• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port (648)

Darkstorm16

Since that was most directed towards at me. You're missing the point of the whole Monferno issue.

In DP165 Adult Flint was in a cave with Chimchar (I believe it was because it was raining). In this episode young Flint was seen with a Monferno.

The only reason why I said what I said, was because of the whole error. If it was still a Chimchar, in that scene, I'd probably be fine with Chimchar suddenly wanting to evolve fully after Flint was an adult. However because of the error, looking back, it made no sense, that Chimchar waited so long to evolve. Especially since we're dealing with an Elite Four Member here, aside from possible future gen interference (as in a Pokemon getting a future gen evolution), no Elite Four member or Champion, has unevolved Pokemon.

I must say this guy is wrong.....we do an an Elite Four Member currently with an unevolved Pokemon....remember Aaron's Skorupi? anyways I liked the episode all Flint reminds me of is kinda like Ash in a way.

no Elite Four member or Champion, has unevolved Pokemon.

If we talk about games then I remember Lance using Dragonair and Drake using Shelgon.

As for Infernape learning Flare Blitz, there are only two better options that are Close Combat and Blast Burn. So learning Flare Blitz isnt the worst thing happening though I prefer Close Combat cause it makes ape look more bad*ss.

BlueDragonfangirl

I'm very disapointed with this episode.
Brock and Kenny make me sad. Poor saps that can't get love.
Wonder what Brock said that gave Kenny a push to win?
What? Was it you'll end up like me soon, Kenny No!!! The Horrors!!!
It was left in the opean of what Dawn will do, but I think we all sadly know.
I'll be shocked if she ends up staying.
Over all, a disapointing episode. Next weeks episode looks like fun though.

Well, Buizel's embarrassing loss was due to Ash's compulsion to mimic Oba's fighting style despite their inexperience. I would not blame on Buizel too much. But I wonder if we'll really see Oba challenging Sirona as Oba said he decided to challenge her soon.

If we talk about games then I remember Lance using Dragonair and Drake using Shelgon.
Even in the anime, Ash fought Drake's Shelgon with Pikachu once.

I'm not surprised anymore to see Ash losing against trainers he should school. Plus that Monferno/Chimchar error proves that writers have no real plotline to follow, excepts for badges and contests.. The anime is more now like a "Introduce a Pokémon, TR appear and Ash & cie will blast them off with the help of the newly introduced Pkmn.."

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
To be honest I was disappointed by this episode. It seems that all the episodes where Kenny appears aren't my faves...

Teshub

Banned
It looks like Kenny will still try out contests in Sinnoh.

As we have seen in the episode, he is not pleased at all that Dawn just left him hanging. His dispute with Ash is not really settled either, because he was hating on all the whole episode. Dawn still wants to travel with Ash, she did not mention anything else about catching up travel with Kenny.

This episode was made to cut off all ties from the old rivalry/childhood thing. Now Dawn can begin a new journey in without of baggage like Kenny and Pikari.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Kenny is off to Johto. Thats why Jasmine was there.

Very good episode in my opinion. Flint is starting to become an important character now. He's teaching Ash alot of things now, although Ash still lost while using Flint's style.

Dawn decides she will stay with Ash. Even though Kenny won, she still refused his offer because she wanted to stay with Ash. Its really funny how jealous he was in the beginning. It was so obvious.

BM14murph

Master Collector
It looks like Kenny will still try out contests in Sinnoh.

As we have seen in the episode, he is not pleased at all that Dawn just left him hanging. His dispute with Ash is not really settled either, because he was hating on all the whole episode. Dawn still wants to travel with Ash, she did not mention anything else about catching up travel with Kenny.

This episode was made to cut off all ties from the old rivalry/childhood thing. Now Dawn can begin a new journey in without of baggage like Kenny and Pikari.

Em Kenny is just finished trying out contests in Sinnoh :S

I don't know about translations but from what i saw of the episode but Kenny finished up pretty happy because of what Dawn said at the end with the letter

You did see the episode right?

Well, people are really upset with the one last hurrah win, aren't they? I don't get Buizel? One moment he's a powerhouse who wins anything then he's like "6:00PM, well Infernape IT'S YOUR SHIFT!!" Then he just stops caring bout fights and just fails. Damn if only if they had Gliscor, then they could've used her as a punching bat.

Teshub

Banned
Em Kenny is just finished trying out contests in Sinnoh :S

I don't know about translations but from what i saw of the episode but Kenny finished up pretty happy because of what Dawn said at the end with the letter

You did see the episode right?

I would have expected him to go with Jasmine, they seem to go different ways. Either way there are many other places in Sinnoh with contest competitions. He can try the Sinnoh GF because he didnt even make it past the appeals. He should at least do that before heading to another region.

Dawn said that there is no point in traveling together, as coordinators they see each other here and there (just like they found Jasmine). Remember, Kenny was asking for her to travel with him.

He was upset Dawn chose Ash over him, even thought the condition was that Dawn was obligated to go to him if he won. He only got happy when Dawn gave him some encouragement, its called sportsmanship. Overall, Dawn feels zero connection to Kenny, at least not the same emotion she has for Ash.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

Yeah, not knowing the language for an episode likes this sucks. What did Jasmine say to Dawn, what did the letter to Kenny say?

Letter said she's just friends with Kenny and they'll most likely meet up again in the Grand Festival as they did last time. Jasmine tolled Dawn that she can choose her own path I think from what I heard.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm just wondering if this will give any hints as to who is or isn't joining Ash in Issuh?