• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Freakish Coincedences.

LittleGuy

Advanced Trainer
I've got a couple.
1) My girlfriends and constantly say/think the same things at the same time.
2) My cousin and I were born on the EXACT same day, 45 minutes apart (28th February 1990).

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
Usually in life, things may happen unexpectably, exactly like plot developements in movies, it also usually happens right after someone says something, or if someone has a negative type attitude torwards something, and the opposite happens*.

*This was true, I actually thought I wasn't going to be accepted into the special summer classes at ASU, and it turns out I was wrong, I got accepted.

Oh and not to mention this, when we got the envelope, I thought it was a rejection letter, my step father said this, "It only takes a tiny envelope to say 'no', it's not like this huge envelope has a giant paper saying no.", which we ended up opening the envelope right after he said that.

brit-angel

Dance Chimmy dance!
I started thinking about how ruby was my longest played game and yet it was the only region I hadn't found a shiny in of the four main regions. I just started thinking about that and was like why can't I find one in here? Just as I was coming to acceptance at the end of my mental rant, I finally found a shiny on ruby -- a shiny duskull.

My dad & I go visit his side of the family twice a year. For some weird reason, whenever we leave on Saturday (which is most common) from our house we leave at nine in the morning no matter how many preparations we make the night before. We also usually take a break around noon for lunch. This pattern has actually probably saved our lives or a lot of frustration a few times as well.

Instance 1:
We had finally had everything packed the night before ecept the minifridge, my games, and his laptop bag. He had woke up early and finished packing and he let me sleep even though we could have left at 8:30. We begin to drive at nine and there is a major line on the highway leading out of town which is rare. We go and ask whats happening to a few motorists ahead and they said there was an accident a little ways down the highway. We decide to go back home and wait until the news said it was clear. While reading the police report on our local site we figured that if he hadn't let me sleep the extra half hour and we left at 8:30 we would have been at the crash site.

Instance 2:

We drove into Sudbury for lunch and go to Swiss Chalet. While we are eating dinner we overhear a couple who are talking about an accident on the way we were heading. Ironically, they were from the same city as us and tell us about a crash that had happened. The waitress kept us updated and they told us about an alternate route to our destination. Thank god, we would have probably had to stay in a hotel there if there were rooms available.

I feel bad for the people in the crash though. Thankfully no one was hurt in the second one, and I feel bad for the family of the first person.

Last edited:

P_S_B

Shiny hunter
I've got a couple:

1. This might be difficult to explain without giving out names, so bear with me. My middle name is the first name of a mate; his middle name is the first name of another mate; and that other mate's middle name is my first name.

2. Years and years ago, I had a dream that I was playing with my Beast Wars Transmetal Megatron figure, but the colours were all wrong. That morning, he broke... Several years after that, Hasbro started releasing repaints of some of the Beast Wars Transmetals, and the Megatron mold was one of them. Funny thing was he had the same colours as the one in my dream. (Not applied the same way though...)

Emo_Kirlia

Coincedence #1: I found out I'm related to 2 NFL Football players:
Dante Culpepper and some other guy I forgot the name of. My dad even took me to his house but he wasn't home. O_O Not a football fan anyways... We were watching TV, a documentary on the football player I said I don't remember his name, and my dad was like "Oh, that's your cousin!" and I'm like "WHAAAAAT?!"

Coincedence #2: My Grandad knows President Obama personaly. He got a letter in the mail from him recently and it had a header on it that said "Can I count on you, Leon?" I didn't read it though I should've asked my grandad what it was about. >_< I think I even heard him talking on the phone with him once... o_o I think probably because my grandpa was a semi-famous Black Seargeant General Major in the army or something like that around the Vietnam war.

Coincedence #3: I predicted what all the cards were in one of my Pokemon Platinum booster packs.

when my dad and i were watching "The Descent" (horrible movie) in our living room there's a moment when the main character (daughter dies when a log from a logging truck falls off it and goes through the front of the car) has a nightmare that a log crashes through the window she's looking out of and at the exact same moment as the CRASH a blackbird flies straight into our livingroom window!

We S*at bricks to say the least.

Melloyu

me and my brother always say the same things at the same moment when people ask us something together ._.

LonelyHat

Fedora-sama
Well, I got nothing Lincoln-Kennedy freaky (and man, it WAS), but I steal my roommate's thoughts a lot. ^^ She said that, not me. A lot of times I say exactly what she was about to say and in those exact words. Sometimes I spot some silly detail while we're walking down the street and point it out and she looks at me, kind of freaked out and says she just saw it too and wanted to say it. ^^

Oh, and we're both fans of Ronan Keating (leave me alone - HISSSS! DX) and one time we were studying together and all of a sudden we start singing the same song, at the same time from the same part and it wasn't even the refrain, it was the middle of the second, third verse or something. ^^

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I was having A discussion with my friend on the 7th of May, My friend is a big Pokefan and loves GSC.

