• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port (648)

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was kinda good. It was cool to see Jasmine again; my only favorite Johto gym leader. Meowth's idea for Floatzel was not one of the best. I'm not really fond of Steelix's voice in this episode. It's voice back in Johto was far more awesome.

Jabberwocky

May Contain Nuts
I don't know what the problem was in this episode, but to me almost all the voice acting just felt wrong. The actors put on cardboard performances, and overall it felt a little forced. But hey, Jasmine and Flint in the same episode. Can't go wrong with that.

AmericanPi

Write on
Whoo! A gym leader from Johto! :)

I liked the part about Brock giving Kenny advice about girls; so funny!

My sister got all hyped up about the end Dawn's letter to Kenny. She kept reciting, "P.S. And by the way, Kenny, you looked kind of handsome in the contest!" in a girly voice. It was funny the first time she said it, but by the third time she said it, I got sick of it. :p

Vernikova

Champion
They so ruined Jasmine's voice. :( She sounded like a 7 year old girl in this episode. Tara Sands at least made her sound like a mature woman. Someone said she had the same VA as Dawn, Veronica Taylor I think is her name? Sigh. I didn't know Kenny's VA changed also. I thought something was up with how he sounded.

Dawn's VA is Emily Jenness. I also agree that Kenny sounded really weird in this episode. Well, it matched his equally weird actions in this episode. He was pretty aggressive in trying to convince Dawn to go with his but I guess he likes her that much.

MasterofAura

Okey, i really have to say that this serie has gone downhill... First Buizel get a** kicked again. What happened to that power house we saw in that episode where Ash first time meet Buizel. My first reaction on Buizel from that episode was ''Wow, that pokemon would be really big help for Ash's team'', but now Buizel gets beaten every single time... Second, TR position on the serie is so worthless nowadays. What happened to that ''good'' old TR? This is probably least Pokemon season i'm going to watch. Its actually pretty sad how the writers have manage to ruin this show :(

MasterofAura

Okey, i really have to say that this serie has gone downhill... First Buizel get a** kicked again. What happened to that power house we saw in that episode where Ash first time meet Buizel. My first reaction on Buizel from that episode was ''Wow, that pokemon would be really big help for Ash's team'', but now Buizel gets beaten every single time... Second, TR position on the serie is so worthless nowadays. What happened to that ''good'' old TR? This is probably least Pokemon season i'm going to watch. Its actually pretty sad how the writers have manage to ruin this show :(

Kojo

All I have to say about this episode is:

the penguinshipping, it buuuuuuurnnnnsss

Also, guess I wasn't the only one who noticed Jasmine's voice sounds almost exactly like Dawn's.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Whee, Penguinshipping! I can't remember the last time I saw any kind of shipping revolved around so blatantly in an episode, and I kind of liked it. Too bad it had to come at the cost of Buizel's ego.

Seriously, Buizel's better than that. It may not be as strong as Pikachu and Infernape, and probably Torterra and Gliscor as well, but it's undeniably a powerful Pokemon, and if the circumstances had been different, than I believe that it at least would have tied against Empoleon. But oh well, Kenny kind of needed a win there.

And at the end, I actually had to rewind the episode to even notice that Piplup was there. How often does that happen?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Whee, Penguinshipping! I can't remember the last time I saw any kind of shipping revolved around so blatantly in an episode, and I kind of liked it. Too bad it had to come at the cost of Buizel's ego.

Seriously, Buizel's better than that. It may not be as strong as Pikachu and Infernape, and probably Torterra and Gliscor as well, but it's undeniably a powerful Pokemon, and if the circumstances had been different, than I believe that it at least would have tied against Empoleon. But oh well, Kenny kind of needed a win there.

And at the end, I actually had to rewind the episode to even notice that Piplup was there. How often does that happen?

I couldn't believe it either!

This was a meh episode. It was annoying how Flint doesn't finish the story, or how they failed to mention Infernape's weakness to Steelix's Ground type.

Brock trying to help Kenny with Dawn was kinda weird.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I liked this episode more than I thought I would. It was great to see Jasmine, and interesting to hear about Flint more. The episode felt a bit more mature than it usually is. Kenny is actually in love with Dawn, and Dawn made a move. (Your handsome Kenny.) It also kind of felt like it was a final episode, because the ending was sad.

Kenny got a great goodbye. 8.5/10.

Teshub

Banned
I liked this episode more than I thought I would. It was great to see Jasmine, and interesting to hear about Flint more. The episode felt a bit more mature than it usually is. Kenny is actually in love with Dawn, and Dawn made a move. (Your handsome Kenny.) It also kind of felt like it was a final episode, because the ending was sad.

Kenny got a great goodbye. 8.5/10.

That was dubbed added, in the Japanese episode she said "you looked kind of cool beating Ash", but it was a lie because the moment Kenny won she looked distraught.

darksteel460

slice and dice
i agree with foxyman1167 what was with that cliffhanger flint not finishing his story, i thought it was a pretty good episode i like how jasmine and flint versed but i dont like so much how easily he beat her i know trainers beat gym leaders all the time and none stand a chance agaonst any of the E4 but still i would'e liked jasmine to have put up a better fight than that

raz1337

Miju Miju!
i agree with foxyman1167 what was with that cliffhanger flint not finishing his story, i thought it was a pretty good episode i like how jasmine and flint versed but i dont like so much how easily he beat her i know trainers beat gym leaders all the time and none stand a chance agaonst any of the E4 but still i would'e liked jasmine to have put up a better fight than that

There's more to come on that Flint stuff. I won't say what if you haven't seen it.

Tom Greenville

Well, go back on for one more time and this account is still registered. Who knew?

Anyway, looking at all of the discussion got me bit again. I'm surprised that the postscript was just dub-modified, though that wouldn't change your point, Teshub. To which I respond with "she looked distraught because she was under the pressure of a Yes/No Ultimatium from Kenny."

I'm thinking Future!Lisa said it best back in a Season 1 Episode of The Simpsons (I'm working off of a far memory here...) (emphasis mine.)

It's not that I don't like you, Milhouse; it's just that I don't see myself marrying anybody.

But that line about the source of her distress got me thinking...

Some guy takes interest in Ash's female traveling partner. Said guy and Ash go into battle with the other guy clearly fighting for the girl's favor and Ash clueless over his opponent's intentions. In fact, said guy puts said girl on the spot with a Yes/No Ultimatium the night before. Said guy wins the first round. Said female traveling partner, while acknowledging that the guy is attractive, (or lying through her teeth to get him off the trail,) travels with Ash even still.

We certainly haven't seen this before...

except that we have. Waaaaaaaaaay back in Season 2 (actually, the Season 3 Opener by American count).

That's right! This episode could just as well have been titled Dawn Meets Her Match. The two chief differences were that Rudi was a Gym Leader and Kenny was a Childhood Friend, and that Kenny had the good sense to keep it 1-on-1. (Otherwise, Ash would've turned it around.)

On the other hand, Rudi had the good sense to surrender in person. i.e. Misty didn't have to leave him a note.

But I can excuse Dawn for that... because, due to the fact he didn't stay through the entire GF to cheer for her, I see Kenny as a coward.

What he should've done to "prove" his crush on Dawn was to stay with Ash and Brock and cheer on Dawn throughout the battle rounds. (Dressing up as a cheerleader for the final vs. Zoey would be optional, but earn bonus points. It's up to Dawn as to whether those points would be positive or negative.) Then, after Dawn lets him down "gently", Zoey (herself having been just let down by Dawn declining her invitation) could swoop in and invite him to her victory party in Dawn's stead. (The reasons for declining Zoey's invitation and for refusing Kenny seem similar, except Zoey didn't put any pressure on Dawn.) At which point, we would have a very interesting addition to TVTropes' "Pair The Spares" page.

Ah well...

Graham Aker

I wonder if the writers actually expect the viewers to believe that Kenny can beat Ash after all this time. They must have reallt felt sorry for him, so they made that "Flint Battling style" failure plot device to mak Kenny look competent.

Last edited:

Brumrha

Banned
Finally, my laptop stopped being a ^%$%#. Now I can get this going.

- So, we're still in Sunyshore, & it's because Ash didn't make the ferry to the League first thing in the morning, so he & the gang are marooned here for at least another day. Wonderful...
- Back outside, we see a familiar face: Kenny?? What the hell is he still doing here?!
- Actually, he was discussing about contests with Jasmine from Olivine, of all people. She apparently has some free time to herself, as she had the insight to get someone else to watch her gym.
- Seeing that she's here, Brock's Sex-O-Vision goes out of control... until Croagunk shows up & brings him down to his knees...
- Even better, Flint of the lEEt four also drops in, & moments later, he challenges her to a fight.
- This fight becomes a bit one-sided, seeing as to how gym leaders can't really match up to an lEEt four member.
- Kenny then gets the bright idea to challenge Ash to a fight as well. Man, this place is starting to become a full-blown war-zone, hmm?
- In this particular fight, it'll be Buizel vs Empoleon, & if Ash loses, Dawn has to leave with Kenny... or will she...?
- The fight begins, & Ash tries to emulate Flint's bombastic performance, but since Empoleon is much stronger, it results in Buizel betting blown away.
- Next day, & surprise! Dawn's not going with Kenny! It'd be really weird if she did accept.
- & thus, they all seperate; Kenny goes out of this region altogether, Ash goes to the league, Flint goes off to challenge Cynthia, & Jasmine goes back to the gym.

The real killing point in this is Ash being schooled by a coordinator, of all people. For me, this is more than outrageous, it's downright @#$%ing humiliating! He needs, needs, needs to get his &%$ into gear yesterday. Otherwise, he's not going to go past the first round in the Sinnoh League...