• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Free money! Today!

DarumakkaImposter

Nope, I lied. HO team. :D

Introduction
After a while, I decided to build a HO team. I didn't put much thought into building it, so I came here to get help. After seeing Oh, Romeo's HO teams, it brought back the love I have for HO. I will give some links to his teams and an article on Smogon about the game. Please, read the Smogon article and if you want, Oh, Romeo's teams as well. The article from Smogon (as well as Romeo's teams) will help you better understand what HO is, the gameplay, and a bunch of other crap. Please read the link that will be provided before you rate and if you don't you will:

1. Look like an idiot
2. Possibly be reported for giving bad advice
3. Be ignored

I would hope that I won't have to do #2 but I will if needed to. This team is a 3:3 Mono FIGHTING team.

Links

Serebii

http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=541205

Smogon

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61631

Oh, Romeo

First team (NOTE: This was on PokeBattleCenter server on PO where he is OU): http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=540086

Second Team (NOTE: This team is played on Smogon): http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=540086

READ BEFORE POSTING

Anyone who suggests Magnezone on this team, please stop posting. Its Hyper Offense.. Magnezone may revenge kill something but it immediately destroys your offensive tempo and waste dual screens. It makes him even more Excadrill weak as it never wins even with Balloon (HP Fire can't OHKO without a boost).

Ok guys HO is a simple concept. Dual Screens + 5 setup sweepers. Please don't post bad advice if you don't know what you're talking about.

Although I agree with you. On this team, Magnezone just has no place. This team is different.

Team Building Process

560.png
|
612.png
|
212.png

This team is mainly built around Zuruzukin, Ononokusu, and Scizor. Altogether they cover each others types very effectively.

560.png
|
612.png
|
212.png
|
639.png
|
448.png
|
386-speed.png

So the rest I just put on here.

560.png
|
612.png
|
212.png
|
639.png
|
640.png
|
386-speed.png

Virizion is there to take care of Quagsire.​

Team Preview
386-speed.png
|
612.png
|
212.png
|
639.png
|
640.png
|
560.png

Team

386-speed.png

Deoxys-S @ Light Clay
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

I will need this to set up rocks to aid my sweepers. Reflect and Light Screen to help in Def and SpDef. Taunt cause it's one of the fastest Taunt users in the game besides Pokes with Prankster.

612.png

オノノクス (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

My own variant of the DD set. DD to raise my already decent speed. Outrage will kill TONS of stuff with 2 DDs. Earthquake to hit stuff that I normally couldn't. +1 BB can OHKO stuff like Heatran.

212.png

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Brick Break

Bulky SD Scizor. SD a couple of times and then hit stuff with either STAB boosted Bullet Punch or STAB boosted Bug Bite (I have no idea why I had X-Scissor as a boosted move). BB for helping kill other stuff like Heatran and Excadrill.

639.png

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
Trait: Justified
Jolly Nature (+Spe, - SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge

Double Booster Terrakion. CC and SE for STAB. It will also be able to hit stuff hard after A SD or two. RP to boost my speed some more.

640.png

Virizion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpAtk)
Justified
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Suggested by Oh, Romeo. I will try this set. This Virizion is used mainly to counter Unaware Quagsire, which will wall this team (one of the only things that can almost wall a HO team). SD to set up, LB for stab (and to get rid of unaware Quag). CC for stab as well to help deal with random Ferro and SE for coverage.

560.png

ズルズキン (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Pretty much standard DD Scrafty. DD and sweep. Ice Punch for dragons and other stuff. DP for hitting stuff hard as well as STAB and recovery. Crunch for STAB as well.

Final Look
386-speed.png
|
612.png
|
212.png
|
639.png
|
640.png
|
560.png

There's my team! :D Rate away!

Import

Deoxys-S @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

オノノクス (Haxorus) (F) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

Scizor (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Brick Break

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge

Virizion @ Life Orb
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

ズルズキン (Scrafty) (F) @ Lum Berry
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Ice Punch​

Last edited:

irock245

She wants it
Might want to give your deoxys an attacking move so he isn't thundurus bait.

Everyone is obsessed with Hyper Offense or what?lol I mean, it was awesome back in 4th gen but now... with all the different and new metagame...but yeah it might work.

Anyways, I never played 5th gen HO, but I suppose this is a 3:3 fighting type team right? If so, you can use MixApe over Lucario w/ Overheat, Close Combat, filler filler. Since you have no Fire coverage. MixMence could be an option too.
You have 2 dragon dancers, so maybe use the Choice band/scarf set on that haxorus?
Oh, and Jolly on scrafty. it needs speeeeeed
And Deoxys should have an attack.. what if it's your last pokemon?

^that's a stupid rate ikr

Last edited:
First of all

STOP USING HO PPL THEY SUCK NINJASK DICK
I love HO teams, the only teams I like better are anti-metagame teams.....

I strongly, strongly, STRONGLY suggest that you use a CB Haxorus, DD Haxorus, just, isn't the best set......

Oh - Romeo

Romeo Romeo...
Hey man, thanks for the compliments! I'm glad you liked my team and that you decided to get back into HO! I really like your team, Scrafty is a lot of fun to use.

Below in bold are the changes I suggest you make, but most of it is just nitpicking. :)

Nope, I lied. HO team. :D

Introduction
After a while, I decided to build a HO team. I didn't put much thought into building it, so I came here to get help. After seeing Oh, Romeo's HO teams, it brought back the love I have for HO. I will give some links to his teams and an article on Smogon about the game. Please, read the Smogon article and if you want, Oh, Romeo's teams as well. The article from Smogon (as well as Romeo's teams) will help you better understand what HO is, the gameplay, and a bunch of other crap. Please read the link that will be provided before you rate and if you don't you will:

1. Look like an idiot
2. Possibly be reported for giving bad advice
3. Be ignored

I would hope that I won't have to do #2 but I will if needed to.

Links

Smogon

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61631

Oh, Romeo

First team (NOTE: This was on PokeBattleCenter server on PO where he is OU): http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=540086

Second Team (NOTE: This team is played on Smogon): http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=540086

Team Building Process

560.png
|
612.png
|
212.png

This team is mainly built around Zuruzukin, Ononokusu, and Scizor. Altogether they cover each others types very effectively.

560.png
|
612.png
|
212.png
|
639.png
|
448.png
|
386-speed.png

So the rest I just put on here.​

Team Preview
560.png
|
612.png
|
212.png
|
639.png
|
448.png
|
386-speed.png

Team

560.png

ズルズキン (M) @ Leftovers
- Dragon Dance
- Hi Jump Kick
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Pretty much standard DD Scrafty. DD and sweep. Ice Punch for dragons and other stuff. HJK for hitting stuff hard as well as STAB. Crunch for STAB as well.Scrafty is such a beast :) seems fine

612.png

オノノクス (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

My own variant of the DD set. DD to hit stuff with my 432 Atk harder. Outrage will kill TONS of stuff with 2 DDs. Earthquake to hit stuff that I normally couldn't. X-Scissor for coverage.
Stone Edge and Earthquake is a better offensive combination than X-Scissor, and you've got Bug-Type coverage sorted with Scizor. I suggest changing the nature because it is important to out-speed other dragons. Outrage hits so hard after a DD and Life Orb boost that I'm not sure the Adamant nature scores a OHKO on a pokemon that a Jolly wouldn't. But it's probably just me nitpicking.

212.png

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe Atk / 4 Hp
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Pursuit

Bulky SD Scizor. SD a couple of times and then hit stuff with either STAB boosted Bullet Punch or STAB boosted X-Scissor. Roost for recovery for LO recoil.
More and more people in the current metagame are running speed EV's on their Scizors, and I suggest you should do the same. Scizor is naturally bulky enough and has that great Steel typing that allows him to set up easily without allocating EV's into his HP and Def. Your other sweepers fit into the 'traditional' sweeper mould i.e. as powerful and fast as possible, so you probably shouldn't throw a random bulky offense Pokemon in the mix. Remember, Scizor often comes out (when I use him anyways) in the early stages of the game and therefore has a high chance of hiding behind screens too, to substitute for his lack of bulk EV's.
Bug Bite is abuse Technician. It's better to just sacrifice Scizor and start fresh with a new sweeper than to use Roost.

639.png

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature (+Spe, - SAtk)
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

If I need to use this guy I will. Not normally a Poke for HO but meh. I need to outspeed stuff and kill it sometimes before I can actually carry out my plan. CC and SE are huge STAB attacks that will hit stuff hard. X-Scissor for coverage and EQ for that too.
Seems perfect, a great revenge killer.
448.png

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch

SD Lucario set. SD and then ES. Extreme Speed can hit lots of things hard. CC for STAB and hitting stuff (again) hard. IP for Dragons and stuff.
Now this is the one member I'm not sure about. At only 90 base speed, he gets raped by the 110+ base speed sweepers that most people use these days. Also, having a fighting weakness is not a good thing in the current metagame with so many beast Fighting types - and the defensive synergy isn't good either, with both Scrafty and Terraktion being susceptible to Fighting moves. He just doesn't seem to be doing anything that your other team mates can do better - Scrafty is a better, and faster Fighter after DD, and Scizor has priority covered with Bullet Punch. Thus, I feel you should completely scrap him...and replace him with Virizion, and I'll explain why now.
Quagire is a big enemy to Hyper Offense, and your team has a massive Quagsire weakness. A Quagsire running max HP and Def EV's, which is quite common, can easily survive even Haxorus' Outrage and proceed to put him to sleep or burn him with Scald. He walls your entire team. A Swords Dance Virizion eliminates the problem. In terms of both offensive and defensive synergy, Virizion is almost perfect too. He can revenge any water-types that trouble your Terrakion. In terms of his weakness's, your other teams cover them perfectly. Virizion's Psychic weakness is covered by Scrafty and Scizor (making adding Pursuit to your Scizor even more important). His Ice weakness is covered by Terrakion and Scrafty. I just feel Virizion would add a lot more to your team. Here's a set I use:

Virizion@Life Orb
Jolly
Justified
252atk / 252 spe / 252 hp
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge

386-speed.png

Deoxys-S @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

I will need this to set up rocks to aid my sweepers. Reflect and Light Screen to help in Def and SpDef. Taunt cause it's one of the fastest Taunt users in the game besides Pokes with Prankster.
Perfect lead. If they are using a Prankster lead, just don't be stupid and let him Taunt you. Just predict the Taunt and switch to a sweeper immediately instead. I don't know why people never do that xD

Final Look
560.png
612.png
212.png
639.png
448.png
386-speed.png

There's my team! :D Rate away!

I really like your team and hope my comments made sense to you.
The only last thing I can see is that Skarmory might become a big problem to you. If you add Virizion like I think you should, it makes two of your Pokemon weak to its Brave Bird whilst nobody in your team is capable of a clean OHKO on it. Thus, seeing as your Terrakion's moves are covered by your other Pokemon, you might want to play with the idea of replacing him with a Scarf Infernape/Blaziken/any strong Pokemon with a strong Fire attack.

I hope I've helped. Let me know how the team progresses :)

Last edited:
Hey man, thanks for the compliments! I'm glad you liked my team and that you decided to get back into HO! I really like your team, Scrafty is a lot of fun to use.

Below in bold are the changes I suggest you make, but most of it is just nitpicking. :)

I really like your team and hope my comments made sense to you.
The only last thing I can see is that Skarmory might become a big problem to you. If you add Virizion like I think you should, it makes two of your Pokemon weak to its Brave Bird whilst nobody in your team is capable of a clean OHKO on it. Thus, seeing as your Terrakion's moves are covered by your other Pokemon, you might want to play with the idea of replacing him with a Scarf Infernape/Blaziken/any strong Pokemon with a strong Fire attack.

I hope I've helped. Let me know how the team progresses :)

Your Haxorus set seems shaky, man, HE CAN'T EVEN LEARN STONE EDGE

Try THIS SET

Haxorus @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker / Rivalry
Evs: STANDARD
Nature: Jolly NEVER USE JOLLY! ADAMANT IS THE THING!
- Outrage
- Dual Chop / Dragon Claw / Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

TRY NOT TO USE ROCK SLIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh - Romeo

Romeo Romeo...
Farfan@DD raises Scrafty's speed. Behind screens and with its natural bulk, and fantastic typing, he is more than capable of getting even 2 DD's before he sweeps, but I guess Jolly is viable.
And actually, HO has never been more viable than now, with the obvious power creep witnessed in the 5th Gen.
Deoxys will probably be used as his lead, not sure why he put it in the last slot xD
Choice items are using FROWNED UPON in Hyper Offense. You need to hit as hard as possible with the widest Arsenal of Super Effective coverage moves as you can. Without DD Haxorus gets owned by Salamence whose is once again dominating OU with his standard DD set, and Dragonite, who with Marvel Scale finds it easier than any dragon to set up. Let alone Latios whose standard set runs a Choice Scarf. After two DD's - easily achieved behind screens - Haxorus outspeeds Scarf Latios, removing it's BIGGEST CHECK. He needs speed, and is powerful enough without the CB.
It's also generally frowned upon to use mixed sweepers in HO. I can't be bothered to explain why, read the article he's provided. :)

@Lucario4444444(however many fours -.0)
read above for why the CB set sucks on a Hyper Offense team.

