• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Freakish Coincedences.

KetchupO

tωisted
Post any freaky coincidences you've experienced, or that you know of.

Here's an email I got a while ago, I was like O_O the whole time reading it...

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
Both Presidents were shot in the head

Now it gets really weird.

Lincoln 's secretary was named Kennedy.
Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln .

Both were assassinated by Southerners.
Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.
Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.
Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names.
Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

Now hang on to your seat.

Lincoln was shot at the theater named 'Ford'.
Kennedy was shot in a car called ' Lincoln ' made by 'Ford'.

Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse.
Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran and hid in a theater.

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

And here's the kicker...

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe , Maryland
A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe.

& ya'll know how when you fold an American $20 bill a certain way & can get images of the Pentagon on fire & the Twin Tower incident...which happened on 9, 11.
& 9 + 11 = 20, lol.

Post yours!

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.
Okay, here's mine.

I'm reading To kill a mocking bird, my boyfriends named Atticus.....

so weird.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
KetchupO you spelled coincidences wrong....
in 2003 I drew a digimon I called ''Gaomon'' then in 2007 Gaomon was one of the partner in digimon data squad.

SlwaBluPhnx

I just drew naruto holding a soul slaying (shinigami) with nine tails at the hilt, and I found the same concept on deviantart.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
One time at band camp I did actually shove a flute up myself.

KetchupO

tωisted
KetchupO you spelled coincidences wrong....
Bite me.

Here's another.

It doesn't happen much anymore, but when I was younger, whenever we'd learn a new word at school, I'd hear it being said on a TV show that day.
It's weird because, it'd be almost as if the word was never mentioned on any show until I learned it's meaning. xD

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
I was talking to my friend on wi-fi (pokemon diamond/pearl) and she was watching some movie called "Mrs. Doubtfire". She was like "That'd be so funny if it just started playing Dude looks like a Lady!". About 7-10 minutes later that happened...

Keystone

Sprichst du Deutsch?
I believe the whole 2012 controversy is just a giant batch of coincidences. Now whether or not it will happen, I am not sure for I am not psychic. In my opinion, nothing Earth shattering will happen. But we all agree, it's just a big batch of coincidences. I don't mean to start a debate, so please don't try to. I wont reply.

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Dark Goddess
I remember when I was younger I drew a picture of a grass evolution that I named 'Leafeon'. Years later, we now have Leafeon only with a different design. o.o

I also have a habit of thinking of an episode of some show and later, it comes on TV the same day. o.o

Dagger54321

Trade Junkie
Sometimes (once a week or so) when I stand in a certain spot (could be anywhere) I get a flashback of myself standing in that exact same spot.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
When I was younger, I'd think about an episode of The Simpsons and it would be on Sky in the evening. I also experience deja vu infrequently.

Yeesh, it was just a little something he noticed. No need to bite his head off.

Rave

Banned
Yeesh, it was just a little something he noticed. No need to bite his head off.

Funny how the irony in all this works together, doesn't it?

Only freakish thing I had was the whole 23 enigma after watching Number 23. Going down 23rd street, with lots of these 2300's on each sign. Also weird that I was driving down that area at 11:12 at night though.

But yeah, weird coincidences.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
It doesn't happen much anymore, but when I was younger, whenever we'd learn a new word at school, I'd hear it being said on a TV show that day.
It's weird because, it'd be almost as if the word was never mentioned on any show until I learned it's meaning. xD
That still happens to me. 8D Or it will be the other way around, I'll hear a certain word used numerous time then usually a week later my history teacher will assign that as our "word of the week". Happened when our word was "frivolous".

Also, one random coincidence I heard was that "Friday the 13th" contains thirteen characters, not counting spaces.

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
During last months Friday 13, a car garage near the beach caught fire! It wasnt on purpose, this guy was just using an angle grinder when a stray spark torched the place!!!
it was weird that it happened that day, cos it could've happened any day! o_O

;249-d;

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
A lot of the time when a certain, special emphasised word goes through my head - whatever word it is - somebody near me usually says the word a few seconds later 0_0

This happened to me the other day: My friend and I were talking about Spongebob (since we had nothing better to talk about) and we talked about the episodes we hadn't seen for a while. For the next three days, many of the episodes we talked about appeared...

Azurne

~ ♥ ~
Well, two years ago around Halloween, I was lazily browsing the internet, looking up Halloween legends and stuff because I figured I needed to occupy myself. I came across the Headless Horseman, and got really intrigued. So, I put a headless horseman artwork as my desktop background, and watched a movie called Sleepy Hollow. (it's now my favorite Halloween legend).

The next day in band class we had a new piece of music given to us.

You can guess what it was called.

A lot of things like this seem to happen to me though. Most of them concerning band or music. >.>

pokemaster001

Bite me.

Here's another.

...seeing someone who had that happen too