• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fourth Round Rumble! (079)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Fourth Round Rumble!

Its getting to the 4th Round. Gary has lost, Ash is the only Pallet Trainer left in. Its on the Grass field in another 3 on 3 battle against Jeanette's Beedrill, Scyther and Bellsprout. Can Ash win this battle and get into the Finals

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

M

meggirl63

I felt sorry for Gary after he lost his match against Melissa. After all, I saw that he was hurt after losing the match. What do u think?

H

Hales

Probably deep down he was hurting... but then again it might have had something to do with Ash getting into the fifth round... all those insults to Ash about being a loser, not as good as he is yet Ash managed to get past Gary without even facing him in a battle.

Which probably made him even worse in later episodes! :)

Zoramon089

Rising Trainer
Anyone think that Seismic Toss to Nidoking must have been VERY painful?

Heracross

Custom User Title
Yeah, Ash's battle with Janette was one of his best. Bringing in his Muk was a brilliant move and very unexpected. It was hilarious when all of Bellsprout's attacks just bounced right off.XD Ah, we get to see Bulbasaur really shine in this episode. Taking out Janette's Scyther was no easy feat. Scyther was really impressive and I like how they did double team in this one, it's different from all the other times we've seen it. Pikachu didn't really do all that much in this battle, but you can hardly blame him for that. Overall, I probably liked this one the most of all the Indigo League Tournament episodes, it was really a great and memorable battle.

that bellsprout was one mean bada/ss mofo. He took out two tough pokemon of ash's down easily with his crazy Tai Chi Quan moves. Now if only Hitmonlee actually fought Jet Kune Do style, then that be crazy beyond crazy.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
What annoyed me about this episode is that the announcer compliments Bellsprout for taking out two of Ash's Pokemon, but doesn't compliment Ash on taking out two of Jeanette's. -_-

On another note, Bulby was AWESOME in this battle. *I knew you could defeat Bellsprout anytime you wanted, Bulby, you were just fighting fair, right?*

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

Yeah, this was especially good because it was the only Indigo match besides the one versus Ritchie that showed all three of Ash's pokemon being used in battle.

poke_girl

The Amazing
I love this ep, I wish I had a Belsprout like that XD

W

watchermark

I totally agree with you guys. This is, IMO, one of the best episodes of the entire Indigo League. Bulbasaur (one of my favourite Pokemon) was really given a chance to show it's stuff. And the use of the Pokemon Battle Theme when Pikachu was fighting Bellsprout (and lost! Take that you little yellow rodent) was great.

Also doesn't this episode mark the first (and only time I think) time that Jessie calls Ash by name rather than 'Twerp'?

wobbanut

Team Awesome
It's pretty amusing how the twerps were surprised that Janette sent out a bellsprout as her last pokemon, and it ended up being a surprisingly good fighter. Wow, that bellsprout was surprisingly good. :) At least Ash was able to defeat it with Muk. I like the part when Muk went on Ash at the end of the episode, and Ash says that now he knows how bellsprout felt. :)

I also like that Team Rocket got to go an entire episode just earning their keep the honest way instead of stealing pokemon (their moneymaking ventures during the Silver Conference were better, but this was good too). It's interesting how they found that they're more successful selling things than stealing things. I like the motto for the episode too. :) Oh yes, and it was great seeing Victreebel again too. :D

Overall, I really liked this episode.

B

Blaziken master

This has to be the best indigo episode.Way better than the last match vs Richie.I loved the part where bulbasaur slammed its vine against scyther's chest and knocked it out.

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
The best part of this episode is that Muk saw some action IMO.

Bulbasaur was awesome in this ep like in most other ones.

The only bad part about Muk being used in this episode is that it put him in an "only be used in tournaments" role.

I haven't seen this episode in a while, but I'll give it a -

8/10

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Heracross said:
Yeah, Ash's battle with Janette was one of his best. Bringing in his Muk was a brilliant move and very unexpected. It was hilarious when all of Bellsprout's attacks just bounced right off.XD Ah, we get to see Bulbasaur really shine in this episode. Taking out Janette's Scyther was no easy feat. Scyther was really impressive and I like how they did double team in this one, it's different from all the other times we've seen it. Pikachu didn't really do all that much in this battle, but you can hardly blame him for that. Overall, I probably liked this one the most of all the Indigo League Tournament episodes, it was really a great and memorable battle.

Heracross, I might've mentioned this to you before on AIM. Kaoruko's battle was nice, but I just gotta get this out here: Fushigidane vs. Strike was bulls***. I don't care if Fushigidane was owned by a previous trainer, was guardian of a hidden Pokemon sanctuary, and was used in a number of battles by Satoshi, I do not see it surviving so many direct hits from Strike as it did. Then, when Satoshi finds a way around Double Team, Strike goes down in just one Vine Whip? Right... usually, Satoshi finding his way around Double Team is just a minor inconvenience for his opponent in later episodes.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
At last someone agrees with me that Bulbasaur should be munch in that battle.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yamato-san said:
Fushigidane vs. Strike was bulls***. I don't care if Fushigidane was owned by a previous trainer, was guardian of a hidden Pokemon sanctuary, and was used in a number of battles by Satoshi, I do not see it surviving so many direct hits from Strike as it did. Then, when Satoshi finds a way around Double Team, Strike goes down in just one Vine Whip? Right... usually, Satoshi finding his way around Double Team is just a minor inconvenience for his opponent in later episodes.

You just have to chalk this up as the way battles were written back then. Ash's Pokemon would take a lot of damage, and then his Pokemon would defeat their opponents in about one or two hits.

Bulbasaur did take down Scyther with one Vine Whip, but what can you do with an episode written in 1998?

It just goes to show you how better scripted the battles are nowadays in AG. Usually the only time we get one-hit KO's in AG is when the battles are rushed for time pressure, such as in the Masamune league match.