• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port (648)

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I'm not quite sure who to blame the battle on, Ash or Buizel. For one thing, Ash knew that Kenny would be going with Empoleon, so if he was really serious, he would have gone with Pikachu or Infernape or even Torterra. After comparing their previous appearances, I'd come to the conclusion that Buizel was about the same power level as Empoleon, but I was apparently wrong. That poor little weasel got slaughtered. Hopefully he'll do better in the League.

Well, the battle seemed to stem from the night training (despite the fact that I can't make heads or tails of what they're saying). After Ash was training Buizel, Buizel's Sonicboom was aimed at Empoleon by accident, and that set the two up for the eventual battle. If it weren't for that training, we might have seen some different (better) battle.

I'm wondering what the Infernape thing was. Ash sent out his to watch Flint's, which could be a foreshadow of Flare Blitz? Personally I'm for Blast Burn, but I guess Flare Blitz couldn't hurt either.

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master
why did Flint talk about Cynthia all time? Is he going to challange here??

when can I get the music that played when Jasmine sent out Steelix?

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
Ha ha, wow, way to lose to a coordinator again Ash. Good luck in the Sinnoh league. FD

And we continue to have the E4 shoved in our face even though the whole foreshadowing thing will be a waste cause Ash will never have the chance to fight them in an important battle.

Yappy

Only appears occasionally
From reading your posts Teshub (and not just in here) you're almost - or are - making it sound like Hikari doesn't care for Kengo as a friend. If that's so then why was Hikari very happy to see Kengo in the beginning of this episode? And she was also happy when Kengo mentioned something about the Grand Festival (I'm guessing he said he watched Hikari's final battle). That shows she still thinks of Kengo as her friend despite the amount of times he has teased her.

And btw I am not into shipping.

Teshub

Banned
From reading your posts Teshub (and not just in here) you're almost - or are - making it sound like Hikari doesn't care for Kengo as a friend. If that's so then why was Hikari very happy to see Kengo in the beginning of this episode? And she was also happy when Kengo mentioned something about the Grand Festival (I'm guessing he said he watched Hikari's final battle). That shows she still thinks of Kengo as her friend despite the amount of times he has teased her.

Dawn is a kind and caring person. She felt bad for Kenny when he failed at the appeals. Kenny can be considered a friend of hers.

The point is that some people have a special place compared to others. When it comes to Dawn, this person is not Kenny. The whole episode Kenny really gave off a negative vibe when he saw how naturally Ash and Dawn interacted and how close their relationship was. They are like best friends or even special friends.

This show uses basic morals, ie. what is right and wong. There is nothing more basic than types of friendships.

Ha ha, wow, way to lose to a coordinator again Ash. Good luck in the Sinnoh league. FD.

They actually gave a reason he lost. He was trying to imitate Flints battling style. It didn't help that he used one of his weaker Pokemon, against a Coordinators star again either. It was plot, Kenny isn't better than Ash.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Poor Kenny, i'm glad he won for once! If he lost he would look even more lame.

Who knows, he might get the girl at the end.

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
That's the thing, if he's making such bad mistakes this late in the arc and losing one-sided battles to amateur coordinators, he either needs to move back home and open a daycare center, or pray the DEM gods like him enough to make any decent progress in the league.

Hell, a while back his Monferno was owned badly by wild Pokemon. Yes said wild Pokemon were Metagross and Magnezone, but so what? Trainers in the league will probably be USING said Pokemon, and if his team is getting beat up this late in, he's doomed.

So my point still stands.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Ash lost to Kenny? Good luck in the league Ash! If Ash defeats Paul and not Kenny than i would just laugh my head off, like Ash can beat Bradon and not Paul. lol.

A poor Buizel, used as a punching bag again, the writers sure love to see the poor water type pokemon used over and over again without winning.

But im interested in what the letter says and where is Kenny going.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Ash trying to immitate Flint huh? Maybe he could pull off that stunt in the League, but atleast he could've put more of a fight against Kenny, if not win.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Ash lost to Kenny? Good luck in the league Ash! If Ash defeats Paul and not Kenny than i would just laugh my head off, like Ash can beat Bradon and not Paul. lol.

A poor Buizel, used as a punching bag again, the writers sure love to see the poor water type pokemon used over and over again without winning.

But im interested in what the letter says and where is Kenny going.

Quoting from last page, the letter said this

...Im sorry. After all, I want to support Ash when he challanges the Sinnoh League.
I intend to decide my future goal after that.
...However, only this can be said clearly.
My dream is to become a top coordinator.
I don't know when it will happen, but it will surely come true.
People who have the same goal can surely meet somewhere.

As for the battle, that seemed to way to convenient of a setup for the battle if you ask me. I mean sure it was set up from the training the night before, but how exactly does a tree deflect a Sonicboom. If they wanted a training related accident, they should have gone for something a little more convincing. Shame as if it hadnt been for that deciding which pokemon we could have gotten a better battle like maybe even Torterra getting itself a win since it hasn't had one since evolving. Not to mention seeing 2 fully evolved starters going at each other is always fun to watch.

One thing I'd like to know though is, what exactly was Jasmine doing in Sinnoh. I know that they asked her about the gym, but I couldn't understand her response.

What I meant is no E4 member nor Champion has a true unevolved form. They always have the fully evolved form somewhere on them. Like let's create a dragon Pokemon line right now: Dragini evolves into Dragana which evolves into Dragoness. No E4 member nor Champion would only have Dragana they would likely have Dragoness and if and only if they specialized in dragons and the choice was limited would they choose Dragana.

Actually I know the reason why Lance used Dragonair in his team and why Drake used two Fylgon in his team. It was because they could only choose Pokemon from Hoenn dex. But when in third game(i.e Emerald) Hoenn dex was expanded and Kingdra was added to it Drake can replaced one Flygon with Kingdra. In case of Lance, there was only one Dragon type line in RB thats why he has to choose those Dragonite and Dragonair and some others who looked like Dragon i.e Charizard, Gyarados and Aerodactyl.

Wow, you sure showed those guys.

Really?

On Topic: I hope they pass the punching bag role to someone else. I feel sorry for the weasel. Ever since the Hearthome he has been beaten badly by everyone.

Lily Nadesico

Sigh... nothing expresses my feelings for this episode better than a good palm to the face.

Once again, Ash falls victim to the Strong As They Need To Be trope: after defeating Volkner - the strongest Gym Leader in all Sinnoh - in an awesome battle, the writers make him do some very stupid mistakes and have him lose to someone who shouldn't even be able to give him trouble in the very next episode. Really, are we expected to honestly believe that after all those battles, training and tests of characters, an experienced trainer would send a Buizel against an Empoleon? The mind boggles.

Just like his latest match with, ugh, Paul (sorry, I hate the guy): Ash wouldn't have lost so crushingly if he hadn't magically forgot all he had learned about Pokemon battles...

Still, I'm glad Dawn refused to go with Kenny. I mean, seriously, is she a prize or something?

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Ok, after actually watching the episode now, I don't mind Buizel's loss. Ash was trying out a new battling style after all. It seems that Flint's style is in general to negate the opponents attacks through blocks or your own attacks, then strike back with full power attacks. Though it's quite a tankish style, which we know Ash doesn't do too well with! Hopefully he'll implement it quite well in the league.

Does anyone know what Brock was saying to Kenny? It's fairly obvious he knows that Kenny likes Dawn.

Lily Nadesico

Ok, after actually watching the episode now, I don't mind Buizel's loss. Ash was trying out a new battling style after all. It seems that Flint's style is in general to negate the opponents attacks through blocks or your own attacks, then strike back with full power attacks. Though it's quite a tankish style, which we know Ash doesn't do too well with! Hopefully he'll implement it quite well in the league.

That's what annoys me about the whole business. Ash should know better than to try another person's fighting style at this point. It was just a cheap excuse to hand Kenny the win.

PikaGalReika

PikachuWuver!
On the "Buizel Lost!? Topic"

Well, the battle seemed to stem from the night training (despite the fact that I can't make heads or tails of what they're saying). After Ash was training Buizel, Buizel's Sonicboom was aimed at Empoleon by accident, and that set the two up for the eventual battle. If it weren't for that training, we might have seen some different (better) battle.

Yes, an excuse on the fact that Buizel lost is that Ash was trying out Flint's battle style, block then counter... This doesn't mean Ash is weak or anything, but poor Buizel... I don't think he's won any major battles yet, hasn't he?

Odd? How could a tree deflect repeated hits from a Sonic Boom attack? That incident was why Ash went with Buizel... but if it hadn't happened, would he fight just as... hard with some other Pokemon of his? Or would he loose with someone like Pikachu with the Block-then-Counter Tactic?

It seemed like Brock knows about Kenny's... feelings for Dawn, whether romantic or not, since he has a knowing look throughout the episode... Hopefully, someone will be able to translate his pep talk...
----
Yes, I'm a PenguinShipper, so hopefully, nothing I said was harsh or... mean or anything offensive...
----

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
That's what annoys me about the whole business. Ash should know better than to try another person's fighting style at this point. It was just a cheap excuse to hand Kenny the win.

But if it comes back to him in a good way in the league, then the loss will have been for a good cause, no? Personally, it's not so much that he lost against Kenny that annoyed me, but that he lost at all this close to the league. I was worried about an obvious good showing in the league looking forced after so many losses, but this development could make Ash's wins in the league look very good indeed. League wins>wins against randomers IMO :)