• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Free Resources for Webmasters

john09199

re:hosting

personally, i use www.host100gb.com and www.1and1.com

they are fast and a good deal. and are the largest shared hosting provider

it include a domain name, 100Gb of web space, 20 email addresses, 2GB of mailbox space per account, 100 MySQL databases, 100 email aliases, photo galleries builder, web builder, blog and rss capabilities, firewall protextion, etc....

and that is only the beginner package at $4 a month. Go up to $5 a month, and get 100Gb of space, 1200 email accounts, 2 domain names, host many other websites there as well, 25 MySQL databases, etc. etc. etc....

they are the best deal i think. I've used them to host over 65-70 web sites.

pokeplatinum62

chachacharsi

how can i get free domain without any charges

You can spend some bucks registering a domain name, and a few more to have a company host your website, or you can get it all for free. Here's how.

#

Microsoft, of all people, will give you a website and domain name absolutely free. Though aimed at small businesses, anyone can register and set up a website.
#

Head to office.live.com and click on the button that says: "Office Live Small Business -- Sign Up for Free."
#

Fill in the simple registration information...it's basically name, city/state/zip, and email.

You'll be asked some business questions like "Number of employees". Just answer as best you can, even if the answer is zero, or one (yourself!).
#

Use the simple form that pops up to register a domain name, and build a website. You can have the whole thing in operation in 15 minutes.

Gitboxrhys

Grass Trainer
Hey i just started building a website and my "client" say's that she want's to send a newsletter out to subscribers.
My question is what system would be best for that ?
Thanks
Gitboxrhys

legend_trainer

Living with legends.
additional resource

You should add tizag.com to the tutorial/lessons list. They have tutorials on html, php, css, and more. They have some things that (sadly) W3Schools.com is missing.

PS: Gitboxrhys (or however its spelled (cant memorize or copy on phone))
try (this is untested):
mailto:subscribers.txt
phpcode (rough quess):
fopen (subscribers.txt)
append ", ".subemail
fclose
and having a form above that subscribers cann put their email into... something like that. idk.

Last edited:

servine

I am a she. Not he.
www.forumotion.com

it's quite nice. I used that to make my website. although you need to pay to have a custom domain name. there are ads. it just like Vbulletin.

Karanine

Rare Inc. Offer
I have 3 not in the list

http://www.zetaboards.com (off form Invisionfree boards)
http://www.freewebs.com (simple site design)

And my personal best site that includes phpbb ©
forumotion as said by other user is harder then most but easyiser to do sites old forums you could disable ads now its new no longer you can disable it.

Last edited:

Golden_Arcanine

Hey,

I'm hoping some of you guys can help me. I'm looking for a free domain and hosting of phpBB2 board. Anyone got some links that can help me out? Thanks.

EDIT: I'd prefer the site not have the www.[your site name].[that site].com if at all possible.

Last edited:

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
Hey,

I'm hoping some of you guys can help me. I'm looking for a free domain and hosting of phpBB2 board. Anyone got some links that can help me out? Thanks.

EDIT: I'd prefer the site not have the www.[your site name].[that site].com if at all possible.

When it comes to websites, you will never find a free host that provides you with free hosting and a free domain name. Some will have you pay for hosting, and give you a free domain name (and vice versa), but never both.
If you do not care about your domain having a popular extension (.com, .org, .net, ect.), you could try a website called dot.tk. You can get websites with the .tk extension (ex. instertdomainnamehere.tk).
You could try using websites like Proboards or Forumotion to get the forums hosted, then hook up your domain from there.

adryano112

FREE cPanel Web Hosting

500 MB Disk space
50 GB Traffic/Badwidth
1 Addon domains
7 Sub domains
3 Email addresses
3 MySQL DB's
cPanel 11 latest version
yourname.host49.com
yourname.blogs29.com
yourname.8o.ro
Free setup

http://www.Host29.Com

Gameqik

i would highly recommend 2freehosting as they are more reliable than any of the hosts given above
i used to host most of my site on there before ultimately moving up to get my own paid hosting

good luck to anyone working on their websites :)
requires lots of patience and hardwork

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
A few more hosts:

Neocities.org

Geocities.ws Yahoo closed Geocities; these people have an archive of sites. They're willing to let web masters take over their old sites. If you had a Geocities site you might find it here.
http://www.free-webhosts.com/
Not a host in & of themselves, but a nice site reviewing free hosts.

Other Resources:
https://www.thefreecountry.com/webmaster/index.shtml Directory of Free Webmaster resources.
http://www.sitelevel.com/ Search engine I've used. Free version can index 1000 pages. Doesn't need JavaScript, unlike Google CSE.

hevenson

Hello! This thread might need some updating. I'm adding my favorite resource which is the hPage Website Builder: https://www.hpage.com

You can create a website easily without knowing how to code. They have a hundred website templates, business features, and a lot more. You can go online right away. Special features include: design templates, website statistics, secure SSL encryption, mobile responsive designs, photo galleries, guestbook for visitors’ messages, appointment calendar for important dates, contact forms, link list, sending of newsletters directly to subscribers’ e-mail, member area, password protection, pinboard, shoutbox, sitemap, an audit log to track website changes, own a domain, create e-mail addresses, and much more.

If you want to upgrade, the paid package is also very cheap at 4.99 euros and you can pay via Paypal method.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Got an email yesterday that Master.com will shut down at the end of the year. They offered forums/blogs, a website search engine, a directory mirrored from DMOZ, & other free services you could use to create your own Yahoo-style web portal. They will be missed.