Sorry in advance for the double post.

EDIT: @Lucario: A simple mistake. Was thinking of Salamence and Stone Edge. Hardly worth the block capitals. But suggesting a Choice Band set for a Hyper Offense set is an even shakier piece of advice, man. Do you know anything about Hyper Offense? Choice items are seriously frowned upon. Choice Scarfs are kinda viable in specific scenarios, but a Choice Band? - lol.

Last edited:

DarumakkaImposter

Hey thanks romeo. :D It did make sense. :D I like the virizion idea. i will get one. :D Ima do some calcs and put in some results on here later. Btw, Ononokusu cant learn SE, on Rock slide. D:

Edit: I was gonna tell lucario but you ninjad me Romeo. XD

irock245

She wants it
i just realized. It says on his scizor to have 252 spatk ev.s Change though to speed.

Farfan@DD raises Scrafty's speed. Behind screens and with its natural bulk, and fantastic typing, he is more than capable of getting even 2 DD's before he sweeps, but I guess Jolly is viable.
And actually, HO has never been more viable than now, with the obvious power creep witnessed in the 5th Gen.
Deoxys will probably be used as his lead, not sure why he put it in the last slot xD
Choice items are using FROWNED UPON in Hyper Offense. You need to hit as hard as possible with the widest Arsenal of Super Effective coverage moves as you can. Without DD Haxorus gets owned by Salamence whose is once again dominating OU with his standard DD set, and Dragonite, who with Marvel Scale finds it easier than any dragon to set up. He needs speed, and is powerful enough without the CB.
It's also generally frowned upon to use mixed sweepers in HO. I can't be bothered to explain why, read the article he's provided. :)

@Lucario4444444(however many fours -.0)
read above for why the CB set sucks on a Hyper Offense team.

Sorry in advance for the double post.

Nope, Haxorus has Mold Breaker and its ignores Multiscale. Wanna know the reason why Haxorus was overrated????? Not only because of speed, because people tried to find ways to bypass the speed problem. Which does not give him the power he needs and, makes him shitty. Of you really hate CB haxorus, try a Swords Dance

DarumakkaImposter

Nope, Haxorus has Mold Breaker and its ignores Multiscale. Wanna know the reason why Haxorus was overrated????? Not only because of speed, because people tried to find ways to bypass the speed problem. Which does not give him the power he needs and, makes him shitty. Of you really hate CB haxorus, try a Swords Dance

SD = only Atk while DD = Atk and Spe. I know that SD raises it +2 but the speed is awesome to have.

Oh - Romeo

Romeo Romeo...

"Nope, Haxorus has Mold Breaker and its ignores Multiscale".

Seriously? Dragonite uses Marvel Scale to set up its own Dragon Dance, against any of his 5 other team members. He can then outspeed CB Haxorus and crushes him with Outrage. Believe it or not, Mold Breaker doesn't save him from being out-sped.

I don't hate CB Haxorus, I've used it before. But it's not viable in a HO team.

Last edited:

DarumakkaImposter

I should put that this is a mono fighting team. 3:3 I will update later cause I'm on my phone ATM.

Lucario: CB ONONOKUSU HAS NO PART ON A HO TEAM.

Last edited:
You really don't get HO, lol.

It's just funny. With DD, Haxorus IS a Dragonite check xDxDxD

I agree with you than DD is not the STANDARD Haxorus, but this isn't a STANDARD team, it's a HYPER OFFENSE team, so stop trying to give STANDARD advice.

I meant GET A DIFFERENT DRAGONITE CHECK!

Fine, fine, Im the noob here and I don't get hyper offense. Also, maybe you should use Weavile, or what about Whimmiscott? or maybe Magmortar??????

Also, Oh romeo, Im not the one that uses A SWEEPING METAGROSS

Last edited:

DarumakkaImposter

I meant GET A DIFFERENT DRAGONITE CHECK!

Fine, fine, Im the noob here and I don't get hyper offense. Also, maybe you should use Weavile, or what about Whimmiscott? or maybe Magmortar??????

Also, Oh romeo, Im not the one that uses A SWEEPING METAGROSS

Why get a different one? Weavile wouldn't do good here since it can't set up or sweep all by itself. Neither can Whimsicott and I don't think Magmotar can Either..

SWORDS DANCE IS JUST AS GREAT AND BETTER THAN DD

No. nononono

I agree that you need power but SPEED is where HO is sort of based on because if you have none, then you will die almost straight away.

Last edited: