• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fourth Round Rumble! (079)

Lucille

I loved how Ash's Muk came and saved the day

NPT

Just a member
Gary finally got eliminated from the Indigo League! I bet it really hurt his big ego, he desereved it for calling Ash a loser and showing off his cheerleaders. It's pathetic when his cheerleaders started crying after he lose in the fourth round.

Ash's fourth round opponent Janet was cute and her entrance was beautiful, like Mandy and Gary she has cheerleaders too.....which was odd. How come almost every trainer has their own Cheersquad?
Anyway, I liked how Bulbasaur defeated Beedrill with Leech Seed and Tackle. The battle between Bulbasaur and Scyther wasn't bad, but Scyther got down too fast. Scyther seemed a strong Pokémon, so it shouldn't have been lose like that.

Janet's final Pokémon Bellspourt was...........too strong. It defeated both Ash's Bulbasaur and Pikachu in a row! Whoa, talk about bad writing.....the Bulbasaur who took down a freaking Scyther, lost to a Bellsprout?? Whoa!

Well....at least Ash's Muk body slammed that Bellsprout and made it faint, I really like the look on Bedrock's face when Muk was coming towards him. I'm glad Ash advanced to next round after winning the match.
It's kinda funny when Ash's Muk gave Misty a big bearhug at the end.

When Jeanette sent that Bellsprout out, I thought "well, this will be an easy win for Ash."
How wrong I was.

No, seriously, that was one powerful Bellsprout! :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
When Jeanette sent that Bellsprout out, I thought "well, this will be an easy win for Ash."
How wrong I was.

No, seriously, that was one powerful Bellsprout! :)

I remember being surprised that she sent out such a basic Pokemon, but after seeing it nearly beat Ash after knocking Bulbasaur and Pikachu around, I was really impressed. I felt sad for Bellsprout when Muk squashed it though.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow I didn't think Gary deserved to lose, so I was sad for him when it happened. Janet was so elegant and I was impressed when Bulbasaur defeated her Scyther and Beedrill all on his own. :D

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'll admit that Bellsprout sweeping Pikachu and Bulbasaur was a bit much, however I think Bellsprout had that 'don't judge a book by its cover' kind of deal going on, which worked well cuz it almost beat Ash.

Janet's entrance was so elegant and I was amazed that she had even more cheerleaders than Gary. I also liked her Bellsprout's strength.

UmbrionKnight

What annoyed me about this episode is that the announcer compliments Bellsprout for taking out two of Ash's Pokemon, but doesn't compliment Ash on taking out two of Jeanette's. -_-

On another note, Bulby was AWESOME in this battle. *I knew you could defeat Bellsprout anytime you wanted, Bulby, you were just fighting fair, right?*

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

Yeah, but dude, it is a Bellsprout. Of course people would be hype that something typically so weak went bananas.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kaoruko was such a fascinating character, and I would've liked if she had been a recurring one. Her entrance on the battlefield itself was marvelous, and her Madatsubomi exceeded my expectations when it beat Fushigidane and Pikachu. Thankfully, Satoshi's Betbeton was used and won him the match.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I think this battle was the best in the Kanto League. I actually can't understand why and how Bellsprout isn't affected by Pikachu's Electric attack, though. It is not a Ground type, so it doesn't really make sense. :x

ZilverLox

Banned
Ash's battle with Janette was one of his best. Bringing in his Muk was a brilliant move and very unexpected. It was hilarious when all of Bellsprout's attacks just bounced right off. Ah, we get to see Bulbasaur really shine in this episode. Taking out Janette's Scyther was no easy feat. Scyther was really impressive and I like how they did double team in this one, it's different from all the other times we've seen it.

_LightMeww_

Janette Fisher was Ash's best Indigo League opponent, hands down. Unlike Mandi, she didn't get swept and she actually got a whole battle unlike the Nidorino and Cloyster dudes. I liked her Bellsprout.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Janette Fisher was Ash's best Indigo League opponent, hands down. Unlike Mandi, she didn't get swept and she actually got a whole battle unlike the Nidorino and Cloyster dudes. I liked her Bellsprout.

Kaoruko luckily didn't suffer a humiliating defeat unlike Koomu, although it came close to that since Satoshi's Fushigidane took down Kaoruko's Spear and Strike with almost abnormal ease. I was just mildly astounded that Fushigidane was at a type disadvantage twice in a row, yet still managed to win.

Alloutℯ

Banned
How did Ash's Muk get so tough so suddenly? He was weak when Ash caught him at the power plant, so he shouldn't have been so strong now.

Leonhart

Imagineer
How did Ash's Muk get so tough so suddenly? He was weak when Ash caught him at the power plant, so he shouldn't have been so strong now.

Betbeton presumably got some training done while he was staying at Okido-hakase's laboratory, much like Satoshi's Kingler.

Biggest flaw in this episode was Ash's overconfidence. When he saw Gary lose he acted like he was Pallet Town's final hope and that made him big-headed. When we saw Jeanette's Bellsprout he acted the same way and almost lost due to underestimating his opponent.