• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fourth Round Rumble! (079)

Leonhart

Imagineer
ᎠᎬȺᎢḤ said:
Biggest flaw in this episode was Ash's overconfidence. When he saw Gary lose he acted like he was Pallet Town's final hope and that made him big-headed.

Satoshi didn't seem that arrogant to me when he saw Shigeru lose. From what I recall, he actually expressed some doubts to Pikachu about whether he should quit while he was ahead.

I will say this: Gary losing against some random nobody was effing ridiculous. How does a guy who won ten Gym badges and caught two hundred species of Pokemon do worse at the Indigo League than Ash "didn't-even-train-his-Pokemon-for-the-League" Ketchum? Gary was robbed and Ash was made to look too good when he was weaker than his rival.

My head canon for Shigeru's loss was that perhaps he got overconfident and let his ego cloud his weakness, which is the best way I can explain how he lost so soon in the tournament.

That's probably the best reasoning for why he lost because he seemed really strong judging by how much he used to brag to Ash about his own skills, but I could see his arrogance costing him the match.

I think that my favorite scene was when Jeanette appeared since she seemed posh and fancy which was the opposite of Ash. Her team was unexpected though since she had two Bug Pokemon and Ash's Bulbasaur really put in work against Scyther and Beedrill. Pikachu was pointless in the end since he lost to Bellsprout very fast but Ash's Muk was the MVP for smothering Bellsprout and ending the fourth league battle. I loved Muk after this episode. 8/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Firefo×Fennekin said:
I think that my favorite scene was when Jeanette appeared since she seemed posh and fancy which was the opposite of Ash. Her team was unexpected though since she had two Bug Pokemon and Ash's Bulbasaur really put in work against Scyther and Beedrill. Pikachu was pointless in the end since he lost to Bellsprout very fast but Ash's Muk was the MVP for smothering Bellsprout and ending the fourth league battle. I loved Muk after this episode. 8/10

I agree that it was rather odd how Kaoruko had two Bug-types given that most girls in the anime dislike Bug-type Pokemon. Her owning Madatsubomi could at least be explained by the possibility that Kaoruko might've been into flower arranging judging by her kimono, but Spear and Strike seemed like bizarre Pokemon for her.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Bellsprout getting smushed by Muk's thicc poisonous body has to be one of my favorite scenes out of all the Indigo league episodes. Bellsprout was so unprepared for that body slam.

I will say this: Gary losing against some random nobody was effing ridiculous. How does a guy who won ten Gym badges and caught two hundred species of Pokemon do worse at the Indigo League than Ash "didn't-even-train-his-Pokemon-for-the-League" Ketchum? Gary was robbed and Ash was made to look too good when he was weaker than his rival.
Ash should have lost to Gary instead of Richie in this league imo.
Arcanine use Flamethrower! shows Growlithe -_-
That Bellsprouts got the moves. Pikachu should not have lost here.