Friend: Do you think that there will be a GSDS?
Me: Most likely not. You can get every Pokemon anyway, besides, GSC are my least favorite Pokemon games.
Friend: HAVE A HEART AND SOUL!

Next Day
"Serebii would like to annouce that Gold and Silver remakes are on their way and will be called HEART Gold and SOUL Silver"

I was exited and scared at the same time.

I was having A discussion with my friend on the 7th of May, My friend is a big Pokefan and loves GSC.

Friend: Do you think that there will be a GSDS?
Me: Most likely not. You can get every Pokemon anyway, besides, GSC are my least favorite Pokemon games.
Friend: HAVE A HEART AND SOUL!

Next Day
"Serebii would like to annouce that Gold and Silver remakes are on their way and will be called HEART Gold and SOUL Silver"

I was exited and scared at the same time.

Hmm, it's like something out of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Upa

Pink Floyd Never Die
I'm kind of bad at playing football (soccer to you insolents) except goalkeeper. So today there's this big idiot who plays well but has a bad attitude and abuses people and starts swearing in the middle of the match.

So I ask the captain of the team if I can take the next free kick, and he agreed. It was around a few yards behind the half line. Suddenly that idiot comes and starts expressing foul language and ends his sentence with- I'd dance around the school naked if you score. And whoopee doo, I take it and score from that far! And everyone was staring at him.

It was my first official goal in years. And was my last one. (The incident happened today)

Not really freakish but I thought I'd say it.

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
Okay don't brick me for resurrecting this thread, but after discovering my student ID number, I wanted to share it.

My student number is 358. My favorite Pokemon is Chimecho, which is number 358 in the National Dex according to Serebii. I also support the Kingdom Heart's series villains Organization XIII, whose own game is called 358/2. Durrhurr!

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.
It's not a month, you'll be fine~

And uh, my coicidence was I thinking about a sorta movie where lighting flashes and you see some angry dude outside from the window and freak out, and then I hear three knocks on my window. Scared the crap out of me.

Cuttle

yea......
so at school this one day i told this guy he was a jerk(but at the school i swore) so when i finally got home after freaking out about telling my parents. i walk in the family room and my bro was watching spongebob. guess which episode it was. the one about bad words

Mew-100

Future Scriptwriter!
I was reading about the Teen Titans Movie Trouble in Tokyo and read about a Starfire and Robin Kiss scene, so I went to Youtube to watch the scene. When it finished my crush who is considering going out with me logged onto MSN.

I was really freaked out.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Mew-100 said:
I was reading about the Teen Titans Movie Trouble in Tokyo and read about a Starfire and Robin Kiss scene, so I went to Youtube to watch the scene. When it finished my crush who is considering going out with me logged onto MSN.

I was really freaked out.

I just finished watching a Teen Titans episode a couple of seconds ago, and saw this post (obviously). It was craaaaazzzzzzy.

fail'd 4 spoils tho m8

Buck The Bidoof Masta

No HM Slaves Here
As is, im a fan of the Halo series, so I decided to mess around on Halopedia and type my sisters name (Yasmin) in.

Not only was there a person in the universe with her name(albeit with an e at the end), but this person also had my dads first name as her last.
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Yasmine_Zaman

It was very weird.

need_2_read

Genius Teenage Girl
So up untill five years ago, my parents were the only ones on my dad's side who had kids. The my dad's older brother got his wife pregnant and her due date was my birthday, August 20. Her son was born on August eigth. Then 3 years later she was pregnant again and the baby was due on my brother's birthday, November 23. the baby was born on the 19th.

Shadow Breaker

It's Snap with G36C!
My friend and I (his name is Jared) were just joking around. Then he says

"How many Shawns does it take to Shawn a Shawn?"
[my name is Shawn]

I say, "I don't know."

and he says, "NINETY-FOUR!"

And ever since, 94 has been this inside joke...

Second:
My friend (jared) and I were discussing our favorite Simpsons moments and we thought of the time in "Girls Just Want to have Sums" when Lisa was pondering something and the number signs were telling her things.

one was the greater than or equal to sign and it said, "with this kind of education, you could be greater than or equal to boys!"

one was the number 8. It said, "Even though you're only eight, your possibilities are infinite"

The last was the number 27 and it said randomly, "TWENTY SEVEN!"
just like the exclaimation, "94!"

Coincidences:
Finals started, and nearly all my grades for the Finals were

When jared when to camp, he went to choose a locker. Both the lockers 27 and 94 were skipped for some reason.

The third is hard to explain; lets just say that a certain page of a certain book is:

(sorry for the long rant) :)