• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port (648)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I really disliked Jasmine's new voice in the dub; TPCi could've at least hired a better VA in my opinion. Anyway, I laughed when Team Rocket arrived and snatched Kenny's Floatzel, only for Flint's Infernape to blast them off a second latter. I may have not liked Kenny either, but I got a bit teary-eyed when he was on the ship and he read Dawn's letter.

JudySpell

Banned
Kenny and Dawn had a moment here where I thought Penguinshipping was going to become canon. Jasmine having a different voice actress made me disappointed. 7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was happy to see Jasmine from Olivine and even tho she lost to Flint, at least she battled and got more than just a cameo. I liked Flint's flashback as well and Kenny's goodbye scene seemed sweet.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Okay, now this was a great episode. The semi-romantic angst between Kengo and Hikari was enchanting, and even Mikan versus Ohba added action to the plot. Nagisa City definitely needed this episode as a nice conclusion to its story-arc.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
So Ash lost to Kenny. How embarrassing lol. But yeah, this episode was pretty boring: they should have at least let Ash's Buizel win the match, the thing's pretty much a punching bag now. :/

_LightMeww_

What's the first thing Ash tried once he heard about Flint's battle strategy? He tried it out himself at the first opportunity. What a copycat.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Really liked how the episode focused on a lot of things rather than just a single plot to the point of dragging it out/possibly making the episode boring. Oh, and the lighthouse scene at the end was just adorable.

Shayuin

Banned
I found it comedic that Dawn noted Kenny to look handsome after his win against Ash. I found it pretty selfish of him to want Dawn to travel with him after beating Ash though.

Lol, so PenguinShipping is now confirmed? Kenny and Dawn seemed awfully friendly with each other here. ;)

The word “handsome” was only used in the Dub - she only said Kenny looked kinda cool. She could’ve traveled with Kenny if she liked him, but she didn’t - she prefers Ash.
:Here is the orginal sub:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kryqIb5zF5w

Leonhart

Imagineer
What's the first thing Ash tried once he heard about Flint's battle strategy? He tried it out himself at the first opportunity. What a copycat.

Satoshi being inspired by Ohba's battling style in this episode wasn't necessarily a bad thing, however. If anything, Satoshi was smart to take advantage of the occasion since both he and Ohba owned a Goukazaru. So I commend Satoshi's practicality.

What a cute episode! Lots of Dawn x Kenny action going on. Her letter to Kenny was so adorable - I loved it when she called him handsome ^^! Nice to see Jasmine again, I really enjoyed her Johto arc - weird to see her all these years later. It was also nice to see Kenny actually get a win in - he's not had much luck throughout Sinnoh. Off to the Sinnoh League now!

The word “handsome” was only used in the Dub - she only said Kenny looked kinda cool. She could’ve traveled with Kenny if she liked him, but she didn’t - she prefers Ash.
:Here is the orginal sub:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kryqIb5zF5w

Vulpicks

Wow, everyone was going on about how Kenny deserved a better performance at the Grand Festival, or that he was an unlikeable loser...then he shows up and ends up thrashing Ash lmao. Ah well, happy to see the kid get a nice send-off after that anti-climatic performance at the Grand Festival, and I'm also happy to see Dawn assert her independence.

I loved seeing Jasmine! I was really disappointed how she got utterly destroyed by Flint though. Ah well, she still did slightly better than Ash even with a disadvantage lol.

Flint gave some of the worst, most useless advice ever.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Looking back, I kind of feel bad for Mikan since she was facing Ohba, who not only specialized in Fire-types, but who also out-ranked Mikan. Mikan's Haganeil stood no chance.

Daizy

I call you honey
I am curious as to why the instant Ash saw Kenny training, he wanted to train also and just happened to pull out his Buizel. I liked how Ash didn't really give a damn that he lost.

DawnKenny

I luv anime :)
In my opinion it was my favorite episode in the anime, the episode had good plot and story, finnaly when ash and keeny battled, ash lost..... that is easy because buizel wasn't strong enough and the episode was having a very good story, in a way it was a very sweet episode and it was not only showing Kenny's feelings but also dawns character how caring she is, I don't have anything else to say but the episode was an awesome episode

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
that is easy because buizel wasn't strong enough and the episode was having a very good story
Well, that and the fact that Ash was trying too hard to copy Flint during their battle

DawnKenny

I luv anime :)
Well, that and the fact that Ash was trying too hard to copy Flint during their battle
Its true but don't you think buizel wasn't strong enough....??

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Its true but don't you think buizel wasn't strong enough....??
No, Empoleon was most likely stronger, but if Ash wasn’t copying Flint he might have figured out a way for Buizel to use Empoleon’s strength & size against it