• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fowl Play! (156)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It seemed sorta late in Johto for Ash to catch a new Flying Pokemon

I dunno, since he no longer had Charizard on his team, it seemed to me that Ash was long overdue for a new flying type to fill Charizard's empty slot any ways. ^^;

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was great to finally see a Shiny Pokemon in the anime, especially a Yorunozuku, which looks better with that special red and gold hue. I thought that Torigai was one of Jouto's most entertaining one-off characters, and his decision to allow Satoshi to challenge and catch the Shiny Yorunozuku was very gracious.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Lol, I loved when the Shiny Noctowl hypnotized Ash to think that a rock was Pikachu, then he did the same thing with Dr. Wiseman. I liked Team Rocket's Noctowl mecha too.

Vipsoccermaster

A hilarious and good episode. Great to see Ash catching a shiny Noctowl. Normal Noctowl seem a bit bland. Funny moments include Ash talking to a rock and Dr. Wiseman talking to a rock as well. Good for Noctowl to command Ash's Pokémon to take down Team Rocket.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Great to see Ash catching a shiny Noctowl. Normal Noctowl seem a bit bland.

I agree about the normal color pattern of Yorunozuku being quite vapid. I look back at this episode and I try to envision how things would've changed if Satoshi had captured one of the ordinary wild Yorunozuku that we saw in this episode instead of the Shiny one, yet it's not a very pleasant thought.

Leonhart

Imagineer
No he wasn't. He showed us that he was obsessed with the Shiny Noctowl and yet in the end he allowed Ash to catch it, which showed us how much he respected Ash.

He also gave Satoshi a lot of information regarding the Shiny Yorunozuku, so I definitely think of Torigai as a good guy. I especially like the pun in his Japanese name.

The shiny Noctowl looked so much cooler than the normal brown colored ones so I was glad when Ash set his sights on catching the special one. The fact that Noctowl also had good moves made me hopeful that this time Ash's regional bird would do a lot more battling which did come true later. I liked the mirror trick that was used to make Noctowl's Hypnosis bounce back off to him.

This was a good episode since Ash got a new Pokemon even though I questioned why he caught this shiny Noctowl now instead of earlier in Johto and also why it happened so soon after he got Totodile. I liked how Noctowl got hypnotized by its own reflection and also when it used its powers to create illusions. It made me think that Noctowl was part Psychic type when I was younger but it wasn't. My favorite scene was when Pikachu defeated Noctowl. 7/10

Jnmisty

Is it just me or does Ash get into a lot of scrapes in a lot of the Johto episodes? Plus when Noctowl noticed that Ash was kind of out of it to command his pokemon to stop Team Rocket, it really stepped up even though it wasn't an offical teammate on Ash's team yet.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jnmisty said:
Plus when Noctowl noticed that Ash was kind of out of it to command his pokemon to stop Team Rocket, it really stepped up even though it wasn't an offical teammate on Ash's team yet.

I don't know whether it was because it respected Satoshi, or because it simply considered the Rocket-dan to be intruders in its territory. Either way, I do like it when potential captures help the cast of their own volition before they're actually caught.

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"How can Ash capture a shiny Pokémon before me?!"

Episode: 6/10

Mew29240

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"How can Ash capture a shiny Pokémon before me?!"

Episode: 6/10
Apparently Goh's luck does not extend to Shinies...either that or he doesn't want to step onto that Shiny Hunter's turf from the Golurk episode.

The actual first shiny hunter. I love Shiny Noctowl.