint was a fair bit intruiging. I wonder if what he said about Cynthia was something along the lines of: Yo dog, I made her pregnant! But it's probably something like it took me a few times to win the Sinnoh League, and I finally got to battle Cynthia and her Garchomp. But I don't know why Ash specifically asked for that, it's not like he's gonna win or something..

I admitably laughed though when the group walked into the pokemon center. All those kids running to Flint. It just confirmed my believes that he indeed is based of Ronald McDonald, cuz every kid loves McDonald's! xD

Edit: Ow and they fubbed up.. Kid Flint with a Monferno in a league battle, while in DP 165 he's seen as Adult Flint with Chimchar... GOOD JOB WRITERS FOR BEING CONSISTENT!

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Edit: Ow and they fubbed up.. Kid Flint with a Monferno in a league battle, while in DP 165 he's seen as Adult Flint with Chimchar... GOOD JOB WRITERS FOR BEING CONSISTENT!

Other than Flint possibly having more than one Chimchar-line, it really never made any sense that Flint had Chimchar since a child and it only just started to evolve after he was an adult and into Infernape.

So if anything, maybe the error was in DP165, maybe they realized "Whoops, maybe we made Flint too old, to suddenly have an Infernape, Chimchar should have evolved long before Flint became an adult."

Crikko

B r e a t h i n '
Ow and they fubbed up.. Kid Flint with a Monferno in a league battle, while in DP 165 he's seen as Adult Flint with Chimchar... GOOD JOB WRITERS FOR BEING CONSISTENT!

Ahahah that's true :D TIME WARP! Or maybe Flint was saying lies to Ash xD

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
^^ You guys are all wrong! That was clearly Ash's Monferno Flint had for that battle, which explains why it got such a small amount of screentime before it evolved :p

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Man Buizel lost again i was disgusted at the treatment it has been given, when they need someone to loose to random guy they use Buizel all the time, the episode didnt look bad but the Buizel situation is just stupid...

Whats the problem with Monferno? it might not have wanted to evolve at the time just like Bulbasaur, Pikachu, etc but then decided to.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Whats the problem with Monferno? it might not have wanted to evolve at the time just like Bulbasaur, Pikachu, etc but then decided to.

Since that was most directed towards at me. You're missing the point of the whole Monferno issue.

In DP165 Adult Flint was in a cave with Chimchar (I believe it was because it was raining). In this episode young Flint was seen with a Monferno.

The only reason why I said what I said, was because of the whole error. If it was still a Chimchar, in that scene, I'd probably be fine with Chimchar suddenly wanting to evolve fully after Flint was an adult. However because of the error, looking back, it made no sense, that Chimchar waited so long to evolve. Especially since we're dealing with an Elite Four Member here, aside from possible future gen interference (as in a Pokemon getting a future gen evolution), no Elite Four member or Champion, has unevolved Pokemon.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Ahn ok it wasnt at you i saw other poeple whining i didnt read your post completelly, yeah it was dumb then yet another fail like the double Pikachu and Ash having Hoenn clothes fightning Arbok with May and Max seeing if i remember well xD, they dont take much attention to details so its expectable i smiled when i saw Ash still had his old clothes against Jasmine but then Cyndaquil wasnt there and i cryed again.

dman_dustin

Ahn ok it wasnt at you i saw other poeple whining i didnt read your post completelly, yeah it was dumb then yet another fail like the double Pikachu and Ash having Hoenn clothes fightning Arbok with May and Max seeing if i remember well xD, they dont take much attention to details so its expectable i smiled when i saw Ash still had his old clothes against Jasmine but then Cyndaquil wasnt there and i cryed again.

Well keep in mind Pikachu did battle against her Steelix, Pikachu just simply lost. I think the reason Cyndaquil wasn't shown was for convenience sake. With it being Pikachu there doesn't need to be any explanation since Pikachu is always there.

But if Cyndaquil was shown, Ash would probably have to mention Cyndaquil for it to make sense. Which isn't bad continuity wise, but wasn't the point of the episode since Dawn would've likely had a "WHAT YOU ALSO HAVE A CYNDAQUIL" moment since aside from a few possible Pokemon I doubt Ash really told her all the Pokemon her ever had.

pokefandt

I haven't seen it yet.

From what I've read, all I can say is, Whisky Tango Hotel, writers!!

*sigh* Well, they've pulled this kind off stuff before, so it shouldn't be suprising to us anymore.