• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port (648)

DawnKenny

I luv anime :)
No, Empoleon was most likely stronger, but if Ash wasn’t copying Flint he might have figured out a way for Buizel to use Empoleon’s strength & size against it
Ut i don't think so
Heah empoleon is stronger but buizel is somewhat weak...!

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
This episode has parts I really like, parts I don’t, and parts I’m just confused by. Whew.

I really like Jasmine reappearing for the reason of showing up as a nod to the games, but more importantly because she wants to strengthen herself by taking in all kinds of experiences. I’ve always really liked Jasmine in concept and character, how she has a very cute design but unexpected resolve and strength behind it. The need to constantly improve is very admirable and I loved how she immediately jumped at the chance to battle Flint. Even though she lost quickly, her eagerness was welcome. I also quite liked how she gave advice, albeit basic advice, but helpful advice nonetheless as reassurance to Dawn.

Flint telling Ash about how he won the League and how intention is key to winning was neat. It was nice how that talk itself strengthened his resolve to battle Cynthia. I just thought it was….hmm, not exactly OOC for Ash to try to incorporate Flint’s style into his own, but very rare and unlike him. You could see it as him wanting to get ready for the Sinnoh League and seeking advice from someone who beat it himself, but Ash has always done his own thing no matter what. It was interesting though and at least he quickly realized it wasn’t working for him. That’s why I’m not that mad over his loss to Kenny, although his Buizel who went toe to toe with that strong ass Lucario shouldn’t have gone down that easily.

Kenny…..I have no problem with Kenny having a crush on Dawn, this was known since he first appeared. And logically it does make sense that after his early loss at the GF he’s thinking big and going after what he wants. But eh. The whole fixation on Dawn traveling with him needed more time to develop and I wish we saw more introspection from him about it. It just felt very random and sudden, and didn’t have that much impact. Brock’s advice was also strange to me, in any other situation it would’ve been fine but he saw Dawn pondering her future and encouraged Kenny to really go through his idea (which had weird undertones to it). I get it. But again…..ehhhh. I will say that final scene with Dawn and Kenny was sweet and as nice an ending as their dynamic could get.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
A meh episode. The shipping part wasn't that interesting, and Jasmine having Steelix use Crunch and Iron Tail and not something like Dig/Aqua Tail against Flint's Infernape made no sense. Buizel lost a bit too quickly to Empoleon, and I wish he had learned Brick Break here, since all of his attacks were not very effective against the latter.
4/10