• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fox's Art

Hello, it is me, Fox. I have already mentioned that I drew and my dA link is in my Sig, but I thought I'd post some of my work here.
If you don't feel like clicking the link in my signature for whatever reason, here it is again for...whatever reason you didn't click the one in my sig:
deviantART Profile: The Matthews Atelier

I draw whatever interests me at the time, and you'll find that it usually gets stuck in one place for a little while then meanders someplace else for a bit. The majority of my dA page is saturated in: original artwork of characters from my various fictions, Metroid fan-art, Ace Attorney fan-art, Persona....and just random TV Shows I'm watching.

Right now, I wanna post my newest work, which is a portrait of John Locke from my most recent addiction, Lost. It's tied for my favorite show of all time, that and X-Files.

John Locke
Right now, I wanna post my newest work, which is a portrait of John Locke from my most recent addiction, Lost. It's tied for my favorite show of all time, that and X-Files.

John Locke Contrast
A variant of the John Locke portrait above after tweaking the contrast. Makes 'im look all bristly and junk.

Last edited:

Charikachu

Bananas!
That's a great face

Thank you very much.

Here's some fan art that you guys might appreciate more.

Lucario Portrait
A portrait of Lucario based off of the Japanese poster for his movie. It struck me as being very intimidating, so I figured I'd take a crack at drawing it.
Note- 1/9/14: I actually might try this again under a different style since I'm trying to compile some Lucario reference.

Grovyle Full Body
A drawing of Grovyle based upon his art from PMD: Explorers of Sky. Grovyle's one of my absolute favorite video-game characters and I struggle to draw him correctly, but I like how this turned out.

Croft
A portrait of Lara Croft based on a render of her from the reboot, "Tomb Raider."
Note- 1/9/14: I may also revisit this, as one of my "Redux" drawings.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Last edited:

Silverwindstudios

The Midnight Artist~
Wow, both pokemon portraits look really good! :eek:

Anyway, I recommend you get a graphic tablet of some sorts (I use a Wacom Bamboo tablet) And get a program (like photoshop, corel painter, GIMP, Jasc, or Sumopaint is free and requires no download) And digitalize them! ^^ Grovyle looks nice in his pose, but his legs looks kinda funny. As for Lucario, and I think he should be smiling. (He looks like he's gonna stab someone with a knife in their sleep tonight)

We have both and I really don't like them that much, we have Manga Studio, and I'm not that impressed, drawing on paper is much easier for me. Plus I like more serious art, Lucario ain't changing. ;)

On the subject of Grovyle, I find him hard to draw period.

But thank you for the comments.

Well, since I got some nice feedback, perhaps I should post more, eh?

Detective Godot
I've become rather jaded about this piece, as I tend to get when older art gets popular and remains that way. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I get a little annoyed when I see it pop up in my feedback messages on dA.
I mean, damn it's been like two years.
Anyway, I based this off of concept art of Godot from the Gyakuten Saiban 3 artbook as I thought the design to be striking and a very different concept for Godot, but most certainly fitting.

Vega (SSFIV)
Artwork of Vega as he appears in Street Fighter IV. I find Vega to be the most interesting SF character by far, and I love the graceful ferocity of his move set. It's always struck me as being fierce and very visually entertaining to watch him flit about an arena, smacking the **** out of his opponents.

Corruption (Samus; Full Body)
A drawing based off the Metroid Prime 3: Corruption box art. Originally, I planned to draw the shadowy figure morphing into Samus as well, which is why I placed her off to the side of the page, but I decided that was too difficult at the time and left it as is.
Apparently that was a pretty good call.

Samus Portrait
Portrait of Samus Aran as she appears on the box art for Metroid: Other M.
I would like to take this moment to mention how much I despise the fact that such fantastic art direction went to such an abysmal game.

Last edited:
Since I'm back and I sure as hell didn't stop drawing, here's some of my most recent stuff.

Benjamin Matthews
A drawing I did of my favorite OC, Benjamin. This was probably the biggest stepping stone to reaching a final design for him, and this is one of my favorite drawings of him. A lot of his features became more standard and cemented with this piece, and allowed me to better conceive what the final artwork of him would look like.

Sleep
This is probably another of my more definitive pieces as I had recently branched into using more artists for inspiration to begin to cement my own style based largely on Karabiner's artwork. I find their shading techniques, which are incredibly subtle, are extremely effective in developing emotion and slight realism in certain stylizations.

Anyway, this is a drawing of Ranshiin the Windragon from Legendz: Tale of the Dragon Kings, which, much like Metroid: Other M, is something wholly mediocre with a wonderful art design wasted on it. I have a little fondness for it, but mostly for the creature designs, which I consider a bit fantastic. The plot isn't all that bad once it picks up, but it takes about half the 50 episode series for it to pick up.

Ranshiin is one of the central antagonists for most of the series, being a cruel and violent creature. He is a scheming bastard, but a more broken and desperately sad side of him crops up occasionally as he struggles with not knowing if he really has a purpose in the world's plan, one he believed to be perpetrating. I drew this based off of Karabiner's artwork of their own Windragon concept sleepily happily with a friend, but I changed the dragon to Ranshiin, leaving him alone with a look on his face somewhere between at peace and unrest. He always brings to mind the concept of a fallen angel, expelled from heaven for displeasing God.I love drawing him because he has a powerfully defined body that is very fun to draw, and the end product always makes me happy. He's just so damn cute!

Note- 1/9/14: I can't help but continue to warn, as I do in another post, that the vast majority of Karabiner's artwork is NSFW, so regardless of whether or not I like the art (which admittedly says a good bit about my moral character, but I usually use it for anatomical reference), it is not suitable for most. I cannot stress this enough; I don't want anyone, including myself, in any trouble.

If it wasn't clear, this is definitely SFW. It is nude, but there is nothing below the waist, so there really isn't anything to be concerned about "Sleep," I wouldn't post it if I thought otherwise.

Messiah Ben Sketch
I jokingly call this the "Messiah Ben" concept as I based it off the render of Takaya from Persona 3, who plays the part of a dark messiah. I liked this design for it's stately and thin form, but in the end I gave Ben a thicker jaw with more masculine features, straying from the pretty-boy look.

Adam Concept
Concept for Andrew's Lucario partner, Adam, for "The Champion's Summit." I wanted his fur to be longer and more luxurious to give him a regal look to reflect him overcoming his emotional and physical trauma, becoming stronger. An early version of this had a scar on his snout, diminished at this point, but I opted against it (for now, it's not quite final, but I'm nearing final designs for him).

Crow
A scratchboard that we did on my beginning art class. I love the way the feathers came out on this, and the detail in the body is among my favorites of my work.

I've done a ton more (all of which is on my deviantART profile which I will put back in my signature, ASAP

Last edited:
Thank you very much, I really appreciate that. :)

Corruption Redux
Today, I finished this, which was me revisiting something I drew forever ago, and on closer inspection, something I posted here. (See "Samus Full Body) I really like drawing Samus because of all the complicated shapes that the Power Suit is made up of, and the shading on anything metallic is a joy to me.

Kenzo Tenma
Artwork of Dr. Tenma from Naoki Urasawa's Monster, which is my favorite manga/ anime of all time, and quite possibly my favorite work of fiction.

Christopher Ammon
A sketch of my most recent OC, for my fanfiction project, Turbulence. I unfortunately wound up abandoning this project simply because I couldn't get it to work as far as the structure and plot arcs were concerned.

Dave Matthews
A drawing of Dave Matthews of the Dave Matthews Band. This was the first portrait of a real person I had done in a long time, and I'm really happy that it turned out so well.

"Phantom"
A sketch of Big Boss from MGSV. I'd really like to revisit this subject; Big Boss is one of my favorite video game characters and I feel I've never really done him a justice.

Ginko
I'm closing this post with a sketch of Ginko from Mushi-Shi. I think that Mushi-Shi might be one of the most relaxing things I have ever watched, and it's one of my favorite shows. The manga's just as good (and longer), and if you haven't checked either out, you should.

Last edited:
Here's a few new pieces:

Champion's Summit cover (black and white)
Cover artwork for The Champion's Summit, a fanfiction that I've been working on and probably will be for a long time.

Andrew Faulkner concept
Adam's partner in The Champion's Summit. Adam is his first Pokémon.

Sanae Hanekoma
Sanae Hanekoma from TWEWY, which is one of my favorite games.

Samus Charcoal
A disgustingly popular charcoal I did of Samus as she appears in M:OM. It's good, but it has become one of my least favorite pieces, and kind of annoys me.

Young Ocelot
A marker drawing tribute to Ocelot's concept art from MGS3:Snake Eater. God I love those games.

Edit: Champion's Summit Cover (color)
Color cover for TCS.

Last edited:
John C. McGinley Portrait
Portrait of John C. McGinley of "Scrubs" fame.

Hazama and Terumi "Chronophantasma" WIP
A WIP of BlazBlue's Hazama and Terumi as they appear in Chronophantasma.

Anthro Fox (mild, non-explicit nudity)
A misc. antro fox I did using artwork by Adam Wan for anatomical reference and a Karabiner reference for shading. As much as I love these artists, I would not reccomend seeking most of their work as it's NSFW (I use it mostly for anatomy though).

Ranshiin
Used a couple of Karabiner's works for reference to get most of this just right (especially the wing, I'm terrible at that). I really like how this turned out, especially since I rarely draw him with the jacket too.

Last edited:
Fools Like Me (Persona 3 fanart)
Here's a new piece I've been working on (alongside a similarly styled self-portrait, but I don't have that up anywhere yet, so I'll post it later). It's a two part Persona fanart, the first featuring Makoto Yuki (Minato Arisato, whichever you prefer) and the second featuring Yu Narukami. I'm yet to start on the Narukami piece, but I'm almost done with this so I'll be sure to post the completed product once it has been completed.

Last edited:
Self Portrait
Here's that self-portrait I was talking about, hope you like it.

As always, all feedback is welcome (begged, even).

Last edited:
Been busy for a while, but I'm trying to get more active (because I really like you guys) . Anyhow, I've done some more art just recently while I work on Champion's Summit (rewrites are a *****, but I'm getting there).

Fools Like Me (completed)
Here's the finished version of "Fools Like Me," and I'm really happy with how it turned out. The face and hair are my favorite parts.

"Gutalala Sudalala" (20th Century Boys fan-art)
Some fan-art (actually it's a redraw and coloration from the manga, if you've read it, you'd probably recognize it) from 20th Century Boys.

Benjamin Matthews
Final artwork for Benjamin Matthews, my OC for Father and Son. I love this design, so, so much.

As usual, all feedback is encouraged.

Last edited:

orochi

Haha I was scrolling through your work and I gotta say. Ginko caught my eye >w< God I love that anime -w-. And Ginko <3 He is my favorite anime character of all time.

And Locke from Lost! He looks good. Keep shading. Try to get in as much detail as possible! You can draw portraits better than me, so I'm sure you can be even more amazing if you try a bit harder! Man Locke is so creepy DDDDx

Have you thought about backgrounds? Backgrounds can pull a picture together. It wraps it up. Even if its just a simple collision of colors or shades.

Good work. look forward to seeing more!

Works like "Sleep" and "Fools Like Me" have better examples of what my shading tends to look like now, and the portrait of John C. McGinley is probably my favorite of any real person.
I've actually been told to work on backgrounds (by my art teacher, no less!) and it's something I struggle with, mostly because I don't know what to put there. I mean theoretically, you should draw the back ground first, especially if it's something more abstract, but it's sort of a concept I have trouble wrapping my head around outside of things like a bed one is sleeping on (which I believe I put sheets for the background of Sleep, but I may not have).

Anyhow, thank you very much for your feedback! I'll probably have my completed Persona 4 follow up to Fools Like Me up soon.

Three new pieces, and a sculpture I did forever ago!

Horse Head Wire Sculpture
This is a wire sculpture of a horse head (if the title didn't tip you off...) that I did about a year ago.

Fools Like Me- Reach Out to the Truth
Here's the Persona 4 follow-up to my last "Fools Like Me" piece. Doing these makes me want to expand it more, but I don't know how much. I'll start with an Aigis portrait, which I'm excited about since I've been meaning to draw her for a while.

Adam
This came out a bit more different than I originally pictured it, but I still really like this. This is a torso shot of Adam from Champion's Summit (re-writing is still happening just...slowly). I originally imagined him to be thin and lithe, but I can see this working as an image of him much later in the story.
He kinda looks like a bouncer. XD

The Forlorn Wind
And then I drew Ranshiin for the umpteenth time. I'm not really going to talk about this much because it can get a little awkward. I just hope you like it.

As always, all feedback is welcome, and practically begged for.

Last edited:
Thank you, I suppose, but is there anything you like in particular?
Anyhow, I have a couple of new drawings ready to post, and here they are:

Yoji Shinkawa Style Ben Matthews Profile
A profile of Ben based off the style of MGS artist, Yoji Shinkawa.

The Man at 221b
Portrait of Benedict Cumberbatch

Last edited: