• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port (648)

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
It was the former. I guess that's the only convincing way the writers could think of for Kenny to beat Ash. At this point though I no longer give a damn. Ash is battling Nando next week who has alot more interesting Pokemon ( aside form Kenny's Alakazam), and is probably a better battler too.

I know that Ash will duel Nando next week. But I hope that Ash and Kenny remain as friends after that battle. I understand that Kenny have some feelings for Dawn, and on his way to the next region for the next Grand Festival. And hopefully Kenny cheer Ash and Barry on to take out the pokejerk who mistreats pokemon in the Sinnoh League.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
This series has fallen to a series of patterns that have some twists as it gets older. While people find that Ash is rediclous for losing and that at this page he should "pack up", let's look back on his previous adventures.
Ash has lost in every Pokemon League so far (excluding the non-game-canon Orange Islands). One can only expect the writers to repeat this in Sinnoh.
By experimenting with new strategies, one can't just say Ash is weak. He came across a new technique and wanted to test it for himself.
A rigid stategy would get Ash nowhere. Flexibility will only open his eyes to new important skills, even if he loses in the League to some new kid he just happened to meet before he loses (like nobody else saw that pattern, we know it's bound to repeat).
Confusion after Ash lost to Kenny is like freaking out when he lost to Roark. One would expect Ash to win by now but the writers like to pull out nice "surprises".
Plus, it was a good "tension" episode before Dawn's inevitable departure. Say what you want about shippings, but I highly doubt the writers will solidify any relationship for Dawn. She'll go her own way, Ash to Ishuu, and nobody really has to worry about her until halfway through the next region series (where she'll lose to the new girl).

This series has fallen to a series of patterns that have some twists as it gets older. While people find that Ash is rediclous for losing and that at this page he should "pack up", let's look back on his previous adventures.
Ash has lost in every Pokemon League so far (excluding the non-game-canon Orange Islands). One can only expect the writers to repeat this in Sinnoh.
By experimenting with new strategies, one can't just say Ash is weak. He came across a new technique and wanted to test it for himself.
A rigid stategy would get Ash nowhere. Flexibility will only open his eyes to new important skills, even if he loses in the League to some new kid he just happened to meet before he loses (like nobody else saw that pattern, we know it's bound to repeat).
Confusion after Ash lost to Kenny is like freaking out when he lost to Roark. One would expect Ash to win by now but the writers like to pull out nice "surprises".
Plus, it was a good "tension" episode before Dawn's inevitable departure. Say what you want about shippings, but I highly doubt the writers will solidify any relationship for Dawn. She'll go her own way, Ash to Ishuu, and nobody really has to worry about her until halfway through the next region series (where she'll lose to the new girl).

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Valid points, but live and let live, die and let die.. If there's never going to be change we will lose the chance to hope and root for Ash.. and where would be the fun in that? That's like going to say that Ash will lose the league when he steps his first step in Isshu. What would be the point of rooting for him then? I'm one of the people who believes that the journey is just as important, but when you discount the end trajectory, then what's the point?

saar

Shiny Flygon
I have to say Ash and Kenny's battle was pretty surprising for me. Ash wouldn't have lost if he was using Pikachu, but they probably haven't had the chance to repeat the Pikachu-Empoleon battle.

Anyway, Buizel quite was weak, and unfortunately all what it did in the battle is to dodge from Emp's moves.

And oh, I completely forgot Jasmine! She is just amazing. Loved her outfit.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well, I'm glad Kenny got a chance to redeem himself, even if it was all done at Ash's expense lol. I was sad to see a professional like Ash lose to a newbie like Kenny, but I was even more pleased that Kenny and Empoleon fought a hard battle. Seeing Jasmine again was the best part of the episode. I didn't think we'd see her again and she was probably added just to appease fans. It's too bad she didn't have any new Pokemon though; Steelix is so overused in the anime. I loved Flint's return but I can't believe after all this time in Olivine that Jasmine still lost to him. Well, at least we learned some more about Flint's childhood, so all in all, it was a good episode right after the Gym battle, 8/10.

raz1337

Miju Miju!
Yeah, this should be airing in 3 1/2 weeks. Serebii should have the title very soon.

One thing I just realized - This is the first time we see Jasmine since the voice actors switched. Does this mean Jasmine might have a different VA?

According to TV.com, Tara Sands voiced Jasmine in the Johto saga. Her last voice acting in Pokemon was You're a Star, Larvitar! Are we going to hear a different Jasmine? :(

SmartD

It was a great episode. We got to see Jasmine again with some battles between her and Flint, and Ash and Kenny. I wonder who voiced Jasmine in this episode. The Sinnoh League is almost here, I'm really excited to see it.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Man have I been looking forward to this episode. Now that Ash has 8 badges for the Sinnoh League, it's time to head straight for it!

Best thing I looked forward to in this episode was to see Jasmine, and it was great to have her around for the whole episode. I enjoyed it when Brock flirted with Jasmine this time again, and comments they meet each other again because it's true faith like that. xD Oh Brock. I might need to watch her first appearance in the Johto saga, and compare VA. But I dont think I would need to, her voice sounded quite the same.

Jasmine VS Flint was incredible short, but I suppose I cant complain. There was more to come in the episode, and as long as Jasmine is happy with learning more, eh.

And it looks like shes taken interest in learning about Contests, but hasn't really competed in them for all we know. But glad to see shes got light in that competition as Gym battles. Im also glad to have seen some interaction with her and Dawn, when Dawn was figuring out what to do; cheer for Ash or move on with a journey. You can always count on Jasmine to help out anyway possible. ^^ Im glad the writers treated Jasmine fairly well for her one only Sinnoh appearance.

Brock's Advice to Kenny was odd too. And totally random. Guess he wanted some of the spotlight in the situation.

Nice to see Flint from the previous episode I suppose, but it was interesting to say the least he's had a Monferno while still in his younger age.

Ash VS Kenny may have been short, but it was intense though. Kenny seemed to be more powerful for all I can come out with. Shame for Ash, Kenny took the win in a short time. But I couldnt expect less from using Empoleon.

Im glad in the end, Dawn decided to go with Ash to cheer him on for the Sinnoh League. I wouldnt expect her to join Kenny on a journey after these 4 years of development. : P I'm glad she left a note though, the tiny Piplup statue over it was cute too. x3 But it was really nice of her, and her PS note. XD She think he was handsome when she defeated Ash. Lol. They must like eachother.

The episode ended nicely with the title too: Four Roads Diverged in a Pokemon Port. Jasmine returns to the Olivine Gym, Flint gets ready to battle Cynthia, Kenny goes off on his new journey, and Ash/Dawn/Brock set sail for the Sinnoh League. With Team Rocket following them of course. : P

Vernikova

Champion
I'm happy that Jasmine actually was able to appear in Sinnoh. And I enjoyed the battle she had with Flint even though that was very one-sided with Flint really dominating the match. Other than that it was a pretty boring episode for me since I'm not into Dawn x Kenny.

Torpoleon

I like how they had Jasmine appear in Sunyshore City in the anime like what she does in the games. I also liked seeing Kenny & Flint reappearing. Flint would obviously beat Jasmine. Too bad Ash lost to Kenny, but at least Dawn is still traveling with him. It's obvious that Kenny has feelings for Dawn. I can't wait to see if Flint actually manages to beat Cynthia!
10/10

Dattebayo

Banned
I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad about this episode. Happy for Jazz's appearance (seriously, she's the most beautiful gym leader ever) and sad about the foreshadow of Dawn's fate making me nervous that if she'll ever appear in a possible Super Smash Bros. 4 to make my dream come true.

Teshub

Banned
I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad about this episode. Happy for Jazz's appearance (seriously, she's the most beautiful gym leader ever) and sad about the foreshadow of Dawn's fate making me nervous that if she'll ever appear in a possible Super Smash Bros. 4 to make my dream come true.

?

The good thing about the dub is that we can understand the parallelisms they tried to portray. Ash got advice from Flint which made him lose a pokemon battle. Kenny got advice from Brock, but he lost at the battle of the heart.
Jasmine and Flint were also alike, as they strive to defeat someone stronger than them but end up losing anyway. At the end we see Brock crying because Flint ended up with Jasmine...and you know how that goes. But at the same oken, Ash ended up with Dawn for the time being. Overall the last scene was like a lesson on how girls should properly turn down stalkerish guys. Avoid direct contact, appease them with nice words in a letter and promise they will surely see each other. Yet Dawn didn't continue on a journey she stayed in Twinleaf and had other plans.

Last edited:

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
Overall the last scene was like a lesson on how girls should properly turn down stalkerish guys. Avoid direct contact, appease them with nice words in a letter and promise they will surely see each other. Yet Dawn didn't continue on a journey she stayed in Twinleaf and had other plans.

Uh...Kenny and Dawn are still friends, no one's a stalker, stop trying to spin characters for your own little PearlShippy world.

I liked seeing Jasmine here, haven't seen her in a while, and it was also cool to hear about Flint battling Cynthia in the future.

Teshub

Banned
Uh...Kenny and Dawn are still friends, no one's a stalker, stop trying to spin characters for your own little PearlShippy world.

I liked seeing Jasmine here, haven't seen her in a while, and it was also cool to hear about Flint battling Cynthia in the future.

Dawn felt uncomfortable being around Kenny after he tried to intrude into her personal plans. And got really happy when she was finally gone from him.

If a guy comes to you and gets upset when you talk to your friend, and then tells you come with me if I beat him at basketball, how would you feel?

Candy-Sama

Kawaii Power
This episode felt a bit like a Dawn/Kenny/Ash shippy plot was forced into the same episode as a Flint/Jasmine cheesy-advice-for-Trainers-on-their-journey plot. I liked how it was linked together and I liked that Jasmine got an appearance (since she is in Sunyshore City in the games), it just felt a bit squished.

I hate, hate hate Kenny's voice. It sounds like a kid with a high-pitched voice trying to imitate a grown-up or something.

I liked the part where Kenny was staring at Dawn when she was talking to Ash and when she noticed him and asked what was wrong, he started to cheer Jasmine on. It reminds me of the episode where Dawn battled Johanna and Brock kept trying to flirt with Noelle, but pretended to cheer for them when Croagunk looked at him threateningly.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Episodes like this are ones which I always need to wait for the dub version of to really get what's going on, since there are several long periods of discussion between the characters. There aren't enough of this kind of episode- just taking a couple of familiar characters from the huge cast and having them encounter Ash and friends simultaneously, then seeing how everybody interracts with each other. Like Flint battling Jasmine- the writers took two characters who you encounter in Sunyshore and gave them reasons to battle each other, while also giving a nice conclusion to Kenny's role on the show. It's always more interesting to see Ash meet other trainers on their own journeys than just happening upon inconsequential one-off characters. I just wish that the writers didn't have to take a cue from the games in order to do something unusual like having Jasmine experiment with contests, and would think of these return appearances for themselves.