• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Free Screen Recording Programs?

legend_trainer

Living with legends.
I don't think the new version of camstudio has a virus. Norton hasn't caught anything... I use it because i couldn't find a good alternative during my lazy research a few months ago.

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
Camstudio is completely free (no nag screens, no functions disabled, no trial, etc) and simple to use. It's not as good as Fraps for recording game footage in terms of performance, but if you have a decent computer you should be able to record Minecraft footage fairly well. And no, it does not come with viruses. It's made by completely legitimate developers.

funrush

Elite Beat Agent
Camstudio is completely free (no nag screens, no functions disabled, no trial, etc) and simple to use. It's not as good as Fraps for recording game footage in terms of performance, but if you have a decent computer you should be able to record Minecraft footage fairly well. And no, it does not come with viruses. It's made by completely legitimate developers.

Okay, thanks. I was asking because I heard that a few months ago, a hacker got into their website and changed the links to ones that led to virus downloads.

legend_trainer

Living with legends.
Same, my tech ed teacher who uses it on the macs that are loaded with other expensive software had trouble finding it, but he had to start class, so he just told me to look around. i can't find it, so yeah, that is probably apple trying to get us to use macs.

Maylu Sakurai

Dawn's ultimate Fan!
Same, my tech ed teacher who uses it on the macs that are loaded with other expensive software had trouble finding it, but he had to start class, so he just told me to look around. i can't find it, so yeah, that is probably apple trying to get us to use macs.
if apple was paying people to infect windows based computer software to get people to got to mac they could get in federal trouble since hacking is a federal crime

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I used Camstudio and Xfire before. For this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik9eG61crGI&feature=player_embedded

Xfire works better with games.. but I hardly used it. (I use the TF2 replay where I can, as It's the thing I want to record.)

Just be aware if you're recording a video, the processor will be doing more work and frame rates will drop.