• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Franticshipping Thread - Ruby x Sapphire! (Plus Hoennshipping, Brendan x May!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
What is Franticshipping?
It's a fan term referring to the canon and arguably most developed relationship ever in the Pokemon series between the flamboyant male protagonist, Ruby, who has a passion for Pokemon Contests and the tomboyish female protagonist, Sapphire, who has a passion for Pokemon battling. They serve as the heroes of the Ruby and Sapphire arc, considered by many Pokemon fans as not only the greatest love story ever told in Pokemon history but also to an extant one of the best romances of the romance genre for being one of the best well-developed unexpected romances between two non-traditional characters, the beauty obsessed yet selfish male protagonist and the rough-n-tough yet arrogant female protagonist. Like other Pokemon Adventure ships, this is a coming-of-the-age ship where the character grow up together!

tumblr_ndd0ovwCM11rntmaxo2_500.png

Aww... they are just so cute together.

What is Hoennshipping?
Also this includes Hoennshipping which is a fan term referring to the belief that the characters Brendan (Ruby) and May (Sapphire) should be in a relationship! In this thread, you could also talk about Brendan and May being a couple!

bjzqrgbr.png

Rules/Notes
  1. All SPPF Rules and Shippers Community Rules apply. Read them before you post anything here.
  2. No Bashing or Flaming other members, characters, or shippings.
  3. Stay On Topic - This is a thread about Ruby and Sapphire being together. This is also b extant a thread about Brendan and May.
  4. Let your imagination go wild. - This is about Ruby and Sapphire who've grown up together as they spent countless adventures together against the faces of tragedy and Team Magma's and Aqua's madness for power!
  5. But of course. No inappropriate or inoffensive material. Don't let your imaginations go too wild.
  6. Decided to remove the name reasons section because I kind of felt it was unnecessary and taking up space.
  7. IMPORTANT! - I've been informed that one-liners, short responses that don't contribute much of the discussion at hand, will be considered spam and won't be tolerated.
"NEW" - Work-in-progress

1. 04n70n10
2. Victorian Rush

Inspired by the other shipping threads, I guess we'll start this off with an introductory discussion. Here are three introductory questions but you do not have to answer all of them.
1. Introduce yourselves.
2. How did you found out and get into the Pokemon Adventures Manga?
3. What do you like about Franticshipping or Hoennshipping?

Last edited:

04n70n10

A really cute and well developed relationship, I loved it in the manga.

I have two questions (SPOILER from the manga):
Take in mind that I've read this manga some years ago, so maybe I don't remember precisely all;

1) Really in the end Ruby forgotten all about that "Shappire's declaration" or there is something more? Maybe it's just for me, but I'm not totally convinced, even if probably from a writing standpoint this is (sadly) a more "comfortable" position.

2) After the end of the Emerald's saga, is Ruby still without his memories of Sapphire's declaration? I haven't read the ORAS saga (and some other sagas) yet.

shoz999

A really cute and well developed relationship, I loved it in the manga.

I have two questions (SPOILER from the manga):
Take in mind that I've read this manga some years ago, so maybe I don't remember precisely all;

1) Really in the end Ruby forgotten all about that "Shappire's declaration" or there is something more? Maybe it's just for me, but I'm not totally convinced, even if probably from a writing standpoint this is (sadly) a more "comfortable" position.

2) After the end of the Emerald's saga, is Ruby still without his memories of Sapphire's declaration? I haven't read the ORAS saga (and some other sagas) yet.

And there is an answer for those two questions below.
1) Ruby's pretending to forget. I guess he's trying to process this or wants to see Sapphire's angry reaction to this, I'm not sure even though the two flirt a lot in the Emerald Arc.
2) Ruby is still pretending even though they flirt a lot, much to Emerald's annoyance lol.
quit.png

In the ORAS chapter however, SPOILERS!
Ruby plans a date. I will say nothing more since you haven't read it but how it ends is quite stunningly magical.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
FranticShipping is one of my favorite pairings from the manga. It is like the ultimate opposites-attract pairing if you ask me. I always loved the idea of having Ruby and Sapphire being childhood friends but forgot about each other. Plus, they confessed their feelings to one another. I have no idea why they never got together. Come on, Ruby.

Also, I think you should leave the Hoennshipping discussion out of here. Franticshipping and Hoennshipping are two completely different pairing. Brendan and Ruby are not the same person, nor are May and Sapphire.

shoz999

FranticShipping is one of my favorite pairings from the manga. It is like the ultimate opposites-attract pairing if you ask me. I always loved the idea of having Ruby and Sapphire being childhood friends but forgot about each other. Plus, they confessed their feelings to one another. I have no idea why they never got together. Come on, Ruby.

Also, I think you should leave the Hoennshipping discussion out of here. Franticshipping and Hoennshipping are two completely different pairing. Brendan and Ruby are not the same person, nor are May and Sapphire.
I'll think about it in the future depending on how much interest there is in it.

On a different note, does anyone feel that the Ruby and Sapphire arc kind of reminds you of those tragic Shakespearian love stories? I mean it's got tragedy, madness for power, betrayal, love, twists and turns, ominous hintings to disaster as early as Petalburg City. LOL. Shakespearean and Pokemon put together, that's something you don't hear everyday. In fact, the RS arc is not only the best Pokemon love story, it actually might be the darkest Pokemon story ever in the series considering how terrifying Groudon and Kyogre are portrayed. Actually if it weren't for a certain game-changing plot twist at the end, it would've really have ended up as a Shakespearean-like story. Actually now that I think about it, the Ruby and Sapphire story arc might also be the darkest storyline in any Pokemon series. The way Groudon and Kyogre are portrayed is actually pretty terrifying.

Also I do believe Ruby and Sapphire are together in the ORAS chapter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.