• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fourth Round Rumble! (079)

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Episode highlights
- Ash vs Jeanette
- Victreebell eating up James (again)
- Misty bashing Brock for rooting for Jeanette out of love

LuciRuki

Born This Way
how come in the game bellsprout is useless (no offence to bellsprout lovers) but in this ep he was the best pokemon. makes no sense

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
LuciRuki said:
how come in the game bellsprout is useless (no offence to bellsprout lovers) but in this ep he was the best pokemon. makes no sense
He was probably trained very well by the trainer.

LuciRuki

Born This Way
still though, pikachu could kick bellsprouts lil behind, the thing about the roots absorbing the shock or something- very unrealistic.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Satoshi had only been training Pikachu for a little over a year, whereas we can only guess how long Kaoruko had Madatsubomi. With that and the fact that Pikachu was at an offensive type disadvantage, a loss is hardly unjustified.

JONNO.FRESH

Muk was kool in this epi. Bulbasaur taking out both Beedrill and Scyther was abit unrealistic but meh. An ok episode

Jeff Zero

still though, pikachu could kick bellsprouts lil behind, the thing about the roots absorbing the shock or something- very unrealistic.

The "teeny tiny lightning rods" rule would go on to be used several more times later in the show, such as when Pikachu first battled Treeko. It is obviously the show's way of explaining why grass types are resistant to electric attacks, although I always wondered why it didn't work for James' Victreebell (the obvious reason would be because most of the time the show's writers don't want Team Rocket's Pokemon to be portrayed as hard to beat)

Fushigidane vs. Strike was bulls***. I don't care if Fushigidane was owned by a previous trainer, was guardian of a hidden Pokemon sanctuary, and was used in a number of battles by Satoshi, I do not see it surviving so many direct hits from Strike as it did. Then, when Satoshi finds a way around Double Team, Strike goes down in just one Vine Whip? Right... usually, Satoshi finding his way around Double Team is just a minor inconvenience for his opponent in later episodes.

Meh, that kinda stuff happens all the time in the show. It's still not as bad as Totodile making a mockery of Kingdra. I'll pretty much never forgive that.

Battra

The best episode of the Indigo League arc. Seeing Gary lose in the 4th round must've been quite a wake up call for Ash especially since his 4th round match was close to starting. Nice to see Ash able to battle on his own without Misty and Brock coaching him from the sidelines. Jeanette is definitely one of Ashes better opponents she really made him give 100% and her Pokemon were equally difficult, her taunting was also enjoyable and added to really getting into the battle. Nice to see Ash think ahead and get Muk for the competition especially since Jeanette's Bellsprout was really strong, I would love to see Jeanette return to the series. Yes Ash won his 4th round battle and is proceeding to the semifinals grats to Ash and all his Pokemon.

Jeff Zero

I agree about Jeanette, I thought she was the Katie of the Indigo league (Junichi/Jackson/Vincent was probably the Katie of Johto) and I think she should come back, this time with a Scizor and a Weepinbell or Victreebell.

One thing I always found weird about Gary's loss was that his Nidoking lost to the same Pokemon he beat at Viridian City Gym: Golem. Oddly enough, he must have been impressed with Golem because he made sure to get one of his own and use it in the Johto League against Ash.

Once more, Brock's love-struck reactions made this for me. Bellsprout's usual patheticness (yep, I just made up a word) annoys me, and to be made even worse here...oh dear. It wasn't that it was strong, it was just very good at dodging, waiting for its opponents to tire, then move in for the KO.
What good use of Muk though, well done.

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
This episode was pretty good. Nothing special, really, in my opinion.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
you know when that bellsprout appeared for the first time i was thinking it would be easy to defeat, they look like nothing but i wass wrong with this one:p
what a battle.

schrik

hysterical fan
Tell me how can nontrained pokemon (Kraby, muk) Can beat trained-enough-to-make-it-to-the-league pokemon?

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
This was my favourite field of the Pokemon league.

I was impressed with how strong Bellsprout actually was, managing to take out both Bulbasaur and Pikachu.

Just goes to show even one of the weakest Grass types can still kick butt.

Icefiyre

Banned
I'm surprised that Ash was smart enough to use Muk and finally beat Bellsprout. Grass can never beat poison.

Also Officer Jenny calls growlithe arcanine in this episode.