1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port (648)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Diamond & Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors' started by Serebii, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Graham Aker

Graham Aker Well-Known Member

At least they had a reason for him losing. Besides Kenny needed a win BADLY. He's been the whipping boy of Sinnoh. Yes it's a stupid plot device with the flint battling style thing, but they had to make Kenny's win realistic.

As for the League...he does fine, don't worry. But I'm sure you already have a general idea of how the league went down anyway.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  2. Teshub

Teshub Banned

Believe it or not the plot of this episode has a resemblance to Beauty and the Beast. In the final battle, the Beast who is stronger than Gaston appears to have an advantage, but Gaston's cunning and perseverance enables him to defeat the Beast.
    Of course, Gaston was blinded by jealously because he realized Belle loved what he considers to be a monster. In the end Gaston is done over by his trick and Belle is shown to be at the Beast's side to the very end.
    I am sure there are plenty of similar themes like this in other literature, where the hero loses in a battle but the maiden chooses him over an antagonist and his scruples.

3. Typhlosion Trainer

Typhlosion Trainer Fire Trainer

This episode was a decent one. I dont care that much that Ash lost to Kenny. Kenny was desprate to win that battle.

4. Rebeccag

Rebeccag Well-Known Member

Enjoyed this episode I liked the one sided penguinshipping from Kenny although was slightly gutted Kenny beat Ash but Kennyw anted to win more so *shrugs*. Liked seeing Jasmine as well and also Flint as well cant wait for Flint to battle Cynthia ^_^

5. Lance The Champ

Lance The Champ The Aura Guardian

Ash's buizel is stronger than Kenny's Empoleon. Buizel should have won that battle

MockingJ likes this.
  6. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

I think Ash was holding back in this match. If there was something else like a ticket or badge on the line he probably would have won. Besides, Ash didn't care if Dawn left or not. She knows that Ash had put all of his gym matches and league on hold for her and her stupid Contests so it's only right for her to support him in the league.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  7. Graham Aker

Graham Aker Well-Known Member

He wasn't holding back, he was trying to imitate Flint's battling style. Only to fail at doing so. If this were a League match he would have used something with a type advantage like Pikachu, and most likely won. I doubt Kenny Empoleon is any stronger than Barry's.

Really the only reason, why Jasmine battled Flint int he first place was for Ash to get set up with a realistic loss to someone like Kenny.

8. DarkWobbuffet

DarkWobbuffet BEEEEAAAARR!!!

Jasmine: Hi, I'm here to get curb stomped by Flint to further drive into everyone's skulls how stupidly overpowered the Elite Four are.

9. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

In the games Jasmine appears in a Contests, so I guess Jasmine being one of Dawn's contest opponents would have been a better idea.

But it seemed like she was only here to see Flint destroy her.

10. Cool how they made it so the gang run in to Jasmine while on their way to the Sinnoh League, just like in the games.

11. G50

G50 No longer posting

This episode was ok... It was cool to see a battle between Ash and Kenny. Interesting how Ash and Buizel lost to Kenny and his Empoleon. It was cool to see Jasmine again, very similar to the game, they see her on the way to the Pokemon League. It was cool to see Jasmine and Flint battle each other, for the 1st time there was a Gym Leader vs E4 battle. Flint defeated Jasmine's Steelix very easily with his Infernape.

65/100

12. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

Yeah but they could have had him battle someone else for that. If Ash wanted to train, he could have done Jasmine instead. That way it wouldn't seem worst than it was.

13. Littlemyuu

Littlemyuu Orig. Solar-Sceptile

Nice to see Jasmine comming back for a little while, the battle was also really awesome

14. I'm kind of glad Ash didn't win here, since that would have made every Empoleon in the show look like crap. Too bad Buizel lost. I feel bad for the pokemon, losing like that. Oh well. Who cares.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  15. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

Why didn't Kenny ask to battle with Dawn and that if he won, she could travel with her? I hate it when people challenge the wrong person having nothing to do with the problem.

16. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Too bad this is Kenny's last episode (that we know of), but at least he got a really sweet sendoff. :) I liked the ending where Kenny found out Dawn's decision on what to do next, it was sweet. It was also nice seeing Jasmine again. Of course we know from the games that she'd show up, but with the drought we've been having of pre-Unova characters in seasons 14-15 this episode makes me miss the days of old characters showing up.

7/10

17. TurtwigFan1

TurtwigFan1 burning it down

What a cute episode! Lots of Dawn x Kenny action going on. Her letter to Kenny was so adorable - I loved it when she called him handsome ^^! Nice to see Jasmine again, I really enjoyed her Johto arc - weird to see her all these years later. It was also nice to see Kenny actually get a win in - he's not had much luck throughout Sinnoh. Off to the Sinnoh League now!

18. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

It's really sad how close minded you are sometimes. She wanted to battle to futher her training. Paul did it with Cynthia and so did Ash with Prima. Just because they lose doesn't mean they can't learn from it or it doesn't mean they shouldn't give it a try. This made me like Jasmine more because of her courage and not some other gymleaders who don't even want to try. That's what gets me upset.

19. Sorren&Rocko

Sorren&Rocko Now managed by Rocko

I saw Flint somewhere in Northeast Unova... He told me about this episode. So Rocko saw it. He said it was amazing. Kenny was amazing. Jasmine was cute, but this episode was cool.

20. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Well-Known Member Staff Member

It was great to see Jasmine appear again in this episode. Flint too, I really like him. These two were the main reason that I wanted to see this episode. It was nice to see them battle, though I wasn't surprised to see Flint win. I was, however, not expecting Kenny to beat Ash in their battle. But I must say, I did like Kenny in this episode. I never really payed much attention to him before, but I am glad that he got a good ending.