• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fowl Play! (156)

JohnLee

I was surprised to see a Noctowl of a different color. I was even more amazed when Ash caught it. I didn't think he'd get another bird for quite a while.

Fun episode about Shiny Pokemon, it was good. 9/10

Of course he was going to get another bird pokemon fast! Heracross can only do so much lol. It was just a shock that Ash caught it! Plus, the science guy is funny.

G50

No longer posting
This was a great episode! I was so glad Ash finally caught a shiny Pokemon, especially since it was a Noctowl! Had to feel bad for the science guy though, he tried forever to catch it himself. The Hypnosis effect on them was hilarious!

70/100

Vernikova

Champion
Ah yes, another scientist episode. Those are usually pretty good. It was pretty cool to see Ash capture an alternate-colored Noctowl though when I was first watching at I didn't notice that it was any different. I actually thought that that was Noctowl's regular color for some time. Anyway yeah, a nice episode since I like Noctowl.

This episode is so funny, especially when Noctowl hypnotized Ashyboy. Nice to see a Shiny Pokemon, and great to see Ash getting Noctowl. I think Noctowl should've gotten more screen time. I liked the wacky scientist, those characters are often funny. Just like Seymour and Oswald in Kanto. 9/10.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
It's Entei!
I actually found this episode quite boring, even though it was interesting to see that shiny Noctowl. And Ash capturing it! It was quite funny to see Psyduck achieving nothing!

7threst

What I like about this episode that they introduced Shiny Pokémon in a according way and also, Ash got his first - and to date - only Shiny Pokemon he or any main character ever possessed. Noctowl is definitely a serious and a dignifying Pokémon. That is why for the (almost) characterless flying Pokémon Ash ever got, this one got at least a bit of character and therefore, I find Noctowl awesome!

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
It took them this long to finally let Ash get a Noctowl. ._. Well, I'm glad he got the smaller Shiny one. The regulars aren't that interesting to me.

...Did you just diss the regular Noctowl? You wanna go pal? I has a well. D:< D8 /just joking
I loved Ash's shiny Noctowl. My favorite of his regional birds. :D

zhixun

Awesome episode since this marks the first time that Satoshi really obtains a shiny Pokémon. Hope that he will get another one in the future although shiny Pokémon are rare. Very funny to see that Koduck got a headache but eventually no attacks were executed.

Cool to see Ash catch a shiny Pokemon instead of the usual normal colored ones. :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I really liked that Noctowl put up a struggle at first and didn't want to be caught willingly. I also liked the COTD's personality as well as his plan to use Noctowl's Hypnosis against it via a mirror. Anyway, I thought that Pikachu versus Noctowl could've been better, but at least Ash caught Noctowl regardless.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Meh. I like Shinys as much as the next person, but I wish that Ash had just gotten a regular Noctowl here.

I actually like the normal coloured Noctowl design more than the shiny one as well, but at least Ash caught a new pokemon. My favourite scenes were the ones where Noctowl hypnotized Ash and Dr Wiseman. :3

It seemed sorta late in Johto for Ash to catch a new Flying Pokemon, though I liked Shinies so I was proud that Ash caught this Noctowl. :)

JudySpell

Banned
So Ash captured Noctowl and it was a Shiny. I appreciated the sparkle effect and it was hilarious when Ash was seeing illusions. 7/10