• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FR/LG Safari zone harder then R/S/E?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poke_girl

The Amazing
I find, alot of the time.. In FR/LG.. it is extreamly hard to catch something.. when in R/S/E.. Alot of the time, I just chuck the ball one or two times and catch it.. What do you think? Do you think the FR/LG Safari zone is harder or not?

Devilrose

Super Coordinator
Yeah, Fr/Lg Safari Zone is DEFINITELY harder. I was able to grab at least one of every pokemon in the R/S/E Safari Zone in MUCH less time than the FR/LG Safari Zone. Well actually...I never did catch ALL the pokemon in the FR/LG Safari Zone. Only the R/S/E one.

Haunter

Johto Champion
Yeah, me too, devilrose. I can't get that stupid chansey. FR/LG SZ is much harder than S/R/E

The FR/LG one is way harder. Yes. Because there are 5 awfully rare Pokémon, and the 5 will rarely stay after being hit by a Rock (Bait sucks...). Plus, they escape at the minor provocation. The RSE ones are less whiney. ;)

Devilrose

Super Coordinator
I really don't understand the reasoning behind a big, buff, Kangaskhan running away after being hit by a rock but a pokemon like Doduo or Nidoran (either) sticks around...

I can see Chansey running if you throw a rock at it. But Tauros? Scyther? Pinsir? Kangaskhan?

What powerful whimps they are :p

torkip

Mind Trainer
Yes, it's a lot harder. I can't catch a Scyther everytime I throw a ball it fleds.

TTar-X

<-Don't wake him up!
It's only harder b/c you guys suck and should quit playing pokemon< LoL Joke j/k ;)
Yeah well part of the reason why safari zone pokes in FR/LG are harder than RSE is b/c there are more of those rares than in the 3rd gen games. Lets compare shall we?
FR/LG Rares
Chansey
Pinsir
Scyther
Kangaskhan
Dratini
Dragonair
Tauros
Did I miss any?

RSE rares
Pinsir
Heracross
Miltank
Stantler
Quagsire
Octillery
Did I miss any?
Anyways there are more rares in FRLG IMO, plus the SZ in RSE has pokeblocks to throw or put in the feeder to attract certain pokes making it easier to capture them.
So yes I would have to agree that 3rd gen SZ is easier.

MetaKnight

My Heads Exploding!!
Tyranitar-Rex said:
It's only harder b/c you guys suck and should quit playing pokemon< LoL Joke j/k ;)
Yeah well part of the reason why safari zone pokes in FR/LG are harder than RSE is b/c there are more of those rares than in the 3rd gen games. Lets compare shall we?
FR/LG Rares
Chansey
Pinsir
Scyther
Kangaskhan
Dratini
Dragonair
Tauros
Did I miss any? Dratini isn' t rare I think? I caught 1 on my first fish and got them coming up 8 times in a row.Also got Dragonair on My 13th fish!!!!!

RSE rares
Pinsir
Heracross
Miltank
Stantler
Quagsire
Octillery
Did I miss any? I don't think so!
Anyways there are more rares in FRLG IMO, plus the SZ in RSE has pokeblocks to throw or put in the feeder to attract certain pokes making it easier to capture them.
So yes I would have to agree that 3rd gen SZ is easier.
You've done exxcellent to find this out! ( I already knew this but 10 char limit)

.::Escalator::.

"GO TEAM BOOBIES!"
I really don't understand the reasoning behind a big, buff, Kangaskhan running away after being hit by a rock but a pokemon like Doduo or Nidoran (either) sticks around...

I can see Chansey running if you throw a rock at it. But Tauros? Scyther? Pinsir? Kangaskhan?

What powerful whimps they are :p

Kangaskhan runs to protect it's young I'll bet. I guess it's afraid if it fights, it's child'll get hurt, or more likely, the child will be upseted.

Tauros is just retarded and runs away when you throw a rock at it, because it's too damn stupid to know where to run. It wants to run over you. :D Same with Scyther & Pinsir, but they want to chop you're head off. :p

R

RedMoogleXIII

FR/LG is defentally harder you end up eatting a lot og Safari balls just to get all the rare one whie the R/S/E one can usually can get all the rare ones in 2 trips (one with Mach Bike and one with Aero Bike). At least in FR/LG when you get all frustrated, you can toss rocks at the annoying pokemon (LOL)

Mudkip3

I say FR/ LG is definitely harder. Not only can you rarely find some Pokemon but they run away. RSE barely gets frustrating at all. But it is just a measly 500 Pokedollars to go back in...

P

Poke Freak

FR/LG defantly. Catching a chancey was a pain, but to get a lucky egg? No way! And Tauros is so freakin' annoying to get because is seems to run away first chance almost all the time! The R/S/E one is SO much easier.

J

Jesus Of Suburbia

poke_girl said:
I find, alot of the time.. In FR/LG.. it is extreamly hard to catch something.. when in R/S/E.. Alot of the time, I just chuck the ball one or two times and catch it.. What do you think? Do you think the FR/LG Safari zone is harder or not?

Yeah, I think so, in 5 shots of the safari zone, I got one approach to a tauros. (And I was in the right zone).

FigmentJedi

Cascade Trainer
I was lucky to catch a Chansey on first encounter on my used copy of LeafGreen. However, everytime I find a Kangaskhan, it runs away and they are way hard to find for me, I've only seen them twice.

J

Jesus Of Suburbia

chansey? CHANSEY?!!?!?!? I havent even encounted chansey and I've been in the safary zone tons of times!!!

Firebird306

Hello...
It's definitely harder. I've only caught one Chansey. I gave up on catching Dratini and bought one from the Game Corner. Kangaskhan, now I can't catch that. It runs the second I find it. If I ever found a shiny pokemon in the Safari Zone, I would be really angry unless I was lucky enough to catch it. The R/S/E Safari Zone is easier.

Solla-chan

Coral Eye Trainer
O_O YES I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU!
Ahem, sorry about that. ^^;
Though, i do remember having a difficult time trying to catch that freakin' Kangaskhan for days. Grrrr, how fustrating it was!
Sigh, I eventually gave up and traded with my bf. 0_o;

Kveran

Pinin' for the fjord
Kangaskhan runs to protect her baby; she's perfectly capable of beating the living sh-t out of you, but then midget-Khan might get hurt.

Taoros runs because Taoros likes to run. It's easily provoked. A nifty effect would be to have it chase you out of your area of the Safari Zone when it runs, but I suppose I'm the only one who would find that hysterical.

Scyther and Pinsir run just to irritate